Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64866
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 7:55am

Topic: bad hair and clueless
Posted By: changemyhair
Subject: bad hair and clueless
Date Posted: August 18 2009 at 4:35pm
right, i know its probably odd for a guy to come on something like this but i really am desperate...

i know nothing about hair, i have the worse hair in the world, and i want to do something about it.

i have to have a grade 2 crew cut everytime i go to the barbers because i just dont know what to do with my hair! i grew it once in school/college and it turned into a mess of an afro.

its dry, frizzes, tight curls in parts, and really thick. its been compared to 'brillo pad' and carpet, which isnt a bad description.

for someone who is 22 years old, i still get teased about it, which cant be healthy hehe.

what can i do to achieve anything that isnt what i have? i would love to be able to 'tame' it and embrace the curls but that sounds harder than to have it straight-ish and be able to 'do things' with it.

i would be so grateful for any advice please. any products that might help me, whether i need to go to a stylist or something.. i really am clueless lol..

thanks for any help anyone can give.

Replies:
Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: August 20 2009 at 9:16am
Do you use any products in it?  Since your hair sounds very dry, you need moisture. You can try rubbing a lil olive oil in your hair when its wet to lock in moisture. 

Or you can try a lil Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.  To me its kind of thick, so I'd apply it when my hair a lil damp (not too runny/wet wet lol) and rub it throughout my hair.  If you use too much it may leave your hair looking white and kinda sticky.

HTH

-------------

Print Page | Close Window