Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60592
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 1:26pm

Topic: Chinese Light Yaki
Posted By: Heaven_lei
Subject: Chinese Light Yaki
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 1:56am
Hello Ladies,
Your thoughts on this texture??? I am debating on getting this?? Anyone got pictures of theirs or opinions....

Replies:
Posted By: Miss Lace
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 3:06am
Look at my fotki. the app is not perfect.
http://public.fotki.com/Clynes/yiweiduwayneho/ - http://public.fotki.com/Clynes/yiweiduwayneho/

It's a chinese remy yaki AA. I like it.

Posted By: Bella8933
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:26am

Very pretty and natural Miss Lace!!!!

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:31am
very pretty, i personally think the chinese light yaki is the most realistic to freshly permed AA hair..

Posted By: mslady
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:32am
Your application looks fine.  The hair texture is very natural like freshly relaxed AA hair.  I like it.  

Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:47am
Thanks ladies....who do you recommend for this texture. I was going to with jacksun or holly..anyone else know of a good CV?

Posted By: mslady
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:01am
I think either KevinCN or Jacksun.  I'm not sure about Holly's light yaki. 

Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:22am
Thanks Mslady

Posted By: Lacygirl
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:51am
Miss Lace your appl looks fine too me,practice makes perfect

Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 7:10am
Thank you all ladies. I don't think my appl is good enough on these pics. I have appl yesterday and now is the first time that there is not much babyhair that get stuck in the glue. But i am practice and it will be better.
@ Heaven lei. I order this one from yiweidu. In the begin (the first day) a lot of hair came out. But that was one time.  De density is medium and it can take some shedding because there is a lot of hair.

Posted By: lexi23
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 3:04pm
i love your app. i have a  indian remy light yaki  that i just got from rex and i would ike to know what color cap you use cause im your color and what color is your lace. please give me some advise.

Posted By: BFF Princess
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

very pretty, i personally think the chinese light yaki is the most realistic to freshly permed AA hair..

I totally agree, that's why it is so frustrating that most vendors do not carry chinese light yaki stock units. I have had to order customs for all my chinese light yaki units. It is rare to see one on a stock list.
Rex has a 20" #2 natural on his stock list now.

Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:02pm
Actually, just checked the Rex chinese remy units are sold.. I was hoping he would have them until payday :(

Posted By: loveangie
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:05pm
I just got really pretty Chinese Remy Light Yaki from Holly last week. When I went to get it layered on Saturday, the stylist couldn't get over how gorgeous it was. It does seem to tangle just a little, though. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:27pm
Hmmm well i dont want any tangling in mines...i think imma go with jacksun for this one...

Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 7:13pm
Ya, I have a Jacksun (3 months old) with no tangling and I have a Jiery (6 months old) that I wore for 4 months straight (my first unit) and I've had no tangling at all.

Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 7:38pm
I had removed it to wash and set it, but I put it back on so you can see how pretty the texture is. It tangles a little in the back where she cut in long layers, and she put hairspray on the brush because I wouldn't let her spray my whole head. After Saturday, it started getting tangled back there. Isn't it pretty though?
It's not applied, it's just sitting on top of my head like a hat.    [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle" />

Posted By: illustrious1
Date Posted: April 21 2008 at 8:08pm
Its my favorite texture here is my fotki! All of mine have been frpm TZ.

http://public.fotki.com/illustrious1/chinese-light-yaki/ - http://public.fotki.com/illustrious1/chinese-light-yaki/

PW:Sale

Date Posted: April 22 2008 at 8:43am
Wow loveangie, it looks very pretty and i looks more natural than my application.

Date Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Miss Lace Miss Lace wrote:

Wow loveangie, it looks very pretty and i looks more natural than my application.

Your application looks really good girl! Plus, mine isn't even applied in that pic. Don't be so hard on yourself. You know you got it going on with your pretty self!    

Posted By: meechie2cute
Date Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:35am
Those look great!

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Heaven_lei Heaven_lei wrote:

Thanks ladies....who do you recommend for this texture. I was going to with jacksun or holly..anyone else know of a good CV?

I recently got a Chinese light yaki from Holly and I love it. The texture is great and it doesn't tangle.

Posted By: ShowStoppers
Date Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:58am

I have had my yaki unit from Holly for about 3 ½ months now and I haven’t experienced any tangling.  

Date Posted: April 22 2008 at 12:36pm
Great! Holly it is...im gettin excited already..thanks so much ladies!!!

Posted By: sierra35
Date Posted: April 23 2008 at 12:38am
hi ladies what are yall putting on units? I have chinese yaki light coming, wondering about styling products to use

Posted By: griff
Date Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:40am
Sierra35,

Less is more.  All I use is SM conditioner in the microwave and a dime sized amount of SM leave in.  That's it!  Remember, it' s not AA hair, so if you put products in it you will have lots of tangles.

Posted By: sierra35
Date Posted: April 23 2008 at 2:00pm
thanks griff, so you mean no styling products when you go to hot curl or no type of oil sheen serum daily to keep hair daiyl with a little shine?

Posted By: griff
Date Posted: April 24 2008 at 12:07am
If I use heat and I rarely do with this texture, I use a tiny amount of heat protecting serum only once.  I use sponge rollers in the shower with the steam to make curls or hot rollers.  Once they are set, I pin curl them at night with bobby pins.  I am not a fan of heat on any kind of hair.  Try to avoid brushing altogether and use a wide tooth comb.HTH.

Print Page | Close Window