Print Page | Close Window

Sweat: What to do?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=66303
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 3:09pm

Topic: Sweat: What to do?
Posted By: wetnwild
Subject: Sweat: What to do?
Date Posted: May 29 2010 at 2:43pm
Hello HB fam,
I have a serious problem that I've been dealing with for years. I sweat in my head and have been trying to find ways to have a cute hairstyle without sweating it out. I live in TEXAS where it gets really hot on those hot days just walking from my home to the car makes me sweat. Prolonged exposure to the elements (or any exercise) makes me sweat to the point my hair becomes drenched and starts to drip. It is so embarrassing. I would like to know if anyone else deals with this same issue and what do you do to your hair to keep it looking good? I've noticed that the more my hair is wet, the sooner I need a perm. My hair is currently down to my shoulders (with some areas being shorter than others from not properly taking care of it). My hair is kinky and requires a perm. I'm interested in going natural, but I have never done it before so I don't know what I would look like, I don't know how to get started and I don't know how to take care of a natural look. My hair is very thick when it needs to be permed. I have broken a comb or two in the past. Again, embarrassing, but I need to know what to do. I'm at a loss and need help. Please HELP!!

-------------
Confused about what to do

Print Page | Close Window