Forum Name: Asian Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special hair needs of people of Asian descent
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=67955
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 3:57pm

Topic: Asian Male Porcupine Hair: hair sticks straight up
Posted By: Jinnix
Subject: Asian Male Porcupine Hair: hair sticks straight up
Date Posted: January 15 2011 at 5:21pm
Hello, I seem to have a problem with my hair. It's poker straight, yet grows in very thick and strong. The result is that it grows straight out from my head instead of laying flat. The longer it grows, the bigger my hair gets. I want nicely textured hair that lays flat against my head. Honestly I've been trying to find a solution for years and am willing to try about anything. Right now its 1 inch on top and a quarter inch on the sides, I use glue-gel to push it down but it still won't lay flat. Lately I've been thinking about using one of those black hair relaxers on my hair. Even though its already straight, the relaxers are supposed to break down the bonds in the hair so that its weaker and hopefully lays flat. Anyone had any experience with this? I plan on using a no-lye relaxer so its not as harsh.

Replies:
Posted By: namvu9x
Date Posted: April 06 2011 at 2:44pm
why not try to thin them out?

And Brush your hair and part it how you want it to be when your hair is wet.

My hair is also thick and wavy. so i purchased this products called Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion, i apply it after shampoo ing then blow dry with a brush and the puffy hair goes down :D

Print Page | Close Window