Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62168
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 12:10pm

Topic: Blond highlights for a Swimmer?
Posted By: what_project
Subject: Blond highlights for a Swimmer?
Date Posted: August 15 2008 at 2:45pm
So.... I want to go back to my natural color (medium ash blonde) and have some highlights added. But will it survive the swim training routine?

Is there any method or product that can produce blond highlights that won't turn green in chlorinated water? And, what will green up - what to avoid?

PS. I use chlorine removal shampoo, but I color my hair darker now so there's no blond in it. So I don't know if it will help.

Replies:
Posted By: borne.blonde
Date Posted: August 15 2008 at 5:42pm
Water filter for home & chlorine in water
Good conditioning after all acidic type products even if use tomato or apple cider vinegar as chelating.
Water hair in shower before enter pool / apply conditioner.

Best thing to do is wear a cap to protect hair. I can't see me wishing to wear a cap however so Idk what I will do about that yet.  Buildup occurs on all hair just it is easier to see on blonde.

Nexxus Aloe Rid
Joico K-Pac Chelating
Nexxus Aloe Rid
Kenra Clarifying (chelating formula and clarifier in one)
L'anza Swim & Sun Daily Chelating Shampoo
Mizani Phormula 7 Neutralizing and Chelating Shampoo

(This is just a collection of shampoos & advice. Idk of a color that resists chlorine or copper / minerals on the hair.)

~ If you feel someone is trolling or leading all questions & answers to an "informed" website asking for money for their own product~ kindly warn others and the administrator.~

Absolutely NO Blatant Advertising Will Be Tolerated. This forum is not provided as free advertising space for others to use to promote their products, services, websites or related agendas.  HairTalk is also not designed to help other websites build their own visitor traffic. All unauthorized advertising posts or posts that attempt to use HairTalk inappropriately will be immediately removed. 

• NO Spamming. Commercial posts or flooding the forum with useless content will be immediately removed.

Posted By: beachgooloo
Date Posted: August 15 2008 at 11:35pm
My girls use IOn clarifying treatment to get green out & swimmers shampoo & conditioner & leave in conditioner....

Date Posted: August 16 2008 at 1:07pm
Water can also get under the caps...

Pre- Pool  care... Kerastase Soleil Huile Genereuse spray can help

After-Pool care...California Baby Swimmer's Defense Shampoo

Clarify for residues & styling & Chelate for mineralsThumbs%20Up

Ty for the Ion Treatment tip...

Posted By: what_project
Date Posted: August 19 2008 at 1:13pm
Thank you guys! I'll get fancy highlights then!!!! So excited... now, how to get there...  :)

Date Posted: August 19 2008 at 9:37pm
http://www.malibuwellness.com/content/Cn_Product_Detail.aspx?Product_Catalog_Number=19613 - http://www.malibuwellness.com/content/Cn_Product_Detail.aspx?Product_Catalog_Number=19613  

Here is the direct link to Malibu Swimmers' Wellness System Kit

Embarrassed

Posted By: fakeizme
Date Posted: August 20 2008 at 11:28am
As usual, I completely agree with Borne.blonde! Right on the money with all her advice. You absolutely MUST cover your hair with conditioner before you get in that pool or say hello to discolored highlights! You may also find baking soda useful for clarifying. Good luck with your highlights.Smile

-------------
Love clip-ins and tape!

Print Page | Close Window