Print Page | Close Window

Kimbearly's Hair Journal

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Journals & Polls & Related
Forum Name: Hair Journals
Forum Description: Create & Share your own hair journal.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64591
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:31am

Topic: Kimbearly's Hair Journal
Posted By: Kimbearly
Subject: Kimbearly's Hair Journal
Date Posted: June 19 2009 at 3:46pm
Well, I have been on this board for years, so I guess I should start creating a hair journal.    My hair is finally getting longer, but it has been a journey.  My hair was cut to shoulder length back in 2002, but I can't find any pics from the.  I want my hair to grow long and healthy.  How long?  Let's see where it goesSmile!

Fall 2004 (flash)

2007 - (no flash) - my hair is darker without it

August 2008

June 2009

I also had the front of my hair highlighted and I really like it.  That was done a 2 weeks ago.

I am really happy with the growth and very excited to see how long it will grow!!!

Replies:
Posted By: Pburgh56
Date Posted: June 19 2009 at 9:22pm
Hi Kimbearly. I am sooo glad you decided to make a hair journal. Your hair is gorgeous :) I love love love love your locks and it has grown sooo much. I cant believe how long its gotten and I love the curls and the highlights. I cant wait to see how much more your hair will keep growing. YOu should take some pics in different styles like ponytails, buns, and braids and that. Itd be cute :) what do u think?

Posted By: paper
Date Posted: June 20 2009 at 6:55am
Nice progress pictures. You have gorgeous hair in all of them! I'm glad you started a journal too, I look forward to watching your progress.

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: June 20 2009 at 11:24pm
Wow Thank you for the time line.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: June 22 2009 at 6:44am
PBurgh - hate ponytails - only wear them when I wash my face and go for a jog, bun - a pretty messy one, is what I wear when I go to bed and I am not a braid kind of girl.  I like to wear my hair all natural and down and flowing.  It took me so long to grow it gosh darn it - I am going to show it off!!!

Date Posted: June 22 2009 at 6:46am
Paper and Mike - Thanks!!!!  You two have been with me on this hair journey so long I feel like I know you cheer  It is great to have a hair cheer team!!!!

Date Posted: June 22 2009 at 6:48am
I really, really, really hate predisone.  I have to take it for my asthma since it got bad after bronchitis.  I am shedding hair and really hate it.  I have about 5 more days on this horrible stuff.  Great for the lungs - horrible for the hair.  My poor hair feels sickCry

Date Posted: June 22 2009 at 7:17am
Awww Kimbearly good for you. I never thought of it that way but def just let it flow and show it off. Your hair is beautiful and you should def show it off for people to see. I have to agree tho a ponytail or messy bun is the way to go when doing athletics or sleeping. That is probably how I will do mine. I hope your hair gets better too :( THat predisone must be bad :(

Posted By: smilinjenn71
Date Posted: June 22 2009 at 6:11pm
YAY PICS!!

Thank you for posting your growth.  You have beautiful hair - I love the wurlies!  It will be interesting to see where your journey ends....

Date Posted: June 23 2009 at 10:13pm
Did I tell you how much I hate predisone?  It is horrible.  My poor hair feels limp and in shock.  My body is having the shakes as I slowly come off this stuff and my hunger is through the roof!  Did I tell you about my attitude?  Well, don't mess with me.  Think of the most horrible PMS in the world.  I already warned my children and husband when I went on it - and they have been wonderful.  Actually they have been doing everything I tell them the first time - hmmmmmm, I might have to lie and tell them I am on this longer than I really will be.  hehehe  

On another note.  I have been trying out the Hair One Cleansing Conditioner from Sally's.  I have been using the Color Treated Formula.  I really like the shine it gives my hair, treats the frizz very well and smells great.  The only problem is that my head feels itchy.  Now, I am not sure if this is the predisone doing this or the new stuff.  I usually only wash with VO5 extra body conditioner.  The VO5 does not give the shine and the frizz control that the Sally's brand does.  I also have the normal hair formula of this stuff from Sally's and I will try that for a few days to see if it makes a difference.  The Color Treated Formula has Jojoba oil in it.  When I tried this oil before just by itself it made my head itchy - so thinking it is probably it and maybe not the predisone. 

I also love this mousse and have been using it for about 20 years.  I buy it by the case since it is hard to find.  I have enough to last me probably another 5 years - LOL!

