Print Page | Close Window

My hair has radically changed - HELP!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6764
Printed Date: July 03 2024 at 3:22pm

Topic: My hair has radically changed - HELP!
Posted By: Trishymouse
Subject: My hair has radically changed - HELP!
Date Posted: May 21 2004 at 3:29pm
I am a 45 year old woman who for most of my life, until recently, had thick, naturally curly hair. Hairdressers marveled, men swooned, etc., etc. Now, in the last 2 years or so, my hair has thinned so much, it’s TOO thin. Also, in the front, it’s to the point it’s almost so thin you could call it on the edge of balding. My hair is more brittle, dryer, and the curl is all but gone. I don’t use hair dryers, didn’t need and don’t use permanents. I’m kind to my hair. But I really HATE my hair now. Nothing looks good. Cuts to make it look fuller fall flat. It’s lifeless. Help!

P.S.: I am not on birth control any longer, but once was. I have had my thyroid checked. No problems there the doctor claims.

Replies:
Posted By: LisainCalif
Date Posted: May 22 2004 at 1:10am
Peri-menopause will do this to your hair--and you are right at the age for it. My friend who is 43 is going through exactly the same thing. She is always complaining about it being very dry (and frizzy) and hair loss now.

Do a google search on menopause and hair loss, and you will come up with lots of info on it.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window