Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=66410
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 5:27pm

Topic: Curly Hair Care Tips
Posted By: yellow.green
Subject: Curly Hair Care Tips
Date Posted: June 15 2010 at 11:58am

Curly Hair Care Tips
Limit shampooing your hair to no more than twice a week., shampooing strips your hair of its natural oils.

Use a conditioner every time after you shampoo to re-moisturize your hair.

Use a leave-in conditioner on your hair daily or every other day.

Use a shampoo and conditioner that is specifically geared towards curly hair.

Avoid using narrow toothed combs and brushes, use wide-toothed combs instead which has less of a tendency to cause breakage and frizzing.

To detangle your hair, in the shower start with your hair moist and conditioned (which will protect it from breakage), use your fingers to begin the untangling then finish with a wide toothed comb starting from the end going up finishing at the root of the hair. Then rinse your head with water and try to retain half of the conditioner in your hair. If you try to detangle your hair when it's dry, you will cause it to frizz.

Let your hair aid dry to reduce frizzing, avoid brushing and using a towel to dry your hair. If you need to your hair to dry quickly, blot your hair with a towel, but do not rub it.

Deep condition your hair once a month or more to re-moisturize your scalp and hair.

Use a small amount of styling product with moisturizing ingredient(s) in it to keep your hair from frizzing when your hair is still slightly moist and gently style with your finger. Apply the styling one section so that it is equally distributed.

Avoid playing with your hair or touching it as much as possible, the more friction that occurs on your hair will cause it to tangle and/or frizz.

Replies:
Posted By: jasikazenith
Date Posted: August 19 2010 at 1:05am
Curly hair is different from a other hair,and it looks a in a growth you must care it ,for curly hair is to get scalp massages every two days,you massage with oil and deep conditioning is a best for your hair, curly hair can be prone to lacking moisture and protein ,make sure to keep enough of these in your hair! Coconut oil is helpful for replenishing moisture,and you sleep on satin,this way you care your curly hair.

-------------

Posted By: watkins
Date Posted: September 13 2010 at 2:15am
Use a small amount of styling products with moisturizing ingredien in which to keep your hair curls when your hair is still wet and soft finger style. Apply the style of a section for well blended.

Posted By: Deloris1
Date Posted: September 21 2010 at 6:48am
I have curly hair, so I shampoo my hair twice a week and apply a leave-in conditioner daily. I always use wide toothed comb to make them tangle free.

-------------

Posted By: s7c2b0
Date Posted: September 27 2010 at 8:24pm

I have really curly hair and it definitely helped when I stopped washing it everyday.  I like to wear my hair straight but I try to use a blow dryer more than a striaghtner so it feels softer.

Posted By: halieyroger
Date Posted: November 26 2010 at 1:14am
Curly hair growth can be done by using a shampoo, use one that suits your hair type for example if you have dry curly hair, do not use a shampoo for oily hair. Do do hot oil treatment can make your hair feel softer. If you do not know what to use to then go to your local beauty salon and ask their advice. If you want to colour to your then use only henna color because henna colours are natural which doesn't have any side-effects.

-------------
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/marketreport/5320309/David-Shamoon-circles-Minerva-after-buying-stake.html - david shamoon marbella

Posted By: gregory
Date Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:51am
Avoid washing your hair every day. The natural oil that keeps the hair healthy and shiny and smooth. It is also worth re-spray your curls in the day if your curls are flat. After taking a bath, also want to use a conditioner to combat hair damage. However, using a heavy conditioner can make your curls so you might consider a light conditioner.

-------------
http://www.1ppi.co.uk/ - PPI

Posted By: manzisofia
Date Posted: February 26 2011 at 12:25am
Curly hair tends be dryer, more brittle and prone to frizzing, so it requires more care than straight hair. Limit shampooing your hair to no more than twice a week., shampooing strips your hair of its natural oils. Avoid playing with your hair or touching it as much as possible, the more friction that occurs on your hair will cause it to tangle and/or frizz. Use gel, mousse, and ouchless hair bands to tame and style hair. Avoid excessive use of heat tools and use oils such as jojoba. So you can get good result. Thanks for sharing.

