Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62404
Printed Date: June 15 2024 at 5:57pm

Topic: Ann Curry
Posted By: fatmoogas
Subject: Ann Curry
Date Posted: September 08 2008 at 4:21pm
I thought her hair looked great in these two photos: full in terms of volume and well-adapted to her needs.

Replies:
Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: September 09 2008 at 12:29am
Agree looks great.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: September 09 2008 at 6:20am
I disagree, and the second picture shows why. It's not a bad cut, and in the first pic frames her face nicely and adds fullness.

But see in the second where it's behind her ears, with one piece kinda hanging out awkwardly around her left ear? To me, that's the instant the style gets ruined, as it gets in her way and has to be tamed with the ear tuck, which throws of the balance, pulls the top volume flat, and just like that seems bland. And since it usually only survives for a few seconds before the ear tuck, that blandness represents how it looks most of the time.

I've been a bit bummed since her major chop a couple of years ago that she hasn't tried an alternate style from this, especially when so many good ones are floating around right now, and many of those wouldn't require the perpetual style-ruining ear tuck.

Just one curlyfan's opinion....

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Date Posted: September 10 2008 at 12:03am
Heck I miss the long hair.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: September 18 2008 at 3:09am
More good pictures of a style that really suits her.

Date Posted: October 17 2008 at 12:09am
Anyone who has seen Ann Curry over the last couple of weeks, will have seen the bob growing out somewhat.

Now it looks like she's gone one step further and--at least temporarily--abandoned the bob.

Possibly in the shorter term the bob looked better, but this could be leading somewhere interesting.

Posted By: think_tom
Date Posted: October 19 2008 at 9:02am
I think longer works better for her, it's more mature looking and she's a bit older so I think it's more appropriate. I womanly rather than almost trying to be cute with the short hair, I think...

-------------
think_tom http://www.neolighthair.com - neolight hair

Date Posted: November 03 2008 at 9:03pm
Is this still a bob?

Date Posted: November 04 2008 at 12:43am
I like it longer also. Thank you Fat for that pic.

-------------

Posted By: shortvslong
Date Posted: November 04 2008 at 6:11am

I agree, longer hair suits her nicely

Posted By: shortvslong
Date Posted: November 05 2008 at 6:08am
she looked very nice last night and dressing in black suits her nicely

Date Posted: December 03 2008 at 9:34pm
Not a bob anymore?

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: December 04 2008 at 5:16am
I hate hair put behind the ears, unless it is a short, short cut.  Tends to look sort of like a mullet.

Date Posted: December 04 2008 at 7:01am
From bob to blah...

-------------

Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: December 05 2008 at 11:50am
I don't like tha longer hair on her

-------------

Date Posted: December 05 2008 at 10:22pm
Better here?

Date Posted: December 06 2008 at 11:43pm
Is she on the grow? Or just waiting to get it cut again?

-------------

Date Posted: December 07 2008 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Is she on the grow? Or just waiting to get it cut again?

Who knows?

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:57pm
It cracks me up when Ann has well-styled hair first thing in the morning and has a mess on her head by the end of the show, if not sooner. I didn't see today's show live, but it could have happened today. It happens a lot.

And in case any of you want to be reminded how glorious Ann looks with long hair, check this out:

http://public.fotki.com/NatsFan/news_babes/ann_curry/ac0/ndvd_078.html - http://public.fotki.com/NatsFan/news_babes/ann_curry/ac0/ndvd_078.html

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Posted By: sureshamb
Date Posted: December 09 2008 at 5:46am
 Perhaps, hair style is best suited to her physical beauty.

-------------
s.kumar

Date Posted: December 09 2008 at 3:24pm
Looks like she's wearing a sack in those pics!

Date Posted: December 09 2008 at 3:36pm
Kramer, seriously man, welcome back, this board is certainly more lively with your comments in it!

Now watch as I agree and disagree with you. I strongly agree with your "before and after" pix of Ann's hair - beautiful out of the gate, a mess by the end, and as I've posted previously, that's exactly my problem with this style. If it collapses a few minutes into the show, does it matter how good it looked in the opening seconds?

I disagree with your nostalgic flashback to her long style, though. To me, that's exactly the same style as in your second "bad" pic - just as flat, just as shapeless, just as unflattering.... just longer.

So my remedy would be the opposite as yours - cut it short again, into a cute, layered style with bangs that doesn't get constantly get pulled flat under its own weight, that doesn't overwhelm her face, that doesn't require the tedious, ever-present ear-tucking move. How 'bout it, Ann?

-------------

Date Posted: January 22 2009 at 6:14pm
I thought Ann's hair was looking good in these recent caps.

Date Posted: January 30 2009 at 5:42am

Date Posted: February 03 2009 at 7:12am
Not a bob nor a pob.

Date Posted: February 03 2009 at 7:35am
I think I'd call it a "blob." Whatever the small shape and volume variations at the bottom, that flat center part on top to me always has an "oops, is this a workday? Oh, well, just forget it" lack of flair that drags the whole thing down.

Again, I'd suggest she go shorter and layered. Hopefully the lighter weight would perk up the top a bit, creating a better all-around shape. Maybe the layers would also prevent the inevitable ear-tuck. Maybe bangs would help set off those gorgeous eyes.

And maybe I'll sprout wings and fly to Mars...

-------------

Date Posted: February 13 2009 at 1:40am
Today:

Date Posted: February 14 2009 at 11:55pm
Looks like she is going longer? Maybe wants to do another LOL give away?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window