Print Page | Close Window

Ally<3's Hair Journal

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Journals & Polls & Related
Forum Name: Hair Journals
Forum Description: Create & Share your own hair journal.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64897
Printed Date: March 19 2024 at 4:13am

Topic: Ally<3's Hair Journal
Posted By: Ally<3
Subject: Ally<3's Hair Journal
Date Posted: August 23 2009 at 4:32am
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this hair journal to track my progress and the record measurements. This is purely for my benefit to ramble and share my thoughts, but posts are very welcome.

I am a natural red head. Two years ago I was dying my hair a very dark brown with a box colour. When explaining that I wanted to go a bit lighter to my hairdresser, she told me the only option was bleach (not true, but anyways). At this point my hair was almost to my belly button, but not in good condition due to the box dye and almost daily flat ironing. The more bleach that was applied to my hair, the more needed cutting off. Sick of the hairdressers not doing what I wanted, I learned how to do my hair at home from an accomplished Vidal Sasson trained professional. Doing this finally brought my hair to platinum. All the box dye had been cut off and my hair was at my sholders. Constantly trying to grow my hair out, I had tried a lot of products, some of them worked, but I was having major breakage. Just when I felt purhaps my hair was getting back in shape I went for a haircut at a new salon that was recommended to me. The women cut layers only a few inches long and, wait for it.... flat ironed my hair while it was still damp, causing it to singe. This one lady ruined all my efforts in 5 minutes. If only she had taken the time to give me a proper blowdry. First and only time to that hairdressers, that sort of thing is just unacceptable. What ever happened to putting the intergity of the hair first?

So, still trying to grow it longer at this stage. I would touch up my roots every 4-6 weeks. Having to bleach them twice and then tone (using the very best professional products available -Redken's Levitation Oil Bleach and Wella's Demi perm line Color Touch) this really took it's toll on my hair. The reason being, I think, is that doing it all on my own with 2 mirrors and a brush, is extraordinaryly difficult and over lap of bleach would have occured dispite my very best efforts.

This brings my up to only a few weeks ago, having a chemical haircut and hair that doesn't look or move like it should, and despite loving (and constantly getting compliments on) the color, the condition was terrible. And what good is hair if it isn't healthy? I doesn't look good and it doesn't feel good, and it doesn't grow either! So I made the fantastic decision to go back to my natural color. I can't wait for all this mess to grow out to I can just have my natural dark auburn hair with nothing done to it. So it's dyed to pretty much my natural color but the condition is still very bad. I can feel how silky and smooth my new growth is and it makes me so excited! I got a lot cut off, but a lot more is going to have to come off too. Best thing is no regrowth!

So what I'm doing to help my hair grow and florish:
- Eat approx 50 grams on protein everyday
- Take a suppliment and has all essential vitiams and minerals
- Deep condition at least 2 times a week with lipid rich conditioner and use non-sls shampoo
- Protein treatment once a month
- Use a dry oil ans shea butter
- I use a shower filter
- Try to drink 6 or more glasses of water a day
- TRY to not stress
- Try to get enough sleep
- No heat
- No dye, no chemicals
- No products containing alcohol, includes hairspray
- Scalp massages
- No elastic bands

I only wish I had started this regime earlier. I know in a few years my hair will be beautiful. My hair sits at about my collar bone at the moment with layers. I will post measurements in the next post as my hair is wet at the moment (takes forever to dry as it is porous).

My hair is very very thick naturally. It is still fairly thick now after all the breakage from the bleach and losing about half of it (I mean literally half of it!)  after getting out glue in extentions, which didn't bother me at the time, because I thought my hair was a lost cause. I still have a lot of breakage at the nape of my neck. I basically have done all the wrong things, but now I'm doing all the right things and i hope my hair rewards me for it.

Keep checking back if you want to see how I go!

Ally

Replies:
Date Posted: August 23 2009 at 5:57am
Hair Inspiration (everyone trying to grow their hair should have one!)

