Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=63467
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 7:24pm

Topic: nervous about going shorter
Posted By: redevilwine
Subject: nervous about going shorter
Date Posted: January 02 2009 at 8:59pm
I want to go shorter but everytime I get close to doing it, I freak out. Has anyone been in a similar position? If so, I would love to talk to you about how you got over it. It's a big step for me and I'm driving myself crazy.

Replies:
Posted By: strawberiblonde
Date Posted: January 03 2009 at 11:42am
How long is your hair now?  Sometimes the best way to go about it is to go short gradually over a few months time.  

Posted By: bnbivi00
Date Posted: January 03 2009 at 1:30pm
If you want some suggestions, please post pictures.  Would love to give you advice.

-------------
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: January 03 2009 at 8:58pm
Don't worry about how much hair is being cut off; focus on how good the hair that's left looks.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: ragdollragdoll
Date Posted: January 04 2009 at 5:17pm

I was in the same boat as you.  For  ten years I was always wanted to cut it short. I had never have the courage to do. Finally one day, I surprise myself and did it. I had hair down to my butt. After taking the advice from this forum , I started cutting it gradually to I got to that point that I did it.  my hair now is 1 inch above the shoulders. It takes less time to dry it then it did when I had longer hair.

Posted By: redevilwine
Date Posted: January 04 2009 at 9:06pm
My hair right now is all one length below BSL. I have a style in mind that is shoulder length with bangs and layered in the front to frame my face.
I thought about going shorter gradually but dismissed the thought. After being on this forum, It sounds like the way to go. My friend has offered to cut it shorter so I may let her do it, that way I'm in my own house where I'm comfortable.
Thanks for the replies everyone

Print Page | Close Window