-------------

Posted By: suprax125
Date Posted: February 26 2011 at 9:14am
Curly hair can be challenging, but it is great to have when you get the hang of how to care for it.

Smile

-------------

Posted By: imuniq
Date Posted: April 20 2011 at 1:20am
Wow grate tips really effective i have also a curly hair .. now i will do all these think . i don't know how to care my hair thanks for suggest me 

-------------
http://www.lfhair.com/ - wigs

Posted By: danielcraigsupe
Date Posted: July 04 2011 at 12:39pm
I really curly hair, it will definitely help when I wash it everyday.Curly hair stop growing, you can use the shampoo is complete, use the one that suits your hair type, for example, if you have dry hair, do not use oil shampoo hair. Do not do hot oil treatment can make your hair feel softer.

-------------

Posted By: georgebush830
Date Posted: July 08 2011 at 1:22pm
I have really curly hair and it definitely helped when I stopped washing it everyday.  I like to wear my hair straight but I try to use a blow dryer more than a straightener so it feels softer.

-------------
www.nahb.ca - early childcare assistant

Posted By: sophiasmith941
Date Posted: August 10 2011 at 3:25am
Hi..Its really very difficult to take care of curly hairs..I am hairs are also curly and facing the problem of roughness and dull..Thanks a lot for tips..I am going to try your tips..

Posted By: EddieChatwin
Date Posted: September 06 2011 at 2:34pm
Try using a shampoo for naturally thick and curly hair. Comb conditioner through hair in the shower, Don't shampoo every day, Use styling products suited for your hair type, Use a curl creme, as these help to moisturize the hair.

-------------

Posted By: elevate
Date Posted: September 13 2011 at 12:27am
Curly hair always demands good care & protection as it is prone to serious hair damages if not maintained properly. It can become dry, brittle and lose its natural shine and beauty than any other type if not cared in the proper way. Excessive shampooing can make it even more dry & frizzy as all the natural moisture and oils are depleted with frequently shampooing. It can be also lead to stripping and damaging cuticles. It is therefore recommended not to subject your hair to the process of shampooing more than two times a week. But cleaning off its dirt and oily accumulations once or twice a week is necessary to keep the hair healthy and clean. Since clean scalp is necessary for healthy hair, shampooing with good conditioner for regular intervals is important. Using a moisture rich leave-in conditioner along with shampooing is highly important for retaining the correct moisture level. You will get shampoo &  conditioners specially formulated for curly hair. For curly hair, do not use a narrow toothed comb as it can break the hair easily or make it frizzy.

Posted By: ijessica
Date Posted: September 13 2011 at 6:47am
Good tips. Thank you.  I think a lot of people don't understand the importance of keeping curly hair clean but not overly clean.

Posted By: Jnelson
Date Posted: September 30 2011 at 4:00pm
Thanks for the tips. All the tips are very helpful.

-------------

Posted By: kiteright
Date Posted: October 07 2011 at 7:28am
Massage with oil and deep conditioning is the best for your hair, curly hair can easily lack of moisture and protein, be sure to keep enough of these in your hair! Coconut oil is beneficial to add water, and you sleep on satin.

-------------
http://www.thebrookdaleclinic.co.uk/physiotherapy.php - Physiotherapy in Cheshire

Posted By: yes-c
Date Posted: October 09 2011 at 3:06am
I want curly hair, but do not know how to care, see this post flattered, thanksHeart

-------------

Posted By: piggyhilson
Date Posted: October 11 2011 at 11:37pm
Curly Hair, to care with shampoo wash regular with hot water. Dry with napkin. Use dry machine.

