Print Page | Close Window

Leave-In versus Rinse Out Conditioner

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=67034
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 12:12am

Topic: Leave-In versus Rinse Out Conditioner
Posted By: gwatt
Subject: Leave-In versus Rinse Out Conditioner
Date Posted: September 04 2010 at 10:24am
Hey there,

I am wondering whether it is necessary to use both a leave-in AND a rinse out conditioner. I always have, but I find the combination makes my hair oily since moving to a home with well water.

I would prefer, if I can get away with just one, to use the leave-in.

Any thoughts on the matter, My Hair Gurus?

-------------
gwatt

Replies:
Posted By: beachbum88
Date Posted: October 05 2010 at 2:19pm
It is not necessary to use both types of conditioners. The type of conditioner that you use depends on your hair type. If you have dry, color treated or damaged hair you would benefit from using a weekly conditioning treatment that will help to repair your hair. Furthermore, applying conditioner after you shampoo your hair will help to restore oils that damaged strands need. If your hair is oily or has a tendency to look greasy it would be best for you to use a leave in conditioner. However, you should only apply the conditioner to the areas of your hair that need it

Posted By: beachbum88
Date Posted: October 05 2010 at 2:19pm
It is not necessary to use both types of conditioners. The type of conditioner that you use depends on your hair type. If you have dry, color treated or damaged hair you would benefit from using a weekly conditioning treatment that will help to repair your hair. Furthermore, applying conditioner after you shampoo your hair will help to restore oils that damaged strands need. If your hair is oily or has a tendency to look greasy it would be best for you to use a leave in conditioner. However, you should only apply the conditioner to the areas of your hair that need it.

Date Posted: October 05 2010 at 5:10pm
Oh wonderful!

Thank you so much! Just exactly what I wanted to hear!

-------------
gwatt

Posted By: HAIRpros
Date Posted: October 21 2010 at 4:36pm
I like to use both. My hair is fine but super dry, not chemically treated but naturally dry. So I need the added moisture. I do recommend going light on the leave in. Good luck.

Date Posted: October 21 2010 at 4:59pm
Thanks, HAIRpros!

It seems my sebaceous glands are finally adapting to this softer water. I've been able to go back to my rinse out with a touch of leave-in successfully just this week!

YAY!

-------------
gwatt

Print Page | Close Window