Print Page | Close Window

Hair Pix

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64742
Printed Date: June 25 2024 at 6:44pm

Topic: Hair Pix
Posted By: Kitty Kat
Subject: Hair Pix
Date Posted: July 15 2009 at 6:45pm
Hi all! I've been lurking here for years posting occasionally. We finally got a digital camera. We've always been slow keeping up with technology but eventually we get there! I wanted to post a picture of my hair. The color looks a little funky due to the lighting. (Okay, we GOT the camera. We're still learning how to use it!) But you get the idea. I'm 47 and whenever I got that feeling that I was too old to have long hair, I'd get on this forum. I don't plan on growing it much longer, maybe just a few inches. I hope this comes out okay. I'll practice and do better next time!

Replies:
Posted By: Pburgh56
Date Posted: July 15 2009 at 8:06pm

Awwwww im sooo glad u posted pictures. Your hair is amazing :) I cant wait to see it much longer. U should post new pics with styles too.

Date Posted: July 17 2009 at 5:54pm
Thanks Pburgh56! You need to get some pictures on here too. They will be nice for you to have as a reference as your hair gets longer. This forum seemed much more active when I started getting on here a few years ago. Kinda bummed about that. Where did everyone go? Unhappy

Date Posted: July 17 2009 at 7:38pm
I dont know but Im happy with the advice i have gotten so far. I will def try to post more pictures. Do u have any more pics?

Posted By: paper
Date Posted: July 17 2009 at 7:47pm
Hi Kitty Kat! Wow you have great hair, so thick and wavy! It's nice to see other women my age letting their hair grow. Did you always have long hair?

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 10:22am
Thanks Paper! I had short hair when I was little and again in my early twenties. After too many bad haircuts I said the heck with this and just let it grow out. I still occasionally feel funny having long hair at my age. But all these fashion and hair "rules" are really just someone's opinion. What makes us feel compelled to follow them? And, when watching makeovers, I almost always think they looked better before. Yeah, they might look nice with the makeover but they look ordinary. They don't stand out in a crowd. How long is your hair Paper?

Pburgh56 - Do you have pictures posted already?

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 11:45am
I agree, I hate those makeover shows. Sure they look ok, but how are they going to keep it up. Especially with color. They always chop it off and color it!

I had long hair most of my life and cut if off when I turned 40. It never felt right, I always missed my long hair. I've been growing my hair for almost 2 years now. It's great to meet people like you on these forums that have long hair after 40, it's very inspiring! My hair is APL, my goal is BSL. I should be there this time next year. Then I'll maintain there while trimming off dye.

Here's my latest length shot....

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 12:31pm

Very pretty Paper. Your hair is so shiny, silky and healthy looking! My goal is also BSL. Any longer than that, for me, gets a little hard to handle and too heavy when I put it up.

I think the same thing about the makeovers. Looks nice today, what's it going to look like next week? I know when mine was short it required a lot of styling, drying, curling iron, etc. I don't have to do any of that with it long. I just grew out my bangs five years ago (still getting used to it). I always used a curling iron on them to give them a little body. Now I don't even have to do that.

Just curious, when you did get it cut, did you get any comments about how pretty your hair was when it was long? I know that happened to me when I got it cut short in my 20's. I don't know how many people told me how pretty my hair WAS...it's like, why didn't you tell me that then????

Nice to know we have support here.

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 3:29pm
Awwwww i always try to comment girls on their long hair especially if its really nice that way they can try to keep it long. Kitty Kat i may have some pictures up look for my post under hair journals and there may be a beginning pic. Let me know?

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 5:31pm
Pburgh56 - I didn't see any pics. Just the one that you want your hair to look like.

Paper - I was reading your hair journal too. Just wondering how you like those Flexi 8's?? I've never been able to find anything to hold a french twist. It looks like a large one of those might work.