-------------
http://www.sbglobal.info/webdevelopment.aspx - web development India

Posted By: jane_hearst
Date Posted: October 13 2011 at 6:16pm
I had very curly hair and now it has become wavy. This does not look good because neither do i have curls nor do i have straight hair. But oiling your hair at least once a week with warm olive oil mixed with the inside content of a vitamin E tablet really helps. Then wrapping the head with hot towel helps the oil to penetrate the oil deep into the roots. Thank you for the informative post.

-------------
http://www.searchreviews.com

Posted By: kattie
Date Posted: October 25 2011 at 2:27am
Curly hair need more care than straight hair. I have also curly hair... Thanks for starting this topic, here i got more information through posts for caring them...

-------------

Posted By: curlingirons1
Date Posted: November 10 2011 at 1:55am
make sure you have the right curler that will be best for you

-------------

Posted By: monicawebb
Date Posted: November 24 2011 at 5:59pm
Joico is great for naturally curly hair because it controlls frizz as well :) 

Posted By: albymork
Date Posted: November 29 2011 at 6:48am
Use a small amount of moisturizing ingredien styling products, which make your hair curl, when your hair is still wet and soft finger style. Apply a mix of styles.

-------------

Posted By: arona
Date Posted: December 01 2011 at 6:34am
Hi.
Actually i have a curly hair. i like your tips.
thank u so much for this sharing.

-------------

Posted By: manni
Date Posted: December 16 2011 at 7:02am
Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted By: manni
Date Posted: December 17 2011 at 7:11am
Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

-------------

Posted By: kimadam
Date Posted: June 14 2012 at 10:17am
Curly Hair Care Tips
Limit shampooing your hair to no more than double a week. Shampooing pieces your hair of its natural oils.

Use a refresher every time after you shampoo to re-moisturize your hair.

Use a leave-in conditioner on your hair regular or every other day.

Use a shampoo and conditioner that is particularly designed in the direction of curly hair.

Prevent using limit toothed combs and brushes. Use wide-toothed combs alternatively which has less of a tendency to trigger damage and frizzing. 

Posted By: Ericachristina
Date Posted: June 15 2012 at 12:10am

I have naturally curly hair and what I found effective in keeping my hair soft, moisturized, healthy and shiny was deep conditioning treatments. I do a deep conditioning treatment every week and it really helps maintain the strength and moisture of your hair.

I also limit my shampooing to once per week, and I use a sulphate free shampoo. I also find that Shea Moistures organic shampoo for curly hair is very geared towards maintaining the health of curly hair by adding moisture instead of stripping the hair while still leaving it clean.

I also use oils on my hair my favourite being coconut oil and argan oil.

I never comb or brush my hair when it is dry as this can be very damaging for very curly hair.

I use a wide tooth comb and I hardly use any heat on my hair.

I use great leave in conditioners, and leave in conditioning treatments and oils before styling.

I also use a heat protectant before heading out in the sun; the sun can be drying to curly hair as well. You can also get UV protection shampoos and products.

I do not use alcohol based holding products in my hair and I sometimes do overnight leave in treatments.

Posted By: BrazilianH
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 4:40am
Thanks for sharing Curly Hair Care Tips is very useful.

Posted By: marybrown
Date Posted: December 05 2012 at 9:55pm
I am always on the search for curly hair tips which really work.  These all sound great. 

Thank you.

-------------

Posted By: dcssalman
Date Posted: June 01 2013 at 3:51am
Beautiful tips brilliant 

Posted By: Davidwilliams
Date Posted: June 07 2013 at 10:07am
The tips of curly hair you have provided are really good. My friend have curly hair and I always try to tell him to care as it looks good to him. Now I will give him these suggestions.
Curly hairs are different from other one and these needs proper care.

Posted By: Rachel S
Date Posted: July 05 2013 at 1:06am
I have very thick, curly hair. I want my hair to be more healthy, smooth, with no split ends, & shiny. My hair has never grown past my shoulders & I really want it to grow out nicely. Your hair tips are really working good for my hair type & hope that following them they will be more healthy. Thank you very much.

