Print Page | Close Window

BlowDrying on Cool

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6306
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 2:36am

Topic: BlowDrying on Cool
Posted By: Brandi
Subject: BlowDrying on Cool
Date Posted: March 31 2003 at 1:28am
I never used a Hair Dryer in my life. My hair is waist length and healthy. I heard that it can be very damaging to hair, but I noticed there is a cool setting. I've been using this for about a week. I don't know if the cool setting is also damaging, but I'd like to find out. Any info would be helpful. :)

Replies:
Posted By: Elissa
Date Posted: April 02 2003 at 7:00pm
I hope someone responds to this, I've been wondering about the effects of blow-drying on cool also.

Posted By: SnowWhite
Date Posted: April 03 2003 at 1:56pm
I have not found that it has hurt my hair any; however, I don't blow dry it every day. Maybe only once or twice a week and wear it up most of the rest of the time.

-------------
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: April 03 2003 at 2:14pm
Heat is the primary cause of hair damage when drying your hair; hence, drying on a cool setting is less of a hazard. However, any roughing up of the cuticle, especially when hair is wet, can fray hair and cause breakage. That's why brushing hair when wet and using tension with a brush and dryer to straighten can be hard on hair, especially when used in conjunction with heated hair.

However, blow drying even on a warm setting occasionally won't kill your hair unless it's extremely fragile to begin with or overly processed. When you first begin drying the water is simply evaporating off your hair--it's aiming a hot dryer onto bone dry hair that can really cause damage. It's also a good idea to hold the nozzle several inches from your hair.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Print Page | Close Window