Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=61927
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 7:17pm

Topic: Explain To Me Ladies
Posted By: Shonita24
Subject: Explain To Me Ladies
Date Posted: July 23 2008 at 11:30am
How do some of you wear your units longer than one week?  My head gets the itchin like crazy and the adhesive begins to itch and whew wee, the boogers begin to show from the adhesive.  HOW DO YA'LL DO IT.....
Also, One more question....If you do wear you units longer than 2 weeks, does you natural hair begin to smell...Mine does after 1 week, but I know everybodies chemistry is different.

-------------
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"

Replies:
Posted By: LovelyLisa
Date Posted: July 23 2008 at 11:34am
I used to wear my unit for 2 weeks, but it does start to itch so I started taking off once a week.

Posted By: charmed
Date Posted: July 23 2008 at 1:21pm
girl I don't... I know a lot do but I really don't think it is a good thing to do.  not only can your scalp begin to itch, but you can get infections in your scalp (I developed boils and itching was only the begining!).  Since I have returned to taking off my unit every 3 days or so and washing my hair and conditioning it. 

-------------
Obama change in 08

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: July 23 2008 at 4:41pm
I can't do it either, i just took one off and about to change in teh middle of the week.. my scalp was screaming..

Posted By: Breh
Date Posted: July 25 2008 at 11:32pm
I can only go a week and then it is time to reapply. My app looks great for about a week, after that it is time to wash my hair and let me head breath for at least a day or so.

-------------
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

www.brehshouseoflacewigs.com
email:info@brehshouseoflacewigs.

Posted By: keedielove
Date Posted: July 26 2008 at 4:51pm
i only keep mine on for about a week. that glue gets to itching so i take it off and wash and condition my hair.. i wait a bit to let the area the glue was adhered to breathe and i reapply the wig

Posted By: Bella8933
Date Posted: July 30 2008 at 10:59am
5 days is max for me too!

Posted By: DIMPLES
Date Posted: August 13 2008 at 2:21pm
i wear mine for 2weeks not a problem i wash my  hair every to weeks so not a problem ,   plus the more you wash your natural hair your actually strip it of  i ts natural oils  , i only use virgin  olive oil in my hair , and on my lance front less build up on the hair which cause the itch  , i dont really have a problem with boggers when apply my lance i use spirt gum , in the front and cream adhesive in the back  not a problem

-------------
GET BUSY LIVING OR START DIEING

Print Page | Close Window