Print Page | Close Window

Stopping chin length hair flicking out?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64665
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 5:00am

Topic: Stopping chin length hair flicking out?
Posted By: calamity
Subject: Stopping chin length hair flicking out?
Date Posted: July 03 2009 at 4:32am
Hi everyone. :-)

I recently got my hair cut to just below my chin, and now it has a terrible habit of flicking out quite dramatically at the bottom when I leave it out.

I'm not overly adept with a hairdryer or straightener, and while I can minimize it using them I can't seem to fix it completely.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Either about how to use my hairdryer/straightener to get what I want, or about any other products or methods (it would be nice if I din't have to fry my hair with a straightener every time I wanted to wear it out :-P).

Replies:
Posted By: Claude
Date Posted: July 06 2009 at 6:57am
It most likely has to do with your head position when the stylist was cutting the perimeter of the haircut. To get the hair to naturally curl under your head position when cutting the back should be you looking down into your lap. Then when cutting the sides of the haircut your head should be tilted the opposite way of the side that is being cut. That head position will cause the hair to curl under. If your head was straight and you were looking directly into the mirror your hair would have slight graduation to it causing it to flip out when it is dry. It could just be that you had an inexperienced stylist who cut your hair.

Print Page | Close Window