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2009 at 5:28am
Okay, doing the best job I could I measured my hair at 32cm. Taking into account I had to use a handyman's tape measure as it was all I could find. I'm guessing people usually use like a sewing tape measure. I'll have to pick one up. Also how many different spots do you measure? I was going to do length (like just at the side of my head) and maybe width of my ponytail.

*Googles how to measure hair...

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2009 at 5:31am
Interesting
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081102061625AASraWD
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A674357A1D0F3116!337.entry?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=316772247

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2009 at 5:33am
Hair Pic of the day

Why on earth did she go blonde?

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2009 at 5:57am
Goals

First Goal:
Armpit length my March 2010. This is a growth of 7cm from today. This is around 1 cm per month. But I am going to take into account around 2 cm off for a trim. So really 9cms by March.

Second Goal: Bra Strap length. This is about 17cms growth from what I have now, and about 10cms from the first goal. That's by Christmas time, so 9 months.

Final Goal:
Mid-back length. This will probably take around another 6 months. After I reach my second goal I will be getting trims as it grows. So everytime it grows an inch, I will take off half an inch, 3/4 of an inch or the full inch. This is to get my hair to all un-chemically treated hair.

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2009 at 6:00am
Hair Growth Stages

-------------

Posted By: natorade
Date Posted: August 24 2009 at 12:03pm
what is your current length and color?

Date Posted: August 25 2009 at 2:05am
Measured 32cms the other day, hits just past my collar bone. It is a level 6 auburn brown.

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2009 at 2:43am
How often do you guys measure your hair? I'm inclined to measure it every week, but I think the sensible thing would be every month?

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2009 at 4:18am
Measured a little bit more accurately, it's 38.5cm from center part to longest tip, and from the centre of my hairline, down my part to the tip at the end, it is 48cms.

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2009 at 4:19am
Hair Pic of the day

-------------

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: August 25 2009 at 7:41am
Ally you asked about measurement I would go with once a month. Most sites of women growing it and men go once a month.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: August 26 2009 at 4:55am
Mike, yeah I thought that might be the way to go. C'mon progress!

-------------

Posted By: Pburgh56
Date Posted: August 26 2009 at 1:20pm
Wow I just looked at ur journal and u have great ideaas and great hair goals. Did u ever think of going further than mid back? My goal is mid to lowr back right now. what do u think for a guy?

Date Posted: August 27 2009 at 3:14am
Hey Pburgh, the longest I would go it to my waist. I'm fairly tall 5'8 so that makes a big difference to how much hair that is.

Wow that's a big goal but definitely achievable. How long is it now?.

-------------

Date Posted: August 27 2009 at 3:16am
Hair Pic of the Day

-------------

Date Posted: August 27 2009 at 3:24am
Just a thought, I know we need to add certain things to our diet to help our hair grow, but do we need to cut anything out? Does any foods prohibit hair growth?

-------------

Date Posted: August 27 2009 at 6:31am
What does everyone do after washing their hair? I don't blow dry, but if I go to bed with it wet it can get pretty fluffy. Last night I tried putting it in a soft scrunchie while damp and loosely plating the ends. Did not work out too well!

-------------

Date Posted: August 27 2009 at 4:49pm
i think waist would be awesome for u esp with ur height and everything. whats the longest u ever had ur hair?
thanks for the advice too i know i have a big goal but i really hope i can go for it and achieve it. Mine is currently collar length which i think is good growth after starting at a buzz in january. what do u think?
to answer ur questionj when i go to bed i let my hair damp and just wake up and have a shaggy look. I know its not as long as urs tho.

Date Posted: August 27 2009 at 7:10pm
I can't get my hair to stop breaking. I can't cut it anymore or I will have no hair. Does yours break? If so, how do you prevent it?

Date Posted: August 28 2009 at 6:07am
natorade, yes mine breaks. Once you've done the sort of damage that I've done to mine, it won't stop until it grows out. Things that will help though are protein treatments, that will help to rebuild the hair shaft, and of course no heat and gentle when brushing.

I'm not lying when I say I have a chemical haircut!