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 6:20pm
Thanks Kitty Kat! Thats cool we have the same goal. I agree long hair is easier to take care of. When it's short you have to style it, and keep it trimmed every 6 weeks.  I still have my bangs and blow dry those. If I wear my hair down I usually wear a headband. When my hair was long, everyone told me to cut it! When I cut it, everyone says, what did you do that for? Now, I'm growing it for me, and I don't care what anyone thinks. I tell them I'm going to have long white hair to my butt LOL. They tell me it will be cool and I should go for it!

Oh, I love my flexis! There so easy to use and pretty. It can be tricky to find the right size. You do have alot of hair so you will probably need a Med or Large. There customer service is awesome, you can always exchange them if they aren't the right size. I sold all my forks (except my charcoal) and sticks, I never quite got the hang of them. I love flexis and ficcares! What are you favorite styles and hair toys?

Pburgh, Thats great you tell women their long hair is pretty. Keep it up!

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 7:18pm
Hey Paper! When I wear my hair down, I usually wear a headband too. I had a stylist tell me once that my hair grows forward. So I have to either stick it behind my ears or wear a headband. Otherwise, it falls in my face.

That doesn't surprise me at all that people wanted you to cut your hair when it was long and then asked why when you finally did. I'm glad you're doing what makes you happy. That's one thing I like about getting older. You don't care so much what people think anymore.

I usually wear my hair different every day. My favorites are half up, french braids, and I put it up in a jaw clip and let it hang down over the clip. I'm so excited because I JUST learned how to do a ponytail that doesn't hurt. I put half up in a small scrunchy then gather the rest and put a scrunchy over everything. It doesn't pull when I do it that way. I tend to get headaches when it's pulling.

I have so many hair toys and I don't use most of them. Clips, sticks, jaw clips, elastics. I also have a horn comb (the same kind you have) and a few seamless combs. I'm a bit obssessive!! Not that I need more toys but I think I might at least try one of those Flexis. They really do look like they would work well.

I usually put jojoba oil on it when I wear it up. I see you use coconut oil too. I'd like to try that. How do you apply it? Does it work well for you? And where do you think I might be able to find some? I get the jojoba oil at GNC.

By the way, I love your color. It looks kind of similar to mine only shinier. Mine isn't really light on top and dark on the bottom like the picture! It's just the lighting.

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 10:30pm
Thanks paper :) I def will keep complimenting women on their gorgeous locks. Some smile and love it, but others dont :( They look like im weird but its okay the majority like it.
Kitty Kat i love hearing about ur hair, I will def try pics soon. Any advice on how i should style it for work?

Date Posted: July 19 2009 at 9:33am
Pburgh, some people are uncomfortable with compliments. Don't know why. Maybe it makes them embarrassed? I'll take as many as people want to give me!!

Do you have any limitations or restrictions for work? Can you do a simple pony yet? Or half up? Maybe try those for now. I really like the Flexis that Paper mentioned. They're pretty "girlie" BUT they have some great videos on different hairstyles. Check it out. Just Google Flexi 8. Last night I did the one where you make a bun and pull it down. Worked like a charm.

I love the summertime when I can wear sundresses or tank tops and feel the my hair on my back. Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: July 19 2009 at 12:19pm
Hey Kitty Kat! I love half ups too. I've been practicing french braiding (almost there). Most days, I wear my hair in peacook twist with plastic claw, flexi or ficcare. I don't like buns much, I like to have a some hair hanging down. Now that my hair is down my back, I love that feeling too!

I stopped using Coconut Oil. It was making my hair limp and greasy. I bought it at Walmart. Now, I use Jojoba Oil, rarely to smooth down frizzys.

Thats cool you have the same comb that I do. I never would of thought a comb would make so much difference! I love my horn comb. You will have to show me your flexi when you get it. They are addicting!

