Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60806
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 12:01am

Topic: My Daughter is Making a Lace Wig
Posted By: Tea4Two
Subject: My Daughter is Making a Lace Wig
Date Posted: May 01 2008 at 9:09pm

My daughter is making her own lace wig.  She's never worn one; just seen mine whenever she's in town. And I've been sending her links to this forum on occasion. She's so impressed at how good everyone's hair looks that she's making her own.

The last time she was at my house a couple of weeks ago, her wig was very sparce since she had just started. She sent me a photo today and I could have sworn I was looking at a vendor's photo.

I'm so proud of her! 

Thought I'd share a couple of photos with you folks!  Remember, it's NOT complete yet.  Those photos will come later.

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two

Replies:
Posted By: prettyandbrains
Date Posted: May 01 2008 at 9:21pm
ooooh! Ahhhhh! Me likey likey! Can I be her first customer??

-------------
-There is no limit to what an active mind can achieve. Never stop thinking and discovering- Me

Posted By: GAKKIE
Date Posted: May 01 2008 at 9:36pm

WOW!!! THAT LQQK GOOD.

Posted By: DiorsMommy
Date Posted: May 01 2008 at 11:26pm
amazing.... how many hours has she logged in yet?

Posted By: chyna_li
Date Posted: May 02 2008 at 6:47am

Shouts out to your daughter for a great job.  What kind of hair is that and where did she get it and how long has this process been for her.

-------------
Chyna_Li

Posted By: Lacygirl
Date Posted: May 02 2008 at 7:23am
That looks FANTASTIC, she is very talented

-------------
Remeber to tell your children you love them. You might not have that chance tommorow..

Posted By: Shonita24
Date Posted: May 02 2008 at 9:26am

Tea,

Wow, that looks awesome..what type of hair is she using and how long has she been at it?

-------------
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"

Date Posted: May 02 2008 at 9:29am

I'm sorry I don't know the answers to most of your questions.  I did send my daughter an email with your questions so she can answer them.  I'll post her answer when I receive it.

She's been working on this wig for about a month.  My daughter is a nurse and works weird hours, so she cannot devote a whole lotta time to making her wig as she would like.  She also told me that she made a mistake while ventilating the nape area. She was ventilating each and every hole (which took a long time) until she realized that she should not have done that.  She says the nape area is REAL thick!  I told her better to make that mistake on the nape as opposed to the front hairline and end up looking like a warewolf.LOL

After watching her, I'm actually seriously thinking about using some wefted hair I have and making a net wig and putting a lace frontal on it somehow. 

-------------

Posted By: intl_babygirl
Date Posted: May 02 2008 at 1:26pm
talent !!!!

-------------
hmm ... http://public.fotki.com/intlbabygirl/

Posted By: ljdream
Date Posted: May 02 2008 at 3:42pm
Clap That is so great!!!, I am proud of her.

I've made a total of 3 so far and I've even perfected my double knots to look like basic strands of hair instead of bulky knots. It's not hard, just time consuming.Embarrassed

Posted By: ljdream
Date Posted: May 02 2008 at 3:43pm
Tongue perfect idea!!!

Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

I'm sorry I don't know the answers to most of your questions.  I did send my daughter an email with your questions so she can answer them.  I'll post her answer when I receive it.

She's been working on this wig for about a month.  My daughter is a nurse and works weird hours, so she cannot devote a whole lotta time to making her wig as she would like.  She also told me that she made a mistake while ventilating the nape area. She was ventilating each and every hole (which took a long time) until she realized that she should not have done that.  She says the nape area is REAL thick!  I told her better to make that mistake on the nape as opposed to the front hairline and end up looking like a warewolf.LOL

After watching her, I'm actually seriously thinking about using some wefted hair I have and making a net wig and putting a lace frontal on it somehow. 

Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: May 04 2008 at 3:09pm
How would one go about making one? And what things would be needed?

-------------

Date Posted: May 04 2008 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by _Princess_ _Princess_ wrote:

She started off watching the YouTube video (which does not go into great detail),
then she went to the fabric shops with a piece of my lace in her hand to find that type of lace. 
Once she found the lace, she studied the lace wig making photos and videos and began making her own. 
I told her there are classes that teach wig making, but she really couldn't take the extra time to go to a class.

-------------

Posted By: NClady
Date Posted: May 04 2008 at 3:49pm
_popupControl(); Looking good and that hair is pretty...

-------------
Bangles and Stilettos

Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: May 04 2008 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

Originally posted by _Princess_ _Princess_ wrote:

She started off watching the YouTube video (which does not go into great detail),
then she went to the fabric shops with a piece of my lace in her hand to find that type of lace. 
Once she found the lace, she studied the lace wig making photos and videos and began making her own. 
I told her there are classes that teach wig making, but she really couldn't take the extra time to go to a class.

Thanks Tea4Two

-------------

Print Page | Close Window