Forum Name: Diet Days
Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=65673
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:44am

Topic: Diet Tips
Posted By: erik
Subject: Diet Tips
Date Posted: January 04 2010 at 5:11am
If you want to go for healthy Diet Tips, first you have know these dieting myths:

1. If I drastically cut calories, I'll lose weight faster.

When you take your caloric intake down too low, you are actually sending your body into "starvation mode". Your body wants to maintain your weight when it "thinks" you are starving; therefore, your metabolism will actually slow down and you may not lose weight.
2. The stricter the diet, the better it will work.

The stricter a diet is -- completely eliminating entire food groups; eating just one food (e.g. cabbage soup) -- the less effective it will be in the end. You'll get tired of the allowed food and when you feel really deprived, you're likely to call it quits altogether.
3. I should get rid of my favorite less-than-healthful foods.

By treating yourself to your old favorites now and again, you'll stay motivated and you'll be less likely to give in to a binge. Just make sure you get back on track after your treat. Moderation is the key to successful, long-term weight loss.
4. Eating late at night will cause me to gain weight.

All things considered, it doesn't really matter when you eat, only how many calories you eat and burn in a day. Whether you're eating in the morning or at midnight your body turns any extra calories into fat. In fact, eating a light snack -- like cheese and crackers -- before bed may help you sleep better.
5. I shouldn't eat between meals.

On the contrary, eating a small, healthful snack between meals will help keep your blood sugar at an even keel and keep your metabolism going strong. You'll also avoid getting too hungry so you don't over-eat at your next meal.
6. Fat is bad.

Everybody needs to include some fat in their diet. We need it; plus, it makes dishes more satisfying and palatable. Some fats are even good for you, like omega-3 fatty acids, which are found predominantly in fish and shellfish.

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: February 08 2010 at 10:24am
Good tips.  Thanks.

Posted By: michaelhoffman
Date Posted: May 13 2010 at 2:51am

One can find out hundreds of diet tips on the internet. But the tips which you have shared here seems to be effective. I must admit these are the great tips. Thanks for sharing.

-------------

Posted By: mickyjashuas
Date Posted: October 11 2010 at 1:27am
Some more Diet tips

* Drink plenty of water .
* You can often get very hungry at times, try drinking water to help manage hunger pains.
* Eat less. More often. You should try to avoid big and heavy meals.
* To avoid drinking soda and juices.
* Think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away.
* It is very beneficial as it contains fiber and fulfilling from the volume of food.

-------------

Posted By: Luther Holl
Date Posted: November 17 2010 at 8:02am
Well,some Tips are given below:
-Choose a place at home and the work you do all your meals. Make sure you are seated.
-Groceries only after eating. You will be less likely to buy foods impulsively - especially foods that you do not need.
-When you shop for groceries stick to your shopping list.
-Do not think because you are eating low fat foods low in calories you can eat anything you want.The calories still add and should be burned no matter what type of food you eat. Balance is the key.
-If you go to a restaurant, decide in advance what you will eat. Stick to it.

-------------

Posted By: milerwark
Date Posted: January 21 2011 at 10:45pm
It is also important to remember that your weight gradually be eliminated. Miracles overnight like some fad diets promise Do not expect. You eat almost every physiological process and the work is important. More relaxed atmosphere of your food, the easier it will stick to your diet.

-------------
http://orangecountymedspa.com/ - cellulite orange

Posted By: Harry Donovan
Date Posted: March 17 2011 at 7:31am
I hope you don't mind the intrusion, I just felt compelled to share my knowledge in the area. I have written several articles on proper nutrition, especially nutrition which primes the body for healthy hair.
http://www.ehairgrowthremedies.com/ -  
Again, I don't mean the post links for no reason, I simply have a lot to share in this area, and didn't think it would be proper to start pasting entire articles to the thread lol.

Regards,
Harry Donovan

-------------
I am a hair loss surviver!

Posted By: Kirbie
Date Posted: April 03 2011 at 9:58pm
If you want to lose pounds in a healthy way you should follow this tips

• Don’t eat if you are not hungry – out of stress, habit, emotional need…
  • Avoid all sodas, especially diet sodas – empty calories and chemicals
  • Eat to live, don’t live to eat
  • Drink tea to burn fat
  • Avoid fast food, junk food, any food without nutrition

-------------

Posted By: chasmith0323
Date Posted: April 19 2011 at 11:01pm
Diet and exercise, it's easy to say but very tough to do. Great tips. I'll definitely share this with my family and friends. Another tip from me is to think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away and I may start by focusing on getting the recommended 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Wink

Posted By: JasonSLindsey
Date Posted: June 01 2011 at 5:34am

One end of the most effective diet is to drink plenty of water. In fact, water is possibly the most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping off.You should eat five or six small meals a day at regular intervals of about 4-5 hours. This will help suppress appetite and increase your metabolism rate. If you are on a regimen of cardiovascular exercise can also increase fruit intake by drinking more smoothies after a workout.

-------------
http://www.thebrookdaleclinic.co.uk/physiotherapy.php - Physiotherapy in Cheshire

Posted By: rubertnrubert
Date Posted: July 19 2011 at 11:41am
Diet Tips:
- Do more exercise.
- Keep walking.
- Do not eat more fatty and high calorie contained food.
- Drink more water.
- Do Yoga.