Thanks for the compliment on my hair color! I was wondering about your 2 tone. I was going to ask you if you were growing out color like me. LOL

Date Posted: July 19 2009 at 2:14pm

Hey there Kitty Kat, I def cant wait till I can feel my hair on my back like u can and even tho they are girly i really do want to try the flexis and everything :) I will def keep mkaing thecompliments as well. FOr my work the hair is not supposed to be past collar length but I am growing it anyhow I feel if i keep it tied back it should be good :) RIght now it is like collar length so i cant do even a half tail with it yet :( I honestly cannon wait for a ponytail tho :) I am sooo anxious to have one. I really was thinking of doing the slicked back ponytail or messy or tight bun for work? What do u think or any other ideas? Thanks

Date Posted: July 19 2009 at 5:50pm

Paper - Yeah, my hair is pretty dark like the bottom of the picture. We need to go outside and get a better one.

I've never heard the term "peacook twist" but I know what you mean and that's a favorite of mine too. I usually use a plastic claw for that. I told Pburgh years ago (before computers!) I went to the library and got a book on hairstyles, came home, sat cross legged on the couch and just started doing them. I've done french braids for years. I used to be able to do an inverted french braid (is that what it's called?) where the braid stands out. Pretty cool. I haven't done it in a long time though and never got as comfortable with that as a french braid.

Sounds like I'll stick with the jojoba oil! LOL! I really like it but I have to use it sparingly.

We were at a family party all day. I haven't had a chance to look at the Flexis again but I'm going to order them sometime this week.

So, what is your hair routine? What kind of products are your favorite?

Date Posted: July 19 2009 at 5:53pm
Pburgh - Those styles sound great. If they give you any problems at work maybe you can do a ponytail stuck into your shirt once it gets longer? How do you wear your hair now? What does it look like, color, texture, etc.?

Date Posted: July 19 2009 at 6:38pm
oops, I spelled peacook twist wrong. I love braids and would love to learn them. A rope braid is so pretty. I would love to see some pictures of your hair taken outside and maybe a picture of an inverted french braid, that sounds cool.

My rountine is very simple. I wash my hair with Conditioner only twice a week. I love the Suave coconut one. I like to try different Suave or V05 conditioners, there so cheap. I blow dry my bangs and let the rest air dry. What about you? Your hair looks pretty curly, how do you care for it?

Oh, another thing, I use my Jojoba Oil as a moisturizer. I put it on my face at night and very little in the morning, if needed, under make-up.

ETA: lol, I thought I spelled peac-o-c-k twist wrong, but the site keeps "correcting" it for me, or something.

Date Posted: July 19 2009 at 8:13pm
Thanks for all the input :) I didnt ever think of the long ponytail stuck into my shirt. I think that would work. Right now being that my hair is shaggy i usually just make sure it is cleaned and brushed and wear it down. SOmetimes ill sport a thin headband to push backmy bangs some. I have very pretty hair for a guy almost like girls hair. Its very thick, soft and shinny and its straight but can have a little bit of wave to it :) Its black as well :) what do u think?
Do u know any professionals like doctors or anything to have long hair?

Date Posted: July 19 2009 at 8:22pm
OMG! Are we long lost sisters or what? Suave coconut is MY favorite. I used Biolage for years but it's so expensive. About six months ago I decided to go back to some regular store conditioners. I really like Suave and Pantene. I've never tried V05.

How long have you been doing the conditioner only? Did it take awhile for your hair to adjust? Unfortunately, I've been using medicated shampoos (Selsun Blue, Head & Shoulders) for years because I have seborrheic dermititis. It controls it well though.

My routine, I wash it every other night, put it in a ponytail and go to bed. I know that sounds gross going to bed with wet hair but I've been doing it for 25 years. It sure beats getting up earlier in the morning and having to wash and dry this mess!! In the morning, it's still slightly damp. I spray on leave-in conditioner and scrunch a tiny bit of jojoba oil on it and that's it. The second day, I usually put more oil in and put it up somehow.

Using jojoba oil on your face is a great idea. I know they say it's the closest thing to our natural oils. I rub the leftover into my hands after scrunching.

