Print Page | Close Window

What can I do about my deep acne scars?

Printed From:
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Skin Care
Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
Printed Date: October 23 2021 at 7:27pm

Topic: What can I do about my deep acne scars?
Posted By: slatka
Subject: What can I do about my deep acne scars?
Date Posted: February 22 2010 at 5:33pm
Hey everyone.

I had perfect skin until I was about 16 years old and then all of a sudden I developed huge, cystic acne that was blue-purple in color. These acne unfortunately left really deep scars into one part of my face and they are very noticeable. Just a few days ago, I developed two huge pimples near my ear that were very hard and looked like blood under the skin. They disappeared quickly but unfortunately left really deep scars in my skin. I do not get these cystic pimples anymore, other than these two I got in the last few days. I haven't gotten these cystic pimples in about 3 years. However I do get the small occasional pimples that have a white head. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything I could do to get rid of these actual holes the pimples left behind on my face? Please don't suggest a scar fading cream or anything like that. There's nothing to fade. They are deep HOLES. If anyone knows of any creams or medication, or perhaps something I could get done at a dermatologist's office or even at a plastic surgeon's I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

PS. I have never had much luck with dermatologists as they always seemed like they just wanted to get rid of me as quickly as possible. They have always suggested Accutane to cure my acne, but nothing to cure my scars. They seem to ignore this. I am also not interested in taking Accutane since I am scared of the side effects. I have taken other acne medication before, but they only caused me to feel very sick.

Posted By: JillV
Date Posted: March 03 2010 at 7:57am
I'm so sorry you have had bad luck with dermatologists.Especially when they can be so expensive to go to!

I would say that you could possibly benefit from Dermabrasion or Microdermabrasion. It is a procedure for sloughing off the skin to reveal the more smooth skin underneath.The Dermabrasion is a bit more serious and I think can be mildly painful,but for deep scars it works better then the microdermabrasion.
There are also fillers that they use to fill in wrinkles which I have heard can be used to fill in pits from acne as well,like Restylyne (spelling?)
I'm not sure,but a chemical peel might help also.

Posted By: bellelionne
Date Posted: April 30 2010 at 12:02pm
You definitely try a series of dermabrasion and peels. You would probably benefit from a good TCA peel. Find an Esthetician qualified to do those. Vivant Pro Peel is AMAZING.

Licensed Esthetician, MakeUp Artist

Print Page | Close Window