Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=65597
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 11:44am

Topic: mushroom cut
Posted By: xxxzvp
Subject: mushroom cut
Date Posted: December 21 2009 at 5:27am
My wife has finally agreed to give the mushroom cut another try. I absolutely loved it the last time she tried it, but she hated it at first, and only slightly warmed up to it later. Now a year and a half later she promised she will try it again, and with a shorter nape than the last time. The last time she had the nape cut with a #2. Saturdays are the only day we can get our hair cut, and with the next two weekends being holidays it should happen on 1/9/10, sooner if we get lucky. This looks like it is really going to happen, not just my wishful thinking.

Replies:
Posted By: mikecuts
Date Posted: December 21 2009 at 4:16pm
XXXZVP
Keep the faith, alot of ladies doing this cut. I am sure she willl ove it if she did it once already. My wife does it all the time and says she hates hair on her neck. She loves the snug feeling of short hair.
Mike

Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 3:04pm
Well, my wife and I went to the salon this weekend and as agreed, she got the "mushroom" cut. I think it looks very cute, and actually I think she likes it, but she is very worried what her friends and co-workers will say. They seem obligated to give her sh** every time she goes really short. What do you guys think?

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 5:45pm
I think it looks great!

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 10:28pm
I agree!  Looks great!  Tell her to just ignore the morons that give her crap.

Posted By: shortvslong
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 6:52am
I loves this cut! It looks amazing! Wish my wife would agree to this WOW!

Date Posted: January 14 2010 at 7:55pm
Very nice. My wife gest the same when I cut hers very short. She does not mind what others think or feel. Nor should yours. It's hers not theirs.
Mike b

Date Posted: January 15 2010 at 6:56am
That's awesome Mike!!!!

Date Posted: January 16 2010 at 6:56am
It's been a week since the big haircut and nobody has given her any crap at all about the haircut. She has been getting lots of compliments on it. Now she is thinking about keeping it for a while. Next haircut is in three weeks and we'll see if she keeps it, man I hope she does.

Date Posted: January 16 2010 at 8:39am
Well, that sounds like great news!  

Date Posted: January 18 2010 at 8:14pm
XXXZVP
Thats great to hear. I hope she keeps the cut. It looks great on her from the back.
Mike

Date Posted: February 07 2010 at 6:07am

We went for haircuts yesterday and my wife got the mushroom cut again, this time the hairline is shaved up higher than the last. It really is a breath taking hairstyle, I think it looks great, and most importantly she really likes it. I'll post another pic later.

Date Posted: February 07 2010 at 9:44am
can't wait!

Date Posted: February 08 2010 at 4:51pm
I feel short hair is in for 2010. My wife has had her back and sides clipped with a #2 allot. Just over the past two cuts she asking to let grow for the winter then in the spring take it short again. I will oblige her on that.
 Good looks great haircuts go together very well.
Mike b

Posted By: FIRESTORM132
Date Posted: February 09 2010 at 6:36pm
PLEASE POST QUICKLY ,MY WIFE HAS AN APPOINTMENT THIS WEEKEND AND I HAVE CONVINCED HER TO GET A MUSHRROM CUT . ANYONE KNOW OF ANY PICTURES I COULD SHOW HER BEFORE THEN

Date Posted: February 10 2010 at 8:05am
Originally posted by xxxzvp xxxzvp wrote:

... I'll post another pic later.

We're waiting! Wink

Date Posted: February 10 2010 at 3:56pm

I've been having trouble posting pics the last few times that I tried, but I'll get to it when I have more time. Feel free to use the pics that I have already posted, her most recent cut isn't much different.

Date Posted: February 13 2010 at 10:50am
Here's a couple of pics of my wife's latest trim. I love this haircut and really like how the stylist shaved the hairline up higher this time.

Date Posted: February 14 2010 at 7:15am
Wow beautiful!

Date Posted: February 14 2010 at 8:39am
Wow does that look great!

Posted By: Heratic
Date Posted: February 19 2010 at 12:17am
Looking good

-------------
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Date Posted: March 14 2010 at 1:38pm
We have an appointment next Saturday the 20th, and my wife has agreed to keep the mushroom cut, and is also getting blonde highlights. I'll post some pics.

Posted By: mystical81
Date Posted: March 15 2010 at 6:55pm
Great to hear! Good luck and hope the stylists executes your thoughts :)

Post before / after if you do not mind, would love to see where it was and has come to. Cheers!

Print Page | Close Window