Print Page | Close Window

Humidity

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6320
Printed Date: June 18 2024 at 12:53pm

Topic: Humidity
Posted By: jen8541
Subject: Humidity
Date Posted: April 07 2003 at 2:58pm
I have somewhat wavy hair and just straighten it to take out the kinks but when there's a lot of humidity it gets really frizzy and wavy and looks awful. What should I do?

Replies:
Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: April 07 2003 at 3:49pm
Hairspray contains polymers that tend to repel humidity, so you might want to experiment with some. I have similar problems with my hair and I love Tresemme's European Slick Gel for locking out humidity. Seriously, nothing else kept my hair straight, smooth and frizz-less. Unfortunately I can't find it ANYWHERE now and I tend to think they're discontinued it. Which is always my luck!

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: wittils
Date Posted: April 08 2003 at 1:29am
I hate to sound like a broken record... but...

Unfrizz by L'Oreal. It's a creme that you smooth into your hair when it's wet and then style. There are other "unfrizz" products in the Nature's Therapy line, but this is the only one I have used.

And I have never used it in high humidity yet. I got it to try it out just in case I go to Milwaukee this summer. It works well so far as far as taming and smoothing the hair. I have used it on my dry hair also to help define it. My hair is fine and it doesn't weigh it down at all, but adds a soft shine.

Guess I could steam up the shower and see if my hair frizzes!!

-------------
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: April 08 2003 at 8:47am
I think there are just some places where nothing will work. South Florida and Houston, TX for example. I have the opposite problem though. I have very fine, straight hair and humidity just makes it greasy looking and stuck to my head. I think I would definitely prefer frizz.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Date Posted: April 08 2003 at 9:59am
I would prefer "greasy, stuck-to-my-head" hair, Demodoll! :-) Wanna trade?

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: amc
Date Posted: April 09 2003 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Hairspray contains polymers that tend to repel humidity, so you might want to experiment with some. I have similar problems with my hair and I love Tresemme's European Slick Gel for locking out humidity. Seriously, nothing else kept my hair straight, smooth and frizz-less. Unfortunately I can't find it ANYWHERE now and I tend to think they're discontinued it. Which is always my luck!

I just bought it at the grocery store (Giant) yesterday.

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2003 at 7:06am
Ah man, I wish I had one of those stores in Michigan! Have you used the gel before, and how do you like it? I swear there's nothing like it!

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2003 at 9:59am
Michigan isn't THAT far from Pennsylvania- how desperate are you?
This is the first time I've tried it and so far I like it. I have pretty fine hair, so I have to be careful I don't put too much stuff on it. The Tresemme gel doesn't weigh it down, doesn't make it all sticky and stiff, which I hate, and seems to help the frizzies, too.

-------------

Posted By: rrobey
Date Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:17am
AMC,

Where in Pennsylvania are you?? I'm in WV so if there were a store close enough I'd drive there to get the Tressame gel. I've only found it one time where I live and haven't found it since. I loved the gel and would love to stock up. I live in northern WV, not too far from Morgantown.

Thanks for the help.
Becky

-------------

Posted By: rrobey
Date Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Hey Lyris, I found it on-line. The only site I could find you can buy it is here....

http://www.westburypharmacy.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=WP&screen=PROD&product_code=489435 - http://www.westburypharmacy.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=WP&screen=PROD&product_code=489435

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:45am
Thanks Becky!

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2003 at 4:27pm
Becky-
I'm in south-central PA - Chambersburg. I don't think Morgantown is too far away. I saw in your last post you found the gel online, but if you can't get it for some reason, let me know and I'll give you directions.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window