Print Page | Close Window

Ingredients Help......

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6378
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 8:53am

Topic: Ingredients Help......
Posted By: rrobey
Subject: Ingredients Help......
Date Posted: May 15 2003 at 7:16am
Ok, I just bought the got2b roughed up spray wax and so far it's working WONDERFULLY! I really like this stuff, but want to see if anyone knows whether or not the ingredients are ok or whether they'll start wreaking havoc on my hair over time.

Here's the list...
Isobutane, Cyclomethicone, Beeswax, Isododecane, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Polyisobutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Microcrystalline wax, BHT. Fragrance

Just to let you know, I clarify once every week or so, so I'm not too concerned about having cones build up on my hair. Specifically I was concerned about Isobutane being the first item listed. Any ideas what that is or what it's for? My *guess* (and I do mean guess) is that it's something to do with pressurizing the can (???).

Thanks for your help.
Becky

Replies:
Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: May 15 2003 at 9:30am
Bingo--it's a colorless gas that is also flammable (you'll find it in lighters as well.) As long as the can doesn't get hot, it probably has little risk of danger. Also, safety data sheets online indicate you should use this only in a well-ventilated area, since isobutane is a respiratory irritant.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: Elissa
Date Posted: May 15 2003 at 12:14pm
rrobey, which clarifying shampoo do you use?

-------------
[/url]
http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: rrobey
Date Posted: May 15 2003 at 3:18pm
Right now I just use Suave clairfying, but I don't really like it. My hair usually feels dry afterwards, even if I use a deep conditioner.

I read on a board (not sure if it was this one or one of the others I visit) that after you clarify to shampoo again with your regular shampoo, so I tried that this morning and my hair felt much much better.

If anyone knows of a good clarifying shampoo that doesn't dry out your hair, please let me know. The Suave has the dreaded SLS in it, but I only use it once a week or so.

Becky

-------------

Posted By: Moonshadow
Date Posted: June 05 2003 at 3:31pm
Becky-
I really like Neutrogena anti-residue. It doesn't smell that great, but it works and doesn't dry my hair out.

Print Page | Close Window