Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=67775
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 9:19pm

Topic: Surprise Christmas Pixie
Posted By: NikkiJay101
Subject: Surprise Christmas Pixie
Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 3:50pm
My hair had been long all my life - nearly waist length - however I was told a couple of weeks ago that due to too much home colouring I needed to have at least 8" cut off. My boyfriend and I started looking through hair mags for styles. My boyfriend found the attached link and half joking and half serious suggested that's how I should cut my hair. He said as a positive all my dyed hair would be shorn off!!!

http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/gallery/Tom_Carson_2004_D2_050.JPG

Yesterday we walked through the snow to the salon and I had it all cut off. My hair is sooooo short, but the stylist did a perfect job and I'm so thrilled with how I look. I'm totally unrecognisable from my long hair past, my boyfriend said he wouldn't have recognised me if he hadn't watched it being cut off.

I haven't told my mother yet, and I'm due to arrive at my parents (home) for Christmas on Christmas Eve - all my grand parents, aunts, uncles, brothers etc will already be there. So do i warn them about my dramatic new look before or turn up as a surprise Christmas Pixie?

[IMG]smileys/smiley17.gif" align="middle" />

Replies:
Posted By: DMB61
Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 4:39pm
I say go for the surpise. Shock them all.

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 5:35pm
Well the link is a beautiful cut...if you look any where close to the model, your boyfriend is one lucky guy.
I say go for the surprise!
Any chance you could post a before and after pic of you?

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 7:25pm
I love surprise Christmas pixies; I'm sure everyone else will too. Love the style you selected and glad that your happy with it.

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 6:03am
My BF was attracted to the cut because he did think the model looked like me, I personally couldn't see it!
It became obvious that this was how he wanted my hair cut but I wasn't so sure. Lots of girls out there are going to start screaming at me now - but I told him that if he came to the salon with me, I'd have my hair cut exactly as he wanted - I love him!
The stylist cut my hair, showed me the finished cut in the mirror - she had left a bit of length in the nape - he had that cut off!
I was thrilled at the result - my eyes, my cheekbones! I have now copied the models makeup, especially eye and I do look like a clone!

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 5:19pm
Wow!
Again, what a lucky guy.
My wife never really cuts it the way I want it...always longer and styled differently.  I wanted to go with her sometime to the salon but definately doesn't want me to go.  Every Christmas, I think maybe this year she will surprise me...I'm sure I will be disappointed again.
Glad things worked out so well for you and your boyfriend.  Tell him he better worship the ground you walk on. Smile

Posted By: shortvslong
Date Posted: January 04 2011 at 12:59pm
Same here loveshorthair! I really love this cut

Date Posted: January 07 2011 at 1:59pm
I surprised my family with my new hairdo at Christmas, everybody loved it - but I got a lot of teasing from my two brothers who have longer hair than me!

I've booked my next appointment for 2 weeks tomorrow which will be 5 weeks since first cut - however after less than 3 weeks its starting to look a bit grown out! The cut is starting to lose its edginess and is looking a bit boyish! It saves me a load of time in the morning but getting my haircut every 4 weeks seems a bit excessive   

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: January 07 2011 at 7:57pm
You'll learn to love getting your haircut eventually and actually look forward to your next visit to the salon.  You could always do the "Full Moon" haircut thing; there's something magical about getting a haircut during a full moon and it occurs every four weeks.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: baldshorthair
Date Posted: February 19 2011 at 8:49pm
Come visit the site "WORLD OF BALD AND SHORT HAIR GIRLS "...!!!

http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/ - http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/

office
office

ikay ikay

Print Page | Close Window