Print Page | Close Window

stylist rights?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Professional Ponderings
Forum Description: Professional Stylists, Makeup Artists, etc.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=68045
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 4:11pm

Topic: stylist rights?
Posted By: alpineblondie36
Subject: stylist rights?
Date Posted: February 03 2011 at 11:58am
Confused Do stylists have rights? I have been doing hair 16 years with no complaints and had a very distressing client on a Saturday.  She wanted to be blonder than she was so I proceeded to put foils in her hair. By the time I finished the foils in the back the front was done so I pulled the foils out so they wouldn't process anymore to give minimum damage. I leave her for 5 minutes and she proceeds to pull on the hair that still has the dried bleach on them breaking off her own hair ( 6 witnesses). She is running around the salon ranting and raving that her hair is falling out and making other stylists and clients very uncomfortable. She then demands I remove the back foils ( orange at that point) and shampoo her out. I  immediately do so and then I blow dried her hair. The front being a pretty  blonde , the back a hideous orange. Her hair was not breaking off in the comb nor the sink when shampooing.  She was pretty abusive and I am not negligent.

I didn't charge her one dime and gave her a free deep conditioning product to take home.

Here comes the best part, she is a 2009 law grad specializing in estate law, I have lost sleep over this well due to the emotional distress and worry she will try to sue me.Cry  I take my job seriously and take great pride in my work and have a good clientele. It is a small world in the hair industry where I live, and I am worried about my name and the salon name being tarnished. If she does sue I have witnesses as to the situation, but really wish I could counter sue for emotional damages and slander. Tongue

Anyone else have any experiences with clients like that? In 16 years this was my first.

-------------
xoxo

Print Page | Close Window