Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64815
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 5:06pm

Topic: White hair won't stay white?
Posted By: kelseybaby
Subject: White hair won't stay white?
Date Posted: August 02 2009 at 12:25am
Hi! I have posted something like this once before but no one replied to it....so I'm posting it again with detail. I have been dying my hair since my younger years, and have had it all different colors. (blonde/black/red/brown,etc.) Earlier this year I dyed it dark brown, got sick of it (the only color that I believe works for me is light blonde...) and started bleaching/toning to get my desired color (platinum). I have NEVER bleached the bottom layer of my hair, until this time around. It has always been dark. Since bleaching the top of my hair is a good color, but the bottom (bleached twice and toned twice) is STILL not blonde. It is light a golden/slighty orange color. Will I ever be able to achieve platinum on my ends? They are VERY dry now, also, which isn't good considering I'm letting my hair grow out. Should I just redye my bottom layer brown-dark brown again? (SERIOUSLY don't want to...)
Also, the top layer of my hair will be white and pretty for about 2-3 weeks, then it becomes a more yellow looking blonde.
I use Wella bleach, and wella color charm white lady toner. Thanks in advance.

-------------
<333

Replies:
Posted By: beachgerl
Date Posted: August 05 2009 at 12:02am
Did you use a color remover to remove the dark bottom? It's a must for anyone who wants to remove previous color in hair in order to go blond. I think it's the best solution at this time without incurring further damage and will remove color as much as possible. Was the dark color a permanent or semi/demi?

-------------
http://www.fauxblondes.com - Faux Blondes International Beauty Ezine

Posted By: Jojoswr
Date Posted: August 05 2009 at 7:54am

Are you using a purple base shampoo like ShimmerLights or Shiny Sliver Ultra from Sally's? These will reduce the brassy look and help keep your hair white.

Print Page | Close Window