Print Page | Close Window

Silk top LF help

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Lace Front Wigs
Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=63124
Printed Date: May 15 2021 at 6:15pm


Topic: Silk top LF help
Posted By: yunvme2
Subject: Silk top LF help
Date Posted: November 22 2008 at 10:51pm
Hello ladies I am buying yet another unit can yall help me figure out how far back to have silk placed on unit is 1/4 of an inch enough and any suggestions on how large I should get the silk I have worn units for over a year but never had one of these I plan on getting it from Rex. Also I have decided to get the light color and dye silk myself



Replies:
Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: November 25 2008 at 5:26pm
yes that's exactly what i plan to do if and when i get another one..


Posted By: yunvme2
Date Posted: November 25 2008 at 6:41pm
have you ever worn the silk top units


Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: November 25 2008 at 6:54pm
yes i like it other than the one i ordered the silk came down too far to the edge of the hairline.. it won't lay flat.. so 1/4 inch behind the hairline, not the baby hairs the hair line would have been much better.. then i did a dye trick to make it match my skin.. i have a transparent color, and brought some tan and taupe color rits dye.. turned the cap inside out and mix the colors in a small bowl and dipped it for a few SECONDS, and it changed like that and matched perfectly..
 
 


Posted By: yunvme2
Date Posted: November 25 2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

yes i like it other than the one i ordered the silk came down too far to the edge of the hairline.. it won't lay flat.. so 1/4 inch behind the hairline, not the baby hairs the hair line would have been much better.. then i did a dye trick to make it match my skin.. i have a transparent color, and brought some tan and taupe color rits dye.. turned the cap inside out and mix the colors in a small bowl and dipped it for a few SECONDS, and it changed like that and matched perfectly..
 

 


I am just over bleaching knots and cutting pantyhose and what not I am just looking for a simple method that takes less time out of the whole process. I l have never worn a silk top but I am looking forward to it


Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: November 25 2008 at 7:11pm
well if you bleached them good sometimes that's just as good as the silk top for me..


Posted By: yunvme2
Date Posted: November 25 2008 at 7:18pm
really I just got a 24 in curly from rex it is da bomb but I can never seem to get these 1b knots to really lift well ... I am going to to do the superblond trick last time I did powder bleach with 40v did not really do much I am nervous that I will over process so I think I am not leaving it on long enough. But I am about give it one more try to see if I can knock it out and I am gonna use 3m 77 and pantyhose for the scalp effect which is fairly easy to do. So I will post some pics


Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: November 25 2008 at 7:27pm
don't waste your time, they color the darker processed colors with clothing dye.. it won't lift, you'll have to try the rit's dye remover but its a dip not a soak, its in and out, with hot water, the cap turned inside out.. and then if you see the color dripping off into the bowl its removing it.. then try again to bleach them and make sure that then you leave it on long enough check out the newbie thread.. i buy only virgin so i don't have to go thru hell to bleach the knots and curly perm if that's what i want..


Posted By: Lilypod
Date Posted: November 26 2008 at 8:13am
Hi Sexi
 
I would love to try the silk top but I have alopecia (baldie here!)and I wonder if it won't look like a piece of fabric on top of my head Tongue.
Can you show us some pics of how the hairline and part look. I am a student (so not too much disposable income) and when I order hair it has to be perfect because I will be basically stuck with it for the next 6 months.
Since I'm too scared to bleach knots would you recommand to silktop fora baldie?


Posted By: yunvme2
Date Posted: November 26 2008 at 10:31am
ok Sexi here is what my specs are can you suggest anything else i might want to tell rex.
Measurements: 22" cir, 14", 12", 12.5", 15.5, 5
Hair density: Light to Medium around perimeter increasing to heavy in top to nape area
Hair Texture: Mongolian Remy virgin hair
Length: 24 inch
Color: natural
Cap construction: Lace front with 5.5" X 5.5" Silk top base and brown stretch lace ear to ear and in back with adjustable straps and combs in back please see attached pics.
Lace Color: Light brown
Silk Top Color: Transparent to be placed 1/4 inch behind the hairline, not the baby hairs the hair line
Baby hair around entire perimeter

I was not sure how large to get the area of the silk top I wanted it to be how the picture shows it. Do you think 5X5 is ok?



I want the back to look like this.



Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: November 28 2008 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Lilypod Lilypod wrote:

Hi Sexi
 
I would love to try the silk top but I have alopecia (baldie here!)and I wonder if it won't look like a piece of fabric on top of my head Tongue.
Can you show us some pics of how the hairline and part look. I am a student (so not too much disposable income) and when I order hair it has to be perfect because I will be basically stuck with it for the next 6 months.
Since I'm too scared to bleach knots would you recommand to silktop fora baldie?
 
If your bald you don't need anything, people with NO hair make the best applications b/c your own scalp shows thru the lace.. A lot of women who are known for the best applications its b/c they are balded.. other women that see that, just think they have great application skills and don't realize that its the fact that they have no hair underneath that makes their applications look flawless.. they just think its great application skills when its not really the case.. not saying they can't have applied good, it just that it takes more skills to hide a head full of hair underneath than it does when you don't have any.. to me those that do have a lot of hair, are more challenged in applying than those that don't.. as long as you bleach those knots its totally flawless..


Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: November 28 2008 at 6:49am
Originally posted by yunvme2 yunvme2 wrote:

ok Sexi here is what my specs are can you suggest anything else i might want to tell rex.
Measurements: 22" cir, 14", 12", 12.5", 15.5, 5
Hair density: Light to Medium around perimeter increasing to heavy in top to nape area
Hair Texture: Mongolian Remy virgin hair
Length: 24 inch
Color: natural
Cap construction: Lace front with 5.5" X 5.5" Silk top base and brown stretch lace ear to ear and in back with adjustable straps and combs in back please see attached pics.
Lace Color: Light brown
Silk Top Color: Transparent to be placed 1/4 inch behind the hairline, not the baby hairs the hair line
Baby hair around entire perimeter

I was not sure how large to get the area of the silk top I wanted it to be how the picture shows it. Do you think 5X5 is ok?



I want the back to look like this.

 
I think mine's was 4x4 and that's sounds great but another thing i would say is only one or two layers of the silk, sometimes they use 3 layer's and it becomes a little to bulky for my taste I removed one layer with mine's and i believe it was only two layers..



Print Page | Close Window