Date Posted: June 23 2009 at 11:38pm
Ill have to try that mousse it sounds awesome :)

Date Posted: June 24 2009 at 2:58pm
Thanks Jenn :O)  I am interested to see how long it will grow also.  This is the longest I have ever had it.

Date Posted: June 24 2009 at 3:07pm
Well, I tried the Cucumber Hair One formula from Sally's. This is said to be for "normal" hair.  My find is that is cleaned more thoroughly than the color treated formula with Jojoba oil.  I also found my scalp to not be itchy and get this - I had practically no fall out this morning!  Maybe I am allergic to jojoba oil after all? My hair did seem to be a bit bigger today, and maybe a bit dryer.  I love what the jojoba oil did to my hair - more shine, less frizz - but the fallout and the itches are going to make me stay away from it. 

My next to try on the list of the Hair One Products will be the dry hair formula.  It cleanses with Olive Oil.  I have used olive oil in the past and my hair really likes it.  I guess I will stop at Sally's tomorrow and use my 20% off coupon.  I am also going to see if I can return the Jojoba one, since it did not do very well with my hair. 

Date Posted: June 24 2009 at 10:58pm
Wow I will have to try all these different products to see what suits me. Im sorry aobut the fall out :( If it wasnt for that jojoba sounds great with the more shine and everything . Def let me know how the hair one  products work. Good luck returning jojoba and good luck at sallys. any other products that you prefer? Keep up the great growth :)

Date Posted: June 25 2009 at 9:46am
I found a "back shot" picture from 2007.  I posted it in my first post with all of the other pictures.  

Date Posted: June 26 2009 at 6:55am
Thats great I will have to check it out. Do you use any special hair styling items like any special kind of hairties or clips anything. I was just wondering what was best. :)

Date Posted: July 06 2009 at 8:47am

Date Posted: July 07 2009 at 9:39am
Happy Birthday :)

Date Posted: September 17 2009 at 9:00pm
Thanks guys.  I have been away all summer with no computer.  So kind of you to think of me :O)

Date Posted: September 18 2009 at 8:26am
your welcome :) hows the growth coming?

Date Posted: October 24 2009 at 1:42pm
Got a haircut today - a much needed one.  I tried putting it off and putting it off, but my dry ends were not getting any better and they felt like a dry paintbrush.  So, I had 6 inches taken off some of the layers (outer layers, where the sun hits - darn sun really does do damage in the summer, but I hate wearing hats) and 2 inches off of the ends.  I have to say my hair feels so much better and no more tangles.  I want to have long hair really fast - but not nasty long hair.  My hair looks really red in the picture, it's because of the flash. 

Going to the health food store to buy some nettle tea.  I heard on Dr. Ozz - a TV show, that is is great for hair health and to grow it faster.  Hmmm - heard it taste good, so let's see!

Date Posted: October 24 2009 at 3:31pm

Date Posted: October 24 2009 at 3:35pm

Date Posted: October 24 2009 at 8:01pm
October 2009                                        June 2009

Well, now that I look at the two pictures side by side, to me my hair looked longer in June.  I think all of the swimming and water parks I went to this summer dried out my ends.  At least it looks healthy and that is what counts the most. 

Date Posted: October 24 2009 at 8:09pm
Wanted to share a cute picture of my very cute puppy.  She is a Bichon Frise.  Love her to pieces Heart

Date Posted: October 24 2009 at 10:21pm
Your hair is very pretty!  And I just love your puppy...what a cutie!  We want a Bichon in a couple of years.  Kinda busy right now to have a doggie.  Also, you are very pretty. (hope you don't mind me saying so)

Date Posted: October 24 2009 at 10:23pm
Sorry I missed your Birthday but what a cute message PAPER left for you!!!!
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Date Posted: October 24 2009 at 10:36pm
 All compliments are gladly accepted over hereTongue

Date Posted: October 28 2009 at 9:19am
Hey Kimbearly! Your hair does look a little shorter.  But, look at all those layers gone! It looks healthy and fuller too. Oh, and your dog is soooo cute!

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: November 06 2009 at 2:50pm
     Your long hair was "nasty"? (lol) If only more women would grow such "nasty" (ahem) looking hair! Embarrassed Bob

Date Posted: November 10 2009 at 10:15am
Thanks Bob, I take your compliments very highly!

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: November 11 2009 at 6:39pm
Your hair looks great after your recent trim, well done! Clap  And, uh, cute puppy too. 