The peac-o-c-k thing was too funny! First of all, I didn't notice it was spelled wrong. So when I read your message, I looked again and then I noticed I spelled it wrong too!!!! What the heck??? We really must be sisters! We both spelled it wrong. And then I read your last sentence. LOL!!

Date Posted: July 20 2009 at 6:25am
LOL, that is too funny about the peac-o-c-k twist thing. We both thought we spelled it wrong!

I tryed CO about a year ago. I got in the shower, put it on my head like shampoo. My hair felt dirty and looked greasy, I only lasted about 1 week, then I went back to shampoo. I was using Giovanni Smooth As Silk, Shampoo & Conditioner. That was working great until I started growing out my dye. My virgin hair always looked greasy, so I was washing more, and drying out my old dye. I decided to try CO again. This time, I put the Conditioner on my dry hair and leave it on for about an hr. Then, I got in the shower and wet my hair and washed it, then rinse with cool water. Thats it, no 2nd conditioner. I had great results the 1st time, and I've been doing it every since. About 3 months now.

I can see how washing your hair at night would be easier. I will probably do that when my hair gets longer. I like to wear my hair down on wash day and then after sleeping on it, it doesn't look as good, so I usually wear it up the next day too. I'd love to learn some new styles but my hair just isn't long enough. I want to be able to do the lazy wrap bun.

Do you think you might want to go longer when you reach BSL? I think about going to my waist. I'd hate it though if I couldn't do some of the cute styles I do now. Oh, you did say your hair is too heavy when it gets longer. Whats the longest your hair has ever been?

Date Posted: July 20 2009 at 8:19am
Paper and Kitty Kat u both should go to ur waists. You both have beautiful hair and it would look amazing :)

Date Posted: July 20 2009 at 5:35pm
I don't know about growing mine to my waist guys!! It does get heavy and like you said Paper, you may not be able to do some of the styles you like when it gets that long.

Do you know what I don't like about it getting longer? My brothers married sisters when I was about 12. A lot of the girls in their family have terribly thin (almost bald) hair and I watched my sister-in-laws lose most of their hair over the years. So now, even though I do have a lot of hair, I'm very conscious of every hair I lose. Supposedly, the average person loses 100 hairs a day. If you lose 10 12" hairs it looks like twice as much, of course, as 10 6" hairs. It just starts to freak me out. Can you imagine the people that have hair below their butts? They must be able to knit a sweater from leftover hair in the drain after a shower!

I've never had super long hair. Probably just a few inches past BSL. How long has your hair been Paper? Have you ever had long hair Pburgh?

Date Posted: July 20 2009 at 6:19pm
Unfortunately I have never had long hair before just shaggy. I am sooo glad i made the commitment to grow it out now. I cant wait for it to get long and I told myself i will have long hair forever. I will never have my hair shorter than shoulder length again :) whats the longest urs has been?

Date Posted: July 20 2009 at 6:38pm
Pburgh, the longest my hair has been is just a few inches past BSL. I meant to tell you in your previous post, your hair sounds nice. I've always been partial to dark hair although my hubby has blond hair. Smile He has beautiful curls too.

Are you having any frustrations growing it out? I've grown mine out a few times and it always seemed like it was hardest when it was around shoulder length.

Date Posted: July 21 2009 at 7:56am
Hey Kitty Kat & Pburgh

When I was little my Mom made me wear a pixie, which I hated! When she finally let me grow my hair, I quickly had waist to hip length hair. As an adult I had probably APL-BSL hair.

I might change my goal to waist. I have a high waist and it's only a few inches longer then BSL, so I will probably go for it!

Pburgh, it must be exciting having long hair for the first time! You really should get some pictures up. It's so much fun to have to compare to. Especially when you feel that you aren't getting anywheres!