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2009 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

i think waist would be awesome for u esp with ur height and everything. whats the longest u ever had ur hair?
thanks for the advice too i know i have a big goal but i really hope i can go for it and achieve it. Mine is currently collar length which i think is good growth after starting at a buzz in january. what do u think?
to answer ur questionj when i go to bed i let my hair damp and just wake up and have a shaggy look. I know its not as long as urs tho.

Longest I've had it would be mid back. I loved my long hair and I miss it dearly!!!

Actually that's really amazing growth! Are you doing anthing special?

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2009 at 6:11am
Hair Pic of the Day

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2009 at 9:34am
thanks :) I hope ur hair gets really long agian too itll look great.
I think i had good growth myself so im hoping i can grow it to extreme lengths. My goal would be mid to lower back length or maybe even longer. what do u think for length and how should i style it once its long?

Date Posted: August 28 2009 at 3:22pm
i think i read that you have your hair dyed darker now€? what did you use to color it€? iam afraid mine is not going to hold onto the color when i have it died back to it's natural color. iam just anxious to get rid of this orange. sorry but my shift ket is broken so i can't capitalize anything

Date Posted: August 29 2009 at 12:16am
THanks I actually never dyed my hair but i want to get highlights once its long. I think ur color will be great tho :) how long do u think i should go with my hair and how should i style it once its long?

Date Posted: August 29 2009 at 7:25pm
Pburgh, if you're at work i'd say a ponytail (depending on where you work) and for free time anything goes! That's what's great about long hair, you have so many options!

natorade, I got it done at the hairdressers. I was planning on doing it myself but I couldn't order the professional products. Because my hair was platinum, they had to put on what's called a filler, to add back warm tones and prevent the color turning green. The blow dried that into my hair, towled off the excess, then put the auburn brown on. It has faded alot, and I actually really like it now, she did it a bit darker because of this. I also got her to leave blonde "paint drips" out the add a bit of interest.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Ally<3 Ally<3 wrote:

Pburgh, if you're at work i'd say a ponytail (depending on where you work) and for free time anything goes! That's what's great about long hair, you have so many options!

natorade, I got it done at the hairdressers. I was planning on doing it myself but I couldn't order the professional products. Because my hair was platinum, they had to put on what's called a filler, to add back warm tones and prevent the color turning green. The blow dried that into my hair, towled off the excess, then put the auburn brown on. It has faded alot, and I actually really like it now, she did it a bit darker because of this. I also got her to leave blonde "paint drips" out the add a bit of interest.
sorry to ask so many questions. i was curious if you went to a master colorist to get your color done or just a hairdresser that has a lot of experience with color. did they use a semi perm or permanent color? my moms friend that has been a hairdresser for 20 years had mentioned that i would need a filler for my hair but i have never had a hairdresser put a filler in my hair before and thats where my moms friend says they were going wrong. i would go to my moms friend but she lives in another state. i just want to be as knowledgable as i can when i go in to have the color put in. i am extremely paranoid now to have anyone touch my hair. i would just let the blonde grow out if it didn't have so much orange in it.

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 12:44am
Pic of the Day

-------------

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 12:52am
Originally posted by natorade natorade wrote:

sorry to ask so many questions. i was curious if you went to a master colorist to get your color done or just a hairdresser that has a lot of experience with color. did they use a semi perm or permanent color? my moms friend that has been a hairdresser for 20 years had mentioned that i would need a filler for my hair but i have never had a hairdresser put a filler in my hair before and thats where my moms friend says they were going wrong. i would go to my moms friend but she lives in another state. i just want to be as knowledgable as i can when i go in to have the color put in. i am extremely paranoid now to have anyone touch my hair. i would just let the blonde grow out if it didn't have so much orange in it.

I just went to my usual hairdressers, they had only ever done my roots there, and just one time because I did them myself. I had my extensions done there as well. She actually used a permanent colour. She actually asked me which one I wanted, but I could see the point in going for a semi if I wanted it to stay dark.

You will need a filler if:
-you're hair is porous, it will help hold the hair color longer
- if your hair color is uneven
-if you need to adjust the tone of your hair (in my case I went from cool blonde to warm brown, so they filler they put on was bright orange!)

