Print Page | Close Window

Help with Summer/Beach Hairdo's

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6441
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 6:04pm

Topic: Help with Summer/Beach Hairdo's
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Help with Summer/Beach Hairdo's
Date Posted: June 30 2003 at 8:05pm
Hey everyone I go to the beach about everyday and I have really curly/crimpy hair that i straighten everyday. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any really easy hairdo's that i could do at the beach

Replies:
Posted By: tycho12
Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 7:46pm
Not sure how long your hair is, but mine is betweeen short and medium, and wavy. One style I have tried on hot humid days is this: Towel dry hair, then add a good holding gel. Section the front into 3 sections: center of bangs, and a 1-2 inch wide section on either side. Comb each section up, then twist and pin down with a bobby pin. The effect is almost like a cornrow, but with a bit of height. I let the back flip up and do what it wants. This keeps it off my face all day, and looks decent too.

HTH

-------------

Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 9:29pm
tycho, is this your son? He is just beautiful!!!

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Posted By: SuperGrover
Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 12:52am
And he's climbing on a Nittany Lion, isn't he? You must be from Penn State! But that's OK.

I wish I was at the beach everyday.
I would just put my hair up in a bun. I like to keep my hair above my shoulders because I don't want to get sweat and sunscreen in it from having it touch my back. I also don't want to get salt water in it when I go for a swim!

Alternately, you could do a French Twist, but that's a little more difficult to do than a bun.

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 5:35pm
Thank you so much

Posted By: tycho12
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 7:08pm
Yes, that's my son. Thanks for the compliment! Yes, that is the Nittany Lion. I'm a Penn State Alum and that pic was taken on a visit back there last summer.
Cheers!
Beth

-------------

Print Page | Close Window