Print Page | Close Window

FHI Runway or Platform (or Technique)??

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hot Iron Comments & Feedback
Forum Description: Straightening Irons You Love & Hate
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62327
Printed Date: May 04 2024 at 11:39am

Topic: FHI Runway or Platform (or Technique)??
Posted By: PinkPop
Subject: FHI Runway or Platform (or Technique)??
Date Posted: August 29 2008 at 5:58pm
After doing some research, I have finally decided to go with FHI. However, although I have pretty much ruled out the Technique series, I cannot decide between the Platform or the Runway.

Anyone knows if the Runway lives up to the hype? Is there really a difference in the end results with the Runway compared to the cheaper Platform series??

Replies:
Posted By: alyssa libson
Date Posted: September 17 2008 at 3:59pm
I was looking at FHI straighteners but they are different in the UK i think? they dont seem to be called platform and runway? The ones i was going to buy are just called http://www.saloneasy.com/straighteners/fhi.htm - fhi straighteners but it doesnt say which one? can you tell me if it is any good? thanks x.

Posted By: 616x
Date Posted: September 24 2008 at 10:05pm
From what I gathered, the Runway is the one you want if you want a more durable flat iron that will last you a longer time than the Platform.  Both will give you good results, but the Runway will give you slightly better results (from what I heard).  The FHI website states that the Runway heats up to 33% faster -- 5 seconds or less -- as well.  It has more ceramic layers, so it's got a better build quality.  And it's Made in Korea  (can't confirm this 100% yet), which is better than being Made in China like some other flat irons, like the CHI.  That maybe part of the reason why it's more expensive.

What I don't get is that no one has done an extensive review of the FHI Heat Runway Flat Iron, despite all the quiet hype it gets from elite hair stylists.  I know it's expensive, but you'd think someone out there who had the money to buy one would want to show it off and write a good review on it.  Or at least a beauty magazine.

I have a Runway on order and it should get to me next week.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to test it for a few more weeks as my hair is still not quite long enough for me to use it.

Print Page | Close Window