-------------

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 12:55am
I'll tell you what sucks? Waiting for hair to grow only to have to get it cut off!

-------------

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 1:07am
I saw ur above post why do u have to cut off all ur hair :( ? thanks for the input tho i def think a ponytal is my best option and i love how many options i have with long hair :) what are ur thoughts on buns and braids on guys?

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 1:22am
Has anyone tried John Masters Organic shamoo? I just ordered some. Currently using Ojon.

-------------

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 1:25am

I saw ur above post why do u have to cut off all ur hair :( ? thanks for the input tho i def think a ponytal is my best option and i love how many options i have with long hair :) what are ur thoughts on buns and braids on guys?

Because the ends are damaged! Frustrating!!! Cry

I think braids are cool but I've never seen a bun on a guy I don't think. You'll have to show us.

-------------

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 1:26am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIKAfLv8Xfc

-------------

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 2:56am

I'll tell you what sucks? Waiting for hair to grow only to have to get it cut off!
oh boy do i know how you feel. my ends are still damaged and breaking off like crazy and i already have my hair cut to practically a pixie. that's why iam afraid to have anyone try and fix the color. i am so afraid they will damage what little bit of hair i have left, and i will have to shave it off. i am hoping so much that my hair color will be better by new years and it will have grown a bit for a better cut. i am suppose to go to london for new years and i really would hate to run into my old boyfriend with this horrendous hair of mine lol

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 3:02am

pburgh56 i have aguy friend that has long curly hair his hair is probably at bsl he wears his hair in a bun all the time he wears it low kind of close to the nape of his neck and then her wears a knit cap. it actually looks nice.

Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 7:51am

Ally I know what u mean about ends. they def are frustrating u put all that time into growing your hair really long only to get like an inch off because of ends. its like taking a step backward :( Braids are def cool and i can get some small ones now which are cool :) Ill def post some pics of a bun :) I have to wear one for work so I hope it turns out well. what styles do u do?

Natorade thanks for the feedback :) BSL is awesome  and im sooo glad his bun looks good. is it tight or messy? I know ill prob do a tight one at the base of my neck so i hope it turns out good :) does ur friend plan on growing his hair longer and with it curly does he ever straighten it?

Posted By: smilinjenn71
Date Posted: August 30 2009 at 11:22am
Welcome to the boards and thank you for the hair inspiration pics.Smile

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 3:12am
Thanks smilinjenn71!

I had a customer at work ask me today if I was growing my hair! Either it's looking longer or he reads these boards!! Oh lord I hope it's the former.

-------------

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 3:20am
Hair Pic of the Day

-------------

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 3:25am
New Hair Inspiration

-------------

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 4:57am
I think my hair's getting easier to manage. It's looking a bit dull cause the colour's fading. :(

I'm at a stage now where I don't care if it's long just make it all really healthy and unchemically treated. We'll worry about length later!

-------------

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 6:34am
I totally agree with your last post. make sure ur hair is healthy and if its healthy then it will tend to grow longer even :) I love the new hair inspiration pic too. I love celebrities with gorgeous long hair :) They make me jealous tho lol hahahah

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 7:21am
I've got some good ones of Rachel coming up! lol

Yeah if it's healthy it won't break as easy and therefore -- length!

I know, even though half (or more) of celebs use extension. I read Paris hilton is suffering from baldness and thinning, also known as "actress hair" from continuly wearing hair extensions since she was a teenager.

-------------

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 8:47am
Do u know why is it that extensions cause all that damage? its sad

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 7:27pm

Ally I know what u mean about ends. they def are frustrating u put all that time into growing your hair really long only to get like an inch off because of ends. its like taking a step backward :( Braids are def cool and i can get some small ones now which are cool :) Ill def post some pics of a bun :) I have to wear one for work so I hope it turns out well. what styles do u do?

Natorade thanks for the feedback :) BSL is awesome  and im sooo glad his bun looks good. is it tight or messy? I know ill prob do a tight one at the base of my neck so i hope it turns out good :) does ur friend plan on growing his hair longer and with it curly does he ever straighten it?

pburgh56...i have never seen my friend straighten his hair..his bun is usually not a messy bun. he has also worn it in 2 braids. he makes me so mad at how great his hair is though.