Date Posted: July 21 2009 at 9:30am

Well Kitty Kat thanks sooo much for the compliments I think I have beautiful hair and itll even be better as it gets longer :) BSL is a great goal and im glad u like dark hair :) With his curls, does your husband have long hair? Itd look sooo cool :)I really have frustrations now just in the fact that my hair is just shaggy and I see all these people with great long hair and i want it sooo bad and its like why cant i just have it long now and have a ponytail. So its hard just waiting. When i get closer to shoulders Ill be able tto tell u how the frustrations are there lol.

Paper it is really realy exciting to have long hair for the first time. I will def get pics up soon as soon as I get my camera to work lol. I love to shake my head and feel my hair flop around or even just run my fingers through it. amazing :)

Date Posted: July 21 2009 at 3:52pm
Alright Paper, now I KNOW we're sisters separated at birth!! I wore a pixie most of my childhood. On top of that, Mom would always trim me and my sister's bangs and we have pictures where they're so short!!

I ordered my Flexis this morning before work!! I got a medium and large. I'll let you know when they come. I'm excited to get them. I've never found anything large enough to hold my hair up.They look like they really might work!

P-Burgh growing your hair out is like losing weight. It's so frustrating for the person who's actually doing it because you look at yourself every day. It just seems agonizingly slow!! But you'll get there. It really helped me to measure it and I learned that tip on this forum. Then you could actually SEE progress. And like Paper said, get some pictures.

I cut my hubby's hair and we usually keep it pretty short. It's so curly it just kind of grows out instead of down! LOL! They're really nice curls. And I think I already mentioned his eyelashes curl naturally too.

Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 12:03am
Thanks for all the advice Kitty Kat. I appreciate it. U are soo right it does get frustrating but this forum def does help. I dont know what id do without all of u :( I will get some pictures soon and start measuring for sure :) Thats cute ur hubby has curly eyelashed. Did he ever desire to grow his hair out or did u ever want him to ? lol

Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 6:11am
LOL, we must be long lost sisters!!! Big%20smile  One time, the hairdresser didn't even want to cut my hair I was crying so hard. But, my Mom made her. I can remember too having bangs sooo short, I would sit in front of the mirror and cry. I can remember my Aunt felt so bad she would tell me they look fine and don't worry they will grow LOL. She showed me how I could hold them down with tape while they dryed, that worked pretty good!

My DH has curly hair that grows out instead of down too! He keeps it real short too. When we were dating he did have kind of long hair, about shoulder length. But didn't all the guys wear their hair kinda long in the 70's?

Thats cool you ordered your first flexi's. I can't wait to see them! They ship real fast too. I bet you can use the med for ponytail and the lg for french twist. You might need an XL to hold a bun. I just got my shipping notication on my first Ficcare headband. I can't wait to get it!

Posted By: Lickalime
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 10:56am
I hate to interrupt the conversation here but I have a question.

when between washings, how do you deal with oily roots?  I'm trying to cut down on my washing and oily roots are bugging me.  I've been wanting to wear headbands and scarves, but they don't always look right on me.  some days my super long shaped face just doesn't cooperate

as I mentioned in another thread I am hoping to let my hair grow and grow.  I graduate from college next spring and I'm hoping to have my hair past my waist.  I think my goal is going to be to my hips.  not sure if it's going to get there or not, but one can hope

-------------
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"

Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 4:29pm
Hi Lickalime! You're not interrupting! Join the party. I know when I had bangs, they would always get oily first. I would rub some baby powder on them. What about dry shampoo? I've never tried that but I always wondered if it worked.

Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 4:30pm
Paper, HA!!! I used to use the pink hair tape when I was little, not only to hold down my bangs but to hold down any other unruly pieces that dried sticking out!!!

My DH had longer hair before I knew him. He said he used to mash it down with a brush until he saw Mac Davis and realized curly hair was cool!

Is Ficcare a brand? Okay, and what exactly does DH mean? Dear Husband?

Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 4:31pm
Pburgh, Hubby had longer hair once a few years ago. He really doesn't like it though. It gets in his eyes and annoys him. If mine looked like his I'd probably have short hair too. He doesn't have to do anything but shower and it always looks nice. No drying, no gel, no nothing. Talk about low maintenance!

Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 6:27pm
Hahahah Kitty Kat id def say that it is low maintenance. Have u done any cool styles lately?
Lickalime thats sooo awesome ur leting ur hair grow sooo long. Hip length would be amazing. HOw long is ur hair now? what made u want to grow it out and how do u like to style it?

Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 7:20pm
thanks for the invite KittyKat

Pburgh *sigh*  my hair now is just about to my elbows.  I always had short (above the shoulders) hair.  I decided to grow my hair out when I was 19.  my hair was past my elbows, when I was 23 I decided to cut it all off *grrrr* into just about a chin length bob.  I have been on the grow since (I'm 34 now)

during my time on the grow I did lots of coloring and heat styling and semi-regular "trims"  I have since stopped with heat styling (no dryers - curling irons or flat irons)  I used to break that rule for weddings, but not anymore, I can look nice with straight air dried hair instead of ruining my hair with heat.
I wonder if I'm going to be able to reach my goal length.  I'm worried I've reached my terminal length.  I guess I'll find out.  in the meantime I'll avoid shampooing and stay away from heat

-------------
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"

Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 11:03pm
HI Lickalime. It was nice getting to know u. wouldu want to be a hairgrowth partner of mine and compare growth? its always nice to do that :) It sounds like beautiful hair, buti cant believeu cut off all that hair when u were younger. I def think ull be able to reach ur goal length it sounds amazing :) Has it grown at all lately? I wish mine was even elbowlength. Even tho im a guy I have always wanted long hair. Therefore I have finally decided to grow my long locks. My goal is super long to lower back. What do u thik of that and any styling ideas?

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 5:31am
Pburgh...no cool styles lately. I'm waiting for my Flexis that Paper told me about. Hopefully, I can come up with some new styles then!!

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 5:33am
Lickalime, wow hair to your elbows is pretty cool. I'm concerned about letting mine get too long because I might not be able to do as much with it. It's pretty thick and heavy. I'll just see how it goes...

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 7:01am
Hey Lickalime! You could always try washing your hair with conditioner only between shampoo washes. I was going to recommend too, like Kitty Kat said, baby powder. I've seen pictures of your hair, it's very pretty! Is elbow length the same as waist for you? It is for me. It's only a few inches longer then my BSL, thats why I changed my goal from BSL to waist.

Hey Kitty Kat, haha thats funny you used tape too, to hold your hair down. We didn't have much to work with back then. No blow dryer, conditioner, gel, etc. At least I didn't have any of that stuff. Just shampoo.

Yes, DH is Dear Husband.

http://www.ficcare.com - www.ficcare.com They have beautiful but expensive stuff. I have 3 clips now and 1 headband coming. I'm saving my money for their fall sale.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 7:12am

Paper Im sooo glad ur going waist length now. Your hair will be sooo pretty and long and I cant wait to see it. I may have to try the baby powder too.

Kitty Kat I love the flexi ideas. u should def post pics when they arrive. I know what u mean when u say letting it get too long because its soo heavy. Mine is very thick too and I think ill run into the same thing. However, Im still letting mine get lower back length.

Lickalime ur hair sounds sooo beautiful and long. I really hope u can reach ur goal of hip length. what made u grow ur hair that long and what styles do u like to use?

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 5:13pm
Paper - That Ficcare stuff is verrry pretty. I got an email last night that my Flexis shipped. Have you ever heard of bungee elastics? They supposedly don't pull or damage your hair when it's in a pony tail. I googled them. They look okay. Not expensive at all. Just wonder if they work.

You are so right. We didn't have anything for our hair either. I let it grow a little when I was in junior high school. I've already mentioned how thick it is, right? I would wash it (no conditioner) upside down in the kitchen sink (we only had a bath tub). Then I would stand over the floor register with my head upside down to dry it!!! I don't know how in the world I ever managed to comb out the rats after all that and no conditioner to boot!! LOL!

