Print Page | Close Window

dry/deal roots help, hair falls out

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Men's Hair & Fashion
Forum Name: Men's Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of the male species.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=61894
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 12:00pm

Topic: dry/deal roots help, hair falls out
Posted By: eneyman
Subject: dry/deal roots help, hair falls out
Date Posted: July 21 2008 at 6:44pm
Hey all, I am a guy, 21, white, and have been growing out my hair long, but it seems to fall out a bit also when I comb it, and the roots are completely dried out and dead and the hairs fall out/pull out easily. How do I solve this to grow longer and healthier hair?? Any help would be great. I take vitamins regularly and am healthy as a side note.

thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Sparrowhawk1161
Date Posted: September 18 2009 at 7:33am
A natural oil comes out of the follicle where the roots begin.  If the oil is stripped from to much shampooing or clorinated water it becomes dry.  Also, you just might have dry scalp.  Use a product for dry scalp or leave in conditioner that replaces this.  The best place to find it is to go to a "beauty" products store and ask for a pruduct for that very purpose.  As long as the oil is there, your hair will grow longer.

Secondly, It's natural to loose hair, since hair has natural cycle of growth, dormancy and fallout.  With longer hair you get an illusion of more hair being lost.  But the hair that falls out grows back.

You also might need Keratin.  This a protein that makes up the basis for hair and nail growth.  Guitar players who use their fingernails to pluck strings take Keratin to strengthen their nails so they won't break.  One of the side effects is obviously better and faster hair growth.

Print Page | Close Window