Date Posted: August 31 2009 at 8:41pm

awwww thats great his hair is great tho :) did u ever style it for him ? A tight one would be great for his hair and i can imagine the bangs look great :) is he letting it get longer?

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:06am

Well anything that is fused to the hair is going to cause damage. That along with the weight and pulling of the extensions on the hair causes the hair to snap where the bond is and even be pulled out at the root. They look good but my god can they do some serious damage.

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:07am
I need a trim!

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:09am
Hair Pics Of the Day
http://rachel-bilson.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=15984&fullsize=1
http://rachel-bilson.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=15985&fullsize=1

Pics won't show for some reason.

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:57am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WirongWHcW4&feature=channel_page

check it out

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 4:11am
My hair's condition is definitely improving, it must be happy to be rid of bleach!

How does everyone measure their hair? Everytime I do it I don't think I'm being accurate enough. It's a bit fiddly.

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 4:07pm
I tot get what ur saying about extensions. I can def see how the pulling and that would damage the roots. As for your question about measuring, I usually use a very small measure so I can measure exactly and measure from root to tip :) How have u tryed to measure? and how long is it?

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 8:19pm
I measure 2 ways, first, starting at the middle part the the longest point on the side, and also starting from the centre of my hairline above my nose, along my part and to the tips at the back. Itwas like 38cm last time. Can't wait to measure it again in a couple of weeks!

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 9:33pm

Well anything that is fused to the hair is going to cause damage. That along with the weight and pulling of the extensions on the hair causes the hair to snap where the bond is and even be pulled out at the root. They look good but my god can they do some serious damage.
Oh I remember in my junior year of high school I got extensions sewn in. I removed them a month later and my hair was sooooo thin. I had handfuls of hair come out. It was real scary.

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 9:47pm
oh wow natorade thats terrible :( how long of extensions were they and do u regret them now?
Thanks sooo much for the measuring tips Ally. I will def try that.  how often do u recommend measuring?

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 10:40pm
Once a month I measure. Looks like I'm approx 6cms away from my first goal.

I have noticed my ends aren't splitting as much as well. The problem with my hair is that it's layered, and I'm growing it all to one length, so I can't trim the layers if they need it. I have been going in myself with a pair of scissors, and if I see a split or damaged end, I will cut the very end off the single strand.

How much heat does everyone use on their hair? A part from the fact I used to curl it once or twice a year, I haven't really used for years. Oh wait I did use an iron occasionally when I had extensions so my hair would sit flat with them. What a bad idea.

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 10:52pm
Okay, so next measure day is the 25th of September.

I'm not drinking enough water! I enjoy a glass, but when it comes to drinking 6 I just don't manage to drink them all.

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2009 at 11:02pm
- Eat approx 50 grams of protein everyday
* I do this just about everyday.

- Take a suppliment and has all essential vitiams and minerals
* Everyday aswell, I maybe missed it twice in 2 or 3 months.

- Deep condition at least 2 times a week with lipid rich conditioner and use non-sls shampoo
* I do this aswell. It's rec'd to leave it overnight but my hair doesn't feel good the day after when I do that. Just bought some new highly rec'd Shampoo too, John Master's Organics.

- Protein treatment once a month
* Check, will be doing another on on the 15th.

- Use a dry oil ans shea butter
* I ran out of the oil but have been using the shea butter to seal my ends when my hair is coming out of the shower. Ordered some more oil that I'll use everyday.

- I use a shower filter
*check

- Try to drink 6 or more glasses of water a day
* Bum bum. Have been falling behind on this and really need to pick up my game!!

- TRY to not stress
* Work's a bit better atm.

- Try to get enough sleep
* Averaging around 8 hours a night.

- No heat
* CHECK!

- No dye, no chemicals
* Check check!
- No products containing alcohol, includes hairspray
* I had to use one small spray of hairspray just on my bangs a few weeks ago.  Wasn't even my hairspray, I don't own any!