Rachel !!!

Posted By: Davidwilliams
Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 3:52pm
Useful tips. I want to change my hairstyle from straight to curly. How I can do that? Please help.

Posted By: haircurltool
Date Posted: February 18 2014 at 12:21am
Using shampooing , it is great!

-------------

Posted By: haircurltool
Date Posted: February 18 2014 at 12:23am
Maybe I should have a try.

-------------

Posted By: Belloavenue
Date Posted: March 24 2014 at 2:33am
By using a good hair shampoo and using hair conditioner after the shampoo daily you can remove your curly hair.

Posted By: teresimpson
Date Posted: April 30 2014 at 2:59am
I love having curly hair but the frizz is just terrible.Argan oil has helped make my hair more manageable :) I use a hair repair system which features moroccan argan oil and it's amazing! Not greasy and smells really nice.While it's a bit pricey, it's worth it.

-------------

Posted By: mailtoKIRILLKIR
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 6:21am
Follow these simple points below to enjoy a beautiful curly hair

• Comb your hair by using your fingers
  • Reduce Shampoo and conditioner uses.
  • Leave your curls alone when they are drying up.
  • Detangle curls before shampooing.
  • Pin up your curls.

Posted By: lion099
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:59am
Excellent tips. 

I know that Karen Marie Shelton from HB.com has naturally wavy hair w/some curls and she has said on many occasions she uses Basil oil mixed with jojoba for her deep conditioning home based DIY oil.  She claims the Basil EO helps amp up growth cycles and is applied to the roots. 

The big caution with Basil oil is that it can NOT be applied directly to the scalp, but must be mixed with a carrier oil such as Jojoba or olive, almond or etc., 

I know she swears by Basil as her secret hair growth deep treatment oil.  Her hair is to her thighs, so there must be some truth to it?  Or maybe it's all the other stuff she does. 

Thanks again.  Awesome tips. 

Posted By: JenniferHebert
Date Posted: August 22 2014 at 7:14am
I like curly hairs. Curly hairs need more care then normal hairs. You have to know in curly hair you don't need more shampoo instead of this it need more conditioner. Don't use too much products on your hair. Use products only when you are in the shower.

-------------

Posted By: eunpro12
Date Posted: April 04 2018 at 7:57am
Always use a really great deep conditioner for curly hair. 

-------------

Posted By: HeleneCastillo
Date Posted: February 25 2020 at 3:18am
good info

-------------
HeleneCastilo

Posted By: Gregoria A.Graham
Date Posted: March 01 2020 at 11:57pm

https://www.pai-shau.com/collections/shop?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=LT -

Tips for Curly Hair for seeking well defined curls

Shampoo in the Shower:

• Keep Hair Well-Moisturized.

• Apply Products While Wet.

• Divide Hair into Sections.

• If You Scrunch, Scrunch With Care.

• Use Good Quality Products.

• After Products are Applied, Leave Hair Alone.

• Let Hair Air Dry Whenever Possible.

Posted By: Hairisbeauty
Date Posted: February 25 2024 at 9:29pm
Use https://www.perfectlocks.com/collections/curly-hair-care-products" rel="nofollow - curly hair care products , such as a moisturizing shampoo and apply leave-in conditioner daily to avoid stripping natural oils from the hair. Limit the use of heat styling tools to prevent hair damage. I suggest understanding your hair types so you can choose the products and styling method that work best for your needs.

Posted By: luxolots12
Date Posted: March 14 2024 at 1:55am
Originally posted by lion099 lion099 wrote:

Excellent tips. 

I know that Karen Marie Shelton from HB.com has naturally wavy hair w/some curls and she has said on many occasions she uses Basil oil mixed with jojoba for her deep conditioning home based DIY oil.  She claims the Basil EO helps amp up growth cycles and is applied to the roots. She uses https://ozdurag.com.au/collections/hair-bonnets" rel="nofollow -

Print Page | Close Window