-------------

Posted By: weioqwea
Date Posted: July 27 2011 at 11:14pm
Diet tips are:

Eat always more fruits
Drink plenty of water
Eat balanced diet
Avoid smoking and alcohol
Drink always fruit juices

-------------

Posted By: fairleyferandis
Date Posted: July 29 2011 at 12:21am
Diet is the main part of your healthy and lasting lasting life.Always eat balanced diet.Green and Leafy vegetables are best for your health.go for the seasonal fruits.Drink plenty of water and Milk is also best for your health.Green Tea is best to control your weight and the healthy heart.

-------------
http://www.baylar.com/ - hediyelik eşya

Posted By: ryhangill
Date Posted: August 12 2011 at 1:47am
Every person want to have good health and good health can only be achieve by having a healthy diet. Here are some of the effective diet tips are
- Eat healthy and fresh food
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat slower
- Keep body hydrated
- Concentrate while eating

-------------

Posted By: jeniferose1
Date Posted: August 12 2011 at 2:19am
I suggest you diet tips with my experience that: drink more water, eat food less, eat fruits more and its juice, go for morning walk and do yogas which is good for your body.  

-------------

Posted By: jablotron
Date Posted: August 20 2011 at 1:17am
I suggest you diet tips with my experience that: drink more water, eat food less, eat fruits more and its juice, go for morning walk and do yogas which is good for your body.

-------------

Posted By: shanwallan
Date Posted: August 23 2011 at 12:09pm
Healthy diet is well known, if you consider increasing energy, improving the way the body functions, you can perceive, a healthy diet actually build a batch of sense, allowing you to maximize your life.

-------------

Posted By: ronnywarn
Date Posted: August 24 2011 at 7:40am
Many studies and researches are suggested that diet is a mirror of good health. Try to eat less calorie and sugary foods. Do a regularly habit for walking after eating lunch or dinner.

-------------

Posted By: edricstyras
Date Posted: February 09 2012 at 11:13pm
Fresh fruits are always preferable to frozen, dried or canned fruits, because they are richer in nutrient. You will still feel extremely full by eating a bowl of fresh berries and non-fat yogurt but without the unnecessary calories.

-------------

Posted By: jimmytailors
Date Posted: February 23 2012 at 9:18am
For the diabetic patient or for a fat person diet is most important to lose weight. In dieting plan rather than a fancy meal the person should have to cut diet meal in a small part. Do not go to bed after eating the food.

-------------
http://www.99batteries.co.uk/dell-laptop-battery/dell-latitude-d620-battery.html - Dell Latitude d620 Battery

Posted By: john1212
Date Posted: March 17 2012 at 3:55am
Thanks for these wonderful tips.......

Posted By: Edric
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 2:08pm
Dieting is very much important for the person to do. It is give the good looking body with suitable weight. It is also very much important to get the good amount of stamina in the human body. 

-------------

Posted By: aledsnape
Date Posted: October 24 2012 at 8:04am
I would add some exercise to the days when you don't play soccer-walking with family or friends, taking up a new sport, lifting weights--anything to get moving on those days. The more active you are, the better shape you'll be in.

Posted By: Carol329
Date Posted: March 14 2013 at 4:37am
That is true. Most people overdo things or do certain things without doing proper research. Weight is simple, burn more calories than you take. That's it. Eat better, work more.

Posted By: whatisbeauty
Date Posted: April 18 2013 at 4:23am
Loosing weight can me very hard but if you have proper knowledge.You can be successful.Gaining a lot from this thread,thank you.

Posted By: shinning_likeme
Date Posted: May 22 2013 at 3:45am
Chech this new type of Dieting

Water fasting can help individuals burn fat. Fasting starts when carbohydrates stored in the body are utilized for energy. T

water fasting for 24 hours increases the metabolism of fat among women by 1,300 percent and among men by 2,000 percentIf followed step by step
Step 1
Fast no longer than 24 hours. Fasting more than 24 hours continues to increase the amount of muscle metabolized. Muscle burns more calories per pound than fat. After you break the fast, you will need muscle to keep your metabolism from slowing down.
Step 2
Engage in light- to moderate-intensity aerobic exercise. Do not overexert yourself, and do take sporadic breaks. Calories burned during aerobic exercise while fasting will primarily consist of calories burned from fat.
Step 3
Hydrate your body frequently. Drink eight or more 8 oz. glasses of water. Try drinking ice-cold water. Ice water causes the body to burn more calories, since the body needs to expend energy to generate heat after consuming the cold water.
Step 4
Get plenty of rest. Reducing sleep can decrease fat-burning up to 55 percent, according to a 2010 study published in "Annals of Internal Medicine." Additionally, lack of sleep increases your appetite, and may lead to binge-eating or yo-yo dieting.
Step 5
Engage in deep-breathing exercises. Breathe in through the nose for five seconds and release air through the mouth. Do at least five sets of 30 repetitions per day. Oxygen is required for the body to burn fat. Increasing the availability of oxygen may enhance this process.
Step 6
Break your fast gradually. Your ghrelin levels, a hormone that increases your appetite, will be heightened after fasting. These increased levels may cause you to want to eat large quantities of food. Try to eat small amounts of fruits, vegetables or rice initially. If you binge after a fast, most calories consumed will be stored as fat, which counters your efforts to burn fat while fasting.

Posted By: amandagreen
Date Posted: August 16 2013 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Harry Donovan Harry Donovan wrote:

I hope you don't mind the intrusion, I just felt compelled to share my knowledge in the area. I have written several articles on proper nutrition, especially nutrition which primes the body for healthy hair.
http://www.ehairgrowthremedies.com/ -

Print Page | Close Window