Date Posted: November 11 2009 at 9:43pm
Dave, thank you too!  You are another highly respected member.  I feel very privileged for the compliment.

Date Posted: November 14 2009 at 11:43pm
Hack, Hack, Hack.  I am on the darn prednisone again for asthma and it makes my hair fall out!  Darn, Darn Darn!!! Thanks goodness I only have a couple more days of it.  My son is also on it and he said, "Mommy, I am shedding!"  Thank goodness I was blessed with thick hair (him too). 

On another topic I am back to the Aubry Honeysuckle rose conditioner.  I just seem to always go back to it, so I really should never stop using it.  I always like to experiment with other products, but nothing ever helps my hair feel really nice as this stuff does.  So it's washing with the VO5 extra body and put Aubrey on the ends for a few minutes.

Date Posted: December 06 2009 at 6:46pm
I had to share this hilarious video we took today.  It is me trying to take a Christmas Picture for our card.  Keep your eye on our dog. 
Happy Holiday's Everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhtfsqWMZao - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhtfsqWMZao

Date Posted: December 07 2009 at 5:40pm
lol That was too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Date Posted: December 05 2011 at 6:25pm
It has been a looooooooong time. I have not thought much about my hair lately and amazingly not doing that has made it grow faster for some reason. I get trims around every 4 months, and my ends are free of splits. I still love the VO5 extra body products. I use the shampoo once a week and the conditioner all the rest of the days as my "No-Poo." I use Aubrey honeysuckle conditioner on my ends, then wash that out. I use Kiehls cream with silk groom on my ends each day and leave in, Aubrey gel and Aubrey hair spray. Below are the new pics!

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: December 27 2011 at 11:08pm
Beautiful. So glad you're letting your hair grow. Thanks for sharing!

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Posted By: malelonglocks
Date Posted: February 05 2012 at 11:44pm
Hi Kimbearly. I hope you do not mind feedback but your hair is absolutely stunning. It is awesome to see a woman that takes care of her hair so much and works so hard to let her hair get so long and beautiful. Do you think you will keep letting it get even longer? I am in the process of letting my hair grow out very long hopefully to waist length and if mine can get nearly as good as urs I will definately be happy. What does your family think of your hair and do any of your kids share your love for it?

-------------
Going to awesome lengths

Date Posted: February 13 2012 at 8:52am
Hi Malelonglocks - thank you so much. I am going to let it grow. I really do not have a stopping point and I do not know how much longer it can grow. This has been the longest it has ever been in my whole life. I really do not think of the length that much anymore. I mostly notice how long it is when I take pictures of the back of my head. My family knows I am hair obsessed - that is obsessed with healthy, shiny hair. My kids could not care the least and I have to remind them to take a shower themselves. To tell you the truth, I really do not think about my hair that much anymore. I really like it long and I finally got there. I thought more about my hair when it was not long and I wanted it long. Now it is just fun to see how much longer it will go. Good luck with growing your hair!

Date Posted: February 15 2012 at 12:03am
Hi Kimbearly thank you for the response. It is great to see what you are enjoying your long hair. It must be exciting to not really be able to tell just how long it is and then seeing it on the pictures and thikning wow my hair really is that long. It looks fantastic tho and you should definately be proud of it :) I am pretty much hair obsessed too like I really would like my hair to be as shiny and full as possible to look the best it can. I was going to get your opinion but I am thinking about letting my hair grow out the whole way to waist length and I figured I would see what you thought?

-------------
Going to awesome lengths

Date Posted: February 21 2012 at 12:30am
Hi, do it for yourself! It really does not matter what I think. If you like it then go for it.   

Date Posted: March 09 2012 at 3:24pm
THank you soo much I really do appreciate it. Do you have any tips for getting mine like as long as urs is?

-------------
Going to awesome lengths

Date Posted: May 11 2012 at 9:34pm
Tips - let's see...

- Don't mess around with it such as coloring, perms, bleach, etc.
 - if you need to color do roots only
 - get trims if you start to see splits.  I probably get a trim 4 times a year
 - I let my hair air dry
 - I use Aubrey hair products
  - I wash my hair with shampoo two times a week.  I use VO5 extra body conditioner every day as my CO wash.  Even after I shampoo.
 - good vitamin supplements - I use the system from Pinnaclife.  A doctor  friend of mine recommended it
  - I wear my hair up when sleeping
- Growing hair takes patience and care.  Mine started growing when I stopped abusing it. 

Print Page | Close Window