Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=61377
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 8:02am

Topic: Help! Need some advice!!!
Posted By: *Mrs.Hoyle*
Subject: Help! Need some advice!!!
Date Posted: June 09 2008 at 12:40pm
Help!!! Got my new FLW this weekend.I thought wearing a #1 would be a nice change,right?(usually I wear hi lites or lighter colors...)So when I get it on,I look like a 10 year old with a Beyonce wig on but black!!!(yall know..how her hair is BIG with the curls?)Anyways....I read an idea about the thinning shears..will it work for deep wavy hair???
And can someone PLEASE help a sista out with what I can do about highlighting it...I would like to do a blonde/strawberry blond or a caramel...?

Replies:
Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: June 09 2008 at 4:34pm
you are in for a challenge first off buying no. 1 pretty much means its dyed with clothing dye which doesn't lift with regular hair coloring.. you can do a test patch and see, there are highlighting kits that have the caps with holes in them which protect the lace and the knots.. i would imagine your knots are like black ants.. another problem, you will need to refer to the newbie thread on the rit's dye remover DIP instructions to get the black clothing dye out, if that is in fact what its been colored with.. and it will assist in lifting the color enough to bleach the knots.. you can certainly use the thining scissor's on a wavy and there are instructions in the newbie thread on how to thin..

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: June 09 2008 at 9:14pm

Sexi is right about needing to use the Rit Fabric Dye Remover to lift the color on a #1 BUT please know that if you do so your unit won't be a deep wavy texture anymore because the Dye Remover will also loosen those curls up quite a bit. I learned that the hard way Unhappy  You could end up with just a slight wave but you will be able to highlight it afterwards.

As a general rule you should buy your curly units already in the color you want to wear it or maybe a little lighter. Dying it darker doesn't hurt the hair texture at all but lifting the color with Rit will.

-------------
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".

Date Posted: June 12 2008 at 8:59pm
thanks for the advice...maybe i wont look like i have a dolly parton wig on anymore when i thin it out some !!! LOL AND I definately will do the rit removal thing...thank u again

Posted By: PrincessLF
Date Posted: June 13 2008 at 10:47am
Definitely do the strand test first before even using the Rit dye remover.  I just colored a 1b with powdered bleach and creme developer without using the dye remover.  Just save yourself some time first.  If the strand test fails, proceed on with the RIT dye remover.  Good luck.

Posted By: DonnaB63
Date Posted: June 13 2008 at 11:16am
Hi.  If you haven't cut the lace or altered the unit, try contacting the vendor about an exchange.  If you have purchased other units and are a good customer, they might be willing to work with you.  If you're stuck with it, all the above tips are good.  But maybe you're just a little gun shy about the dark color.  Maybe it looks very sexy / exotic on you, and that might not be a bad thing.  Hope you can work it out...

-------------
'La vida te da sorpresas, sorpresas te da la vida"

http://public.fotki.com/DonnaB63/

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: June 14 2008 at 8:21am
Originally posted by DonnaB63 DonnaB63 wrote:

Hi.  If you haven't cut the lace or altered the unit, try contacting the vendor about an exchange.  If you have purchased other units and are a good customer, they might be willing to work with you.  If you're stuck with it, all the above tips are good.  But maybe you're just a little gun shy about the dark color.  Maybe it looks very sexy / exotic on you, and that might not be a bad thing.  Hope you can work it out...

Donna you better work that avatar you look sooooooooooooo beautiful! Clap

Date Posted: June 14 2008 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by PrincessLF PrincessLF wrote:

Definitely do the strand test first before even using the Rit dye remover.  I just colored a 1b with powdered bleach and creme developer without using the dye remover.  Just save yourself some time first.  If the strand test fails, proceed on with the RIT dye remover.  Good luck.

What color did u dye it if u dont mind me asking?! Girl I tried to remove the color...it did take SOME but not all out...and its STILL black even when i dyed it!!! Cry I will keep this as my back up..im goin to be on the look out for a 2/27 like originally planned! Thanks for the advice.

Print Page | Close Window