Print Page | Close Window

Pink Orange Color Problem

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6110
Printed Date: June 29 2024 at 5:55am

Topic: Pink Orange Color Problem
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Pink Orange Color Problem
Date Posted: November 17 2002 at 9:25pm
I have a little problem, and hope that one of you wise posters out there have a helpful suggestion for me.

My natural color is ash blond. I used a blonding kit, about 3 weeks ago, which worked really well, and didn`t damage my hair very much. I bleached it, so that I could apply a semi permanent red color (Color Jamz Wild Red) that washed out to a really nice pink. I reapplied the red 10 days ago. Knowing that I have a job interview tomorrow, I worked on getting my hair back to a "normal" color today.

The pink was pretty faded, with blond patches showing through. So, I bought a semi permanent light brown color (Preference, or something), thinking that would cover it. Wrong. It didn`t seem to do anything to the pink color. It just darkened the blond parts.

So, I got another bleaching kit, thinking that was drastic, but would work. I have the color that I could pull off a plantinum blond look. :) Well, again, it seems only to have affected the parts that show through blond. The pink IS faded, but looks sort of light pink/orangey now, liberally streaked with platinum blond. Ugh!

Any suggestions on what I can do to make this look more presentable? I saw a suggestion on this board to use an ash blond to neutralize orange colors. But, does that only apply to the sort of brassy orange that brunettes get when they bleach?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies: