Print Page | Close Window

buzz cut?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6111
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 11:25am

Topic: buzz cut?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: buzz cut?
Date Posted: November 18 2002 at 2:42am
ah no one answer my question well ill try posting here.....

Ok im a guy and about 2 weeks ago my hair was cut and leaving maybe like 1-1.5 inch on the top and the sides are short since its buzzed.

I wanna have a buzz cut all over my head too and start all over with my hair and have it much better than it is now. I currently have short hair like 1 inch off the top but because of my hair`s dryness, baby and unstraight curly hair mostly at the front and center is it annoying. My hair is not in the worst condition because if you see me gel you`ll say it looks normal but i just want it be much better.

The thing is i want a buzz cut but i dont wanna have it completely bald and the scalp can be seen like a mile away . Just a good even and shorter cut all over my head, but then again i think that will look really strange because of my big ears (IMO lol) and i have a little scar which got it when i was little.

so i agree u need a good shape head and the right face to suit a buzz cut. And some people that have that look is good and others not, it just depends on their overall head appearance i guess.

sigh decisions and desicions...

also anyone know if the buzz cut process really helps your hair starting all over again and keeping it better? I keep thinking it will because my sides and back which i always get buzzed is always much better than my top compare to my center/front hair when it grows out.

Replies:
Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: November 18 2002 at 4:49pm
Hi, this is just my opinion, but I personally think the hair will look MUCH better if it`s tapered at the back and on the sides. If the hair is all the same length everywhere, the tendency is to look like a fuzzy peach all over instead of a nice haircut.

It sounds like you`re just unhappy with the haircut (oh, I can relate....). Personally, if I were you, I`d make sure to find a barber instead of a hair stylist. With all due respect to stylists, I can always tell when a man`s short hair has been cut by a stylist. A barber usually gives a much more masculine haircut (though, of course there are many exceptions; barbers can give whack jobs, too!).

The cut that you get won`t "help" the hair that grows out of your head. However, it just sounds like you either need much longer hair or much shorter, to avoid the medium length of curls that you get.

About your scar -- I wouldn`t let that be a factor at all. Nobody has a perfect head shape or perfect skin, and sometimes those little scars are what help make us unique!

Jennifer

-------------