Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60480
Printed Date: May 13 2024 at 5:18pm

Topic: Tape users
Posted By: Lilypod
Subject: Tape users
Date Posted: April 15 2008 at 10:43am

Ok, I have a question for the tape gals:

Do you place it right of the very edge of your lace or do you leave a few millimeters of lace in the front without lace?
I put mine right at the edge and I feel that it kind of makes the lace harder to blend to your scalp.

What do you ladies do?

Replies:
Posted By: Breh
Date Posted: April 15 2008 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Lilypod Lilypod wrote:

Ok, I have a question for the tape gals:

Do you place it right of the very edge of your lace or do you leave a few millimeters of lace in the front without lace?
I put mine right at the edge and I feel that it kind of makes the lace harder to blend to your scalp.

What do you ladies do?

When I used to do all tape apps I used Proflex no shine tape and I would place the tape on the very edge of the lace. Although it does blend well, it does not completely disappear like when you use adhesive. That is why I don't use tape on the very front of the hairline, just along the sides up to the temples. Wink

Posted By: Lace Lover
Date Posted: April 15 2008 at 5:58pm
I've tried it both ways (all the way to the edge) to me this shows more.  The other way I've done it is  to put it about 1/8 of an inch behind the hairline at the top and use just a bit of glue at the edge.  It works better that way for me.

Posted By: Mistress Shaka
Date Posted: April 15 2008 at 6:10pm
I use to place the lace at the very edge of the tape, I stopped after I found the tape to be collecting the color on my foundation makeup, so now I put the tape on the skin first then I place the lace a few centimeters in front of the tape so that I can use the safe grip adhesive for a more natural look.

I will have to put a pic of my unit in my avatar here so you can see.

Print Page | Close Window