- Scalp massages
* I have been doing these, but I think I need to do them for longer. I'd do 30secs when I should be doing 2-3 mins. I don't want to be rough on my hair though!

- No elastic bands
* Have been pretty good with this, but have needed to use them once or twice. But I had it very loose and not in a high pony with lots of pressure.

I'll be redoing this every month to keep myself accountable.

-------------

Date Posted: September 02 2009 at 9:18am
Thanks for the checklist that really is alot of help and ill have to follow it :) I dont use tha tmuch heat on my hair other than straightening it a couple times. how long is ur hair right now? can u do a pony?

Date Posted: September 03 2009 at 4:45am
Little bit past my collorbone. I do have a pony, pretty decend one!

-------------

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: September 03 2009 at 10:29am
That is great Ally. Keep gorwing. I do hope someday we will see pics of your lenght. Thanks for the updates.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: September 03 2009 at 7:14pm
awwww im glad u have a nice pony. u should post pictures :) itd be nice.

Date Posted: September 05 2009 at 2:24am
I will post pictures when I get more length. I'll then post a starting and progress picture.

I must admit, I'm feeling a little guilty today. When getting ready to go out last night, my hair was frustrating me so much so I quickly and lightly curled my hair with a curling iron. Cry

This is what happens when you have 15mins to get ready.

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2009 at 2:35am
Pic of the Day

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2009 at 6:41am
Awwww dont feel guilty sometimes u get frustrated with ur hair and just have to do that. Im anxious to see progress pics for sure tho :) Any advice for me to do some styles with my hair now. My bangs are getting in my eyes and i dont know what to do with them :(

Date Posted: September 06 2009 at 3:37am
Well part from pinning it back, i'd probably use a wax to sort of make it do what I wanted.

I can sort of see that my virgin hair is slightly darker than my bleached hair that was been dyed my natural colour. I like how it looks!

I think my hair's looking better.... slowly.

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2009 at 3:38am
Also, how much water does everyone drink everyday and when do you drink it?

I was thinking too that summer's coming up, I've never really cared before, but I'll be wearing a hat to shield it from the sun.

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2009 at 6:42am
There's a girl at LHC who's hair grew 10 inches in 12 months!! Oh god I hope mine grows at least close to that. I'd be at my goal in like a year!

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2009 at 7:58am
thanks for the advice i will try some wax. whats some good brands? currently i use alot of headbands and bobbipins when im around the house.
omg 10 inches in a yr is amazing i think everyone wishes for that. ally we should measure our hair and compare every month. what do u think?

Date Posted: September 06 2009 at 6:36pm

I was thinking too that summer's coming up, I've never really cared before, but I'll be wearing a hat to shield it from the sun.
I drink tons of water. I am not sure how much exactly, but I think about a case of water in 2 days. I drink it all day and night. I even take a water bottle with me to bed and leave it on my night stand.

Date Posted: September 06 2009 at 6:55pm

Did you say that summer's coming up? where do you live? Do you live in Australia?

Date Posted: September 07 2009 at 3:46am
natorade, yes I do live in Australia!

I need to drink more water, I don't know why it's so hard. I think it's cause it's so cold at the moment. I hope I start to drink more as it warms up because it's so crucial!

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2009 at 3:51am
Hair Pic of the Day

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2009 at 4:19am
I agree. i need to drink more water as well. I heard it realy does help with the growth. I love the hair pic of the day too. I noticed that she has bangs in it. brings me to a topic lol: what do u think do u like bangs or do you like bangs all grown out one length long?

Date Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:49am
I love the look of straight bangs. I've had side swept bangs for literally as long as I can remember so I'm growing them out at the moment. I want all my hair long! lol

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:50am
I wonder if I'll wake up one day and think "wow, my hair is actually long!"

Probably not because it's so gradual and such a long process.

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:52am
LOL I dyed my clip-in hair extensions..... they are SO NOT the same colour as my hair. GRRR.

