Print Page | Close Window

do private schools ever give induction haircuts?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6761
Printed Date: July 03 2024 at 4:57pm

Topic: do private schools ever give induction haircuts?
Posted By: duke
Subject: do private schools ever give induction haircuts?
Date Posted: May 18 2004 at 7:02am
I have just finished reading a disgusting story I found on the Internet. It's about a girl with beautiful hair whose head was forcibly shaven at the opening assembly at a boarding school because it went past her collar and it was a sort of induction ritual at the school. Now I don't believe this to be anything like a true story per se - I appear to have stumbled upon a website for sadism-haircut fetishers or something along those lines, but am curious, could it be based on something real? Are there private schools (military/reform type schools excepted) that really have some kind of haircutting induction ritual for new students? For GIRLS? If so, the world is even more backward than I thought.

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: May 19 2004 at 7:22am
I dunno about in the west, but I've heard of some Asian schools with rules regarding hair length, and teachers who have no problem just lopping it off in the hallway if it's too long by the rules. I think that sounds a bit excessive, actually. But speaking as a female who was not allowed by parents to get a haircut despite having very much wanted to, for me, at least, hair length rules and/or induction cuts would've seemed like a good way around it. Makes me wish there had been such things in some of the schools I went to.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 06 2004 at 7:12am
I gotta say, that's ****, and if a teacher did that to me i would sue.. SUE i tellya.. once i figure out how *laughs evilly*

Print Page | Close Window