Print Page | Close Window

Is there anything to make my hair "a bit dirty" so it's easier to curl?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6427
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 5:14pm

Topic: Is there anything to make my hair "a bit dirty" so it's easier to curl?
Posted By: CarrieM
Subject: Is there anything to make my hair "a bit dirty" so it's easier to curl?
Date Posted: June 18 2003 at 3:18pm
After I wash my very fine and wavy/curly hair in the morning, it does not respond well to my attempt to curl it with my curling iron. I do straighten it with my blowdryer and straightening iron before curling the ends. Then, if I style it again later in the day, it is much more responsive and holds curl much better. My guess is that it is drier soon after I wash and blow-dry it, and that as the day goes on, my hair gets more moisturized by the oils in my scalp and therefore is easier to style. I've tried washing my hair at night, but my hair is very finely textured and gets really flat after I sleep on it, which doesn't look good either. Is there anything I can put on my hair in the morning, after I dry it, to make it, well, a little dirty so it curls better? I use the Biolage thermal spray, which works sometimes, but not always.

Thank you for any advice!

Replies:
Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: June 18 2003 at 9:35pm
Redken Traction is designed for that very purpose.

Nolita line was created to keep the hair in a dirty messed up state.

I hope this helps.

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Posted By: cj_14
Date Posted: June 19 2003 at 2:28pm
There are hundreds of prodcts available to help with styling.....keeep experimenting....everyones's hair seems different and different products provide different results.....

-------------

Posted By: wheeler
Date Posted: July 10 2003 at 11:49pm
Have you tried not washing your hair everyday? If you just use conditioner and only shampoo about 3 - 4 times a week hair usually has more a textured feel because the oils have built up a bit. I know that sounds kinda gross but I have curly hair too and I've found that as long as I just use conditioner part of the time, my hair still smells good and is easier to work with. I don't know if not shampooing will cause your hair to become flat. Just a thought.

-------------
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 11 2003 at 2:51pm
I agree. There's no need to use shampoo, actually, on curly or wavy hair. It's brutal. After reading the book "Curly Girl," I started shampooing my hair just once a month. It behaves much better because I'm not destroying it any longer. I wash it with conditioner and/or conditioner mixed w/ brown sugar. I love my hair now! Try it and see what happens.

Posted By: Kaycee
Date Posted: July 12 2003 at 8:46am
Out of interest, what does the brown sugar do?!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window