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2009 at 2:23pm
hahahah i know the feeling ally. Its like id love to wake up one morning and just have long flowing hair but i dont think thatd happen :( Its gradual but it will be worth it. I agree with ur bang theory too i figure why do i want bangs i want all my hair very long :) all one length :)
sry about the extension color :( how much length do they add to ur hair?

Date Posted: September 08 2009 at 3:24am
They go mid back. Too bad half of them are platinum and half are plum!

-------------

Date Posted: September 08 2009 at 5:58am
awwww mid back extensions are cute. do u wear them often?

Date Posted: September 08 2009 at 6:31am
Used to wear them all the time when my hair was blonde.

My ends need moisture, does anyone oil their hair?

-------------

Date Posted: September 08 2009 at 11:40am
I have never oiled my hair but a few friends of mine have. what do u need to know?

Date Posted: September 09 2009 at 4:06am
Well I think I'm going to start, and put it just on the ends. I have done it before when my hair was wet and it turned out nice, but I'm thinking of puting a little bit just on my ends everyday. My hair should soak it it and hopefully will help the split ends. Do you do treatments Pburgh?

I measured a few weeks early (could resist) and I don't think I have any growth! Cry

-------------

Date Posted: September 09 2009 at 4:07am
Check this out, amazing... 10 inches in 12 months...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/?action=view&current=year1hair.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: September 09 2009 at 4:51am
Damaged her hair for nothing! Kim goes back to black..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL1MedDuH_w&feature=sub

-------------

Date Posted: September 09 2009 at 6:17am
awwwww im sorry u didnt log any more growth :( It will come tho I know it. I currently do not do treatments but I would really like to start :) what do u think I should do for them? I checked out that growth pic too that girl is sooo lucky I wish my hair would grow like that :(

Date Posted: September 09 2009 at 3:28pm

Used to wear them all the time when my hair was blonde.

My ends need moisture, does anyone oil their hair?
I oil my hair. I put evoo on my hair the night before I am going to wash it. Then on the weekends if I have nothing going on I will put evoo in my hair on friday and won't wash it out till sunday night. My hair loves it. I have also used this stuff called wild growth, it has jojoba oil, coconut oil, and a couple other oils in it. It is very oily. It is for african american women to use on their braids. I have to be careful with that one though cause if it sits on my skin it will break me out.

Date Posted: September 09 2009 at 3:34pm

Check this out, amazing... 10 inches in 12 months...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/?action=view&current=year1hair.jpg
I wish i could get that kind if growth. That is my mom and brother are. They cut their hair and it seems like 2 weeks later they look like chewbacca. Why was I not so blessed? Did she say what she did to help with her growth? I wonder if most red heads have fast growing hair?

Date Posted: September 10 2009 at 7:05am
Well I'm a natural red head and it doesn't happen for me. She didn't say she did anything out of the usual.

My old hairdresser did say today "god it's grown!" but that might be cause she hasn't seen me in a couple of months.

Blechhh

-------------

Date Posted: September 10 2009 at 7:07am
Pburgh, oil is good for the hair as well as egg whites. If you want to buy one I love Redken All Soft. Lipids and protein. Great for the hair.

-------------

Date Posted: September 10 2009 at 7:19am
Hair Pics of the Day

-------------

Date Posted: September 10 2009 at 12:54pm
sounds great ally ill def get some oil. what do u do then for the treatments?

Date Posted: September 11 2009 at 6:01am
Different ones will be different. All soft you put it in, leave in for 10 minutes and rinse.

-------------

Date Posted: September 11 2009 at 6:02am
I am so sick of seeing extensions! Some times they're nice but most of the time they look so NASTY.

-------------

Date Posted: September 11 2009 at 8:03am
K thanks for the input. I will def try one of those treatments for sure. I know what u mean about extensions too they cause sooo much damage to beautiful hair :(

Date Posted: September 11 2009 at 10:56pm
When I was blonde, I think I was in denial about my hair. It's getting butter but my ends are bad. Sucks so bad waiting for it to grow only to get it cut off.

Going to do a treatment today. Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: September 12 2009 at 3:42am
Sort of dawned on me today that it will take YEARS for my damaged hair to grow out. Needless to say I'm years away from any length. Depressing.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window