What do you guys do about trims? I've cut my own hair for years.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 5:42pm
I personally have mixed feelings about trims. I mean it takes off some valuable length to my hair but it does make it look nice and keeping it trimmed and healthy does help to keep it growing better. HOw often do u get trims?

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 7:05pm
Yeah, I've heard of bungee elastics. I'll have to check them out.

Thats so funny hearing your stories, there so much like mine!

About trims. I've been growing my hair for 2 yrs. The 1st yr I trimmed regulary at the hairdresser, about every 3 months.  The 2nd yr. I tryed to go the whole yr. without trimming. I lasted 8 months. My ends were thin and ugly. Sooo, I'm thinking now, I should do regular trims. Maybe half an inch every 6 months. DH trims my hair now too.

I've been practicing french braiding. I actually did it good enough to wear today. Here is a picture. Notice too, I'm wearing a mini flexi on the end.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 9:56pm
Wow paper I love ur french braid :) Great job

Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 5:35am
Paper that looks great!! It's so much fun to do different hairstyles. Every once in awhile when I think I'm bored with my hair I think how much more boring it would be to have it short and only be able to do one style.

It's muggy here this morning and I'm taking this afternoon off to go to a craft show with friends so I'm going to do a french braid so I'm not so hot. While I said I love feeling the hair on my back in the summer time, when it's really hot and humid, I have to wear it up.

Pburgh, I cut my own hair and for the past year or so, I really only take off any jagged, uneven edges. I'm not sure why, but I don't get split ends. I've never found one. I've used wide toothed combs for years and have always been pretty gentle. Guess it's paid off. But I do notice that when I go too long without trimming it doesn't comb out as easily.

Do you guys have layered hair or all one length? I like the look of layered hair but I've never liked mine that way nor have I been able to work with it. So, mine is all one length.

Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 7:27am
Kitty Kat I def think u should try layers at some point. My hair is layered now just because its growing out from a very short style and I absolutely love it :) When my hais is long like lower back im going to get very long layers with my longest layer to like mid back. It should be amazing :) what do u think?

Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 3:20pm
Sounds amazing to me Pburgh! Maybe I should let mine grow longer, get long layers like you plan to and if I hate it, I can get it cut to my shortest layer and it would still be long. That sounds like it might be a good plan...Thanks Pburgh!

I wonder why I'm no longer getting email notifications about postings? Any ideas? I still have it checked.

Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 5:09pm
Okay, I couldn't figure out how to get a picture on here so I started a new topic!! Smile

Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 6:57pm
THanks Kitty Kat, im glad u liked my suggestioin :) I def think itd be worth it to try. Let it grow really long with long layers and if u dont like it go to the shortest layer then :) whats ur new topic? lol
I have no clue about the email

Date Posted: July 25 2009 at 4:48am
Thanks Pburgh!

Thanks Kitty Kat! I agree long hair is fun with all the different styles you can do! And, all the hair toys you can use.

I think you have a great way of keeping your ends trimmed. If you don't have splits and your hair is getting a little harder to comb, you might just have some build up and need to clarify.

I'm just coming out of a real short, really layerd hair cut. I doubt I will get any layers anytime soon! Smile You might look great with long layers though. It will really bring out your curls.

I never get the e-mail notifications either, I don't even both checking the boxes anymore. I don't know why. Maybe I need to check my settings.

Date Posted: July 25 2009 at 9:00am
Pburgh - the new topic is under or above this one..."French Braid Pix"

Date Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:07pm
well, I took pictures of my hair and when I try to post them I am told access denied.  guess I'm not allowed to post pictures.  sorry for the delay.  I'll keep working on it

Cry

-------------
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"

Date Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:17pm
Lickalime, I'm having a little trouble with some things on this site too. Keep trying! We'd love to see them!

Date Posted: July 27 2009 at 11:17pm
Yes lickalime i would love to see pics

Print Page | Close Window