Print Page | Close Window

hair straightening on its own?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6506
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 6:43pm

Topic: hair straightening on its own?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: hair straightening on its own?
Date Posted: August 13 2003 at 11:03am
I started a thread a couple of weeks ago called "series of bad haircuts." After thinking about it a little more, I was wondering if wavy hair can start to become straight after a while (maybe before it goes gray or falls out or something).

I help a bunch of hair between my fingers. I used to think the barber was cutting it wrong and that the hairs were different lengths. Now I noticed that all are about the same length - but some stick up straight and some are wavy. Does anyone know what's causing this?

Maybe your answer could change the way I handle my hair or have it cut. My earlier thread might have more information. Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: August 13 2003 at 1:29pm
Hi Freddie,

Most people have several types of hair on their head. I have thick, medium diameter hair with some very fine pieces around the hairline. It's wavy all over except for a very straight patch at my neck and a few very tightly coiled curls at my ears! How strange is that? What you're noticing is normal. Does your barber cut your hair when it's wet or dry? A dry cut might help even things out since when hair is wet it tends to even out in length (wavier pieces are stretched to match the straight ones, etc.) I hope this helps!

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Print Page | Close Window