Forum Description: Talk About Braids
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=63062
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:42am

Topic: Help!! -- Weave ??
Posted By: DharmaType
Subject: Help!! -- Weave ??
Date Posted: November 16 2008 at 5:57am
Hi there ---

I'm really needing some advise....Can others tell me what type of 'maintenance' they're on with their sew-in schedule?

My story:  I'm caucasian; every 4 weeks i go in to have my dark roots bleached up; my colorist does not feel comfortable bleaching my roots if the extensions are in, (honestly, i wish she would--it would save me time and money if she could bleach around them, but i do appreciate her caution, tho) -- so immediately preceeding the color she'll take them out/ undo my braids, then she immediately bleaches me.  (which truly is always so gross b/c that hair up in the braids i've noticed is sooooo greasy--  and unfortunately my color has become extremely uneven...perhaps it's buildup of oils??). 
But anyway... then the next day i go to my hair extension lady who sews them back in. 

Is this the kind of routine others do???

Problem:   I'm worried b/c the other night my extension lady ripped me a bit b/c in her opinion (and i do value her exptertise b/c she's been doing weaves a long time)  my hair pretty soon isnt going to be able to support the extensions b/c my scalp is so full of sores....  she thinks the sores are because of the bleach irritating my scalp.. (and this is true-- i've always gotten sores from the bleach) --  and the fact that i immediately go from having them removed, to getting my roots bleached, to the next day getting the extensions put back in.   She says my scalp needs to breathe for a few days before the extensions are put back in.

I get that point of view, but i hate being w/out them.. (if even for a few days-- i'm an ADICT now!!  sad but true  Embarrassed)  But, i am worried that i'll ultimately lose my hair.

I guess my question is this:   Does anyone have any advise?? 

I've been having a sew-in now for the past few years and i really believe it's a double edge sword:  great when theyre in / but the longer theyre in, my real stuff is getting thinner and thinner 

I appreciate any advise!!! 

Print Page | Close Window