Print Page | Close Window

How much time do you spend

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6369
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 2:28pm

Topic: How much time do you spend
Posted By: MEME
Subject: How much time do you spend
Date Posted: May 10 2003 at 11:54am
Just curious as to how much time you spend on a normal day doing your hair makeup and anything else you do on a regular basis to get going for the day. If the husband and kids would let me I could spend hours fixing my hair and makeup but they keep me on a tight schedule, I usually have about 5 minutes for makeup and about 15 minutes for my hair.

Replies:
Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: May 10 2003 at 1:04pm
Make-up = nil time (don't use any normally)

Hair = 3 minutes (comb and tie/bun)

The minimalist approach for me.

Uzi

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Isla Q.
Date Posted: May 10 2003 at 1:20pm
On make-up I spend about 1 or 2 minutes (clear lipgloss, concealer for stupid dark circles under eyes and when I'm feeling particularly festive I'll wear some mascara).

Hair takes about 2 or 3 minutes. I usually wear it long and loose. Just brush and go, really. Occasionally I'll wear it in a bun. That doesn't take much time either.

-------------

Posted By: cait
Date Posted: May 11 2003 at 11:35am
I definitely agree with MEME on the time issue - when I can find the time to style my hair and put on mascara, eyeshadow, foundation etc., then I do. If not, I've learned to live with the basics - a quick brush through and a bit of concealer where needed.

I suppose it all boils down to what time I crawl out of bed;)

~ Cait x

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: May 11 2003 at 6:28pm
I don't wear any makeup, but it takes me about a minute to put on moisturizer (with sunscreen) and some lip moisturizer. Another minute or two to comb my hair, and I'm out the door!

-------------

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: May 11 2003 at 7:55pm
I shower and wash my hair first. Then spend probably 15 minutes total on both hair and makeup. I comb out and air dry my hair while applying eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara (all the makeup I wear), then blow hair dry and possibly put in a few velcro rollers if I have time. That is it for the day. I used to spend a lot more time on both when I worked in an office every day and lived in a friendlier climate. Now, nothing I do will stay anyway so minimal is best.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: ParadigmX
Date Posted: May 11 2003 at 9:31pm
1:00 - 1:30 on my hair. =)

-------------

Posted By: Rachel A
Date Posted: May 11 2003 at 10:16pm
I spend about 15 minutes on makeup and about 25 minutes on my hair. It depends on how curly I want it that morning.

-------------
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

Posted By: claribuzz
Date Posted: May 13 2003 at 9:26am
5 seconds with little hair
10 seconds with slighly longer hair
5 minutes with curly hair
3 minutes with straight hair
30 minutes to spike, mess, or mould it.

-------------
ARGHH

Print Page | Close Window