Print Page | Close Window

Hi All! I have question...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=61690
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 2:42pm

Topic: Hi All! I have question...
Posted By: JB521
Subject: Hi All! I have question...
Date Posted: July 04 2008 at 3:35pm
It's been long time since I've stopped by...  I think the last time I posted I had just been attacked by a hair dresser that un-did my hair-growing mission (maybe 11-12 months ago..)

Anyway, I've done well in finding a long-hair supporter (stylist) that has only trimmed me in a minute way. My hair feels and looks great to me in terms of length (it's long to me as I can pull it back and clip it , but not long compared to you all...I am almost to my shoulders and came from a razor cut). My hair is curly, loose and loopey spirals when I let it air-dry. I often wear my hair that way (air dryed) as I want my hair to be healthy and natural. Everyone at work freaks out when I straighten it as it's quite a bit longer that way, obviously.

Here is my question: I am getting a trim after 16 weeks. I have no split ends and want her to take 1/4 inch at the most.  She wants to color me and do highlights. I understand highlights damage your hair unbelievably! I do not want BLEACH or lightener if this is the case! IT DOES DAMAGE. CORRECT?

Julia

-------------
came from a super-short razor cut. CG since April 2008
3a-M-iii

Print Page | Close Window