URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=68131
Printed Date: March 19 2024 at 3:35am

Topic: Ann Curry
Posted By: Kramer
Subject: Ann Curry
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 9:49pm
Did you see Ann Curry on Jimmy Fallon's show the other night? Love
how long her hair is getting.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/b99063120272271">user%20posted%20image   http://www.imagebam.com/image/3bf230120272094">user%20posted%20image   http://www.imagebam.com/image/c5238b120272051">user%20posted%20image

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Replies:
Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: February 21 2011 at 2:19pm
That does seem longish: certainly not a bob anymore. Pity Ann spent most of her broadcasting life looking dowdier than she needed.

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: February 21 2011 at 6:33pm
     Shocked Network hair police! You're all slipping! Under *no circomestances* should a woman Ann's age be allowed to wear sensuous long hair. It's her hair or your jobs. Angry Bob

Date Posted: March 05 2011 at 4:35pm

Needs to be shorter or longer.

Date Posted: March 06 2011 at 2:33am
Longer, but I'll bet it's soon shorter. Just a hunch.

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2011 at 3:25pm
Seems a bit longer.

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: March 20 2011 at 9:53pm
Can she do anything else with her hair besides the ear tuck style (or the dreaded bun)

Posted By: Ricc
Date Posted: March 22 2011 at 10:37am
I absolutely love Ann's hair long and I think it works well for her with the right styling. That malarkey about over 40/50 women having to wear short hair is so 20th century. But the odds are stacked against her. The last time she grew it long Today made her cut it for one of those "cut your hair for charity" things. Next time she should just give the $100 and keep her hair.

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: March 22 2011 at 1:08pm

Ricc - FYI, "Today" didn't make her cut it.  She grew it out for 2 years because her daughter asked her to so they both could donate.  Much to Ann's embarrassment, the show built it up to the huge on-air segment it became.

As for this style, I should hate it because it's just long and straight...but, Ann has the advantage in that look actually works for Asian hair.  And, though it's not my favorite, it kinda works for her.  Sure, there are other styles of hers I like much better, but this isn't awful...

JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Date Posted: March 26 2011 at 3:20pm
Seems a bit more voluminous.

Date Posted: April 26 2011 at 6:16pm
Anne seems happy--and her hair is looking good too!

Date Posted: May 16 2011 at 12:42pm
Interesting behind view:

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: May 17 2011 at 7:08pm
Since Ann is officially replacing Meredith Viera as Matt Lauer's co-host on Today, anyone think she'll get a new cut/style to go with her new role?

I hope so as I think her current cut and style are pretty bland, but don't expect any change.

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Date Posted: May 17 2011 at 8:39pm
considering meredith has a bland style, I am not expecting anything new.

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: May 18 2011 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

considering meredith has a bland style, I am not expecting anything new.

Good point Loves

I don't think I ever remember Meredith with anything exciting, new or over the top from when she was on The View or at any time on Today. 

I actually received a photo of Ann with a shorter choppy look in a NBC press release announcing her new promotion to Meredith's spot but she had her hair tucked behind her ear as always.

Not sure if the photo was an old one or what.

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Date Posted: May 18 2011 at 5:13pm
I think she should have the courage to grow it to at least APL.

Date Posted: June 30 2011 at 4:30am
Quite like this messy bedhead look.

Date Posted: June 30 2011 at 1:27pm
It is always "ok" to me unless she does the dreaded double ear tuck

Posted By: xiaoxiao
Date Posted: July 03 2011 at 8:50am
Have you all noticed her hair seems to be changing a lot since she took over for Meredith? Somedays straight and sleek other days more waves and fullness.

I like her, but she always seems a tiny bit awkward.  Or is that just me?

Date Posted: September 28 2011 at 12:43am
Some days I really enjoy Ann's hair. Clean, neat, no ear tuck. This was one of those days.

-------------

Date Posted: June 18 2012 at 1:55pm
I hope Ann Curry's new short hairstyle looks better on the Today Show than it looked today in photos. I can't stand it. The new cut has aged her, IMHO. In the ratings war among the morning show, that can't be a good thing.

-------------

Posted By: arch94
Date Posted: June 18 2012 at 4:09pm
HUGE improvement and a giant step in the right direction!

IMHO

-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: June 18 2012 at 5:16pm
I like it too; I don't think it ages her. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: June 18 2012 at 6:02pm
     It's a shame that she never really grew her hair out after the stupid donation event at which hundreds got sheared and then shunted aside, but this cut doesn't look bad. I don't let my ill feelings toward her and her network color my opinion of hairstyles.

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: June 19 2012 at 3:20am
Oh well. I guess seeing her with long hair again is not going to happen. Thanks for the update.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: June 19 2012 at 1:15pm
The shoulder length bob had got very boring, so I guess it had to go longer or shorter.

Needless to say, I don`t like it.

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: June 20 2012 at 9:08pm
She's leaving the Today Show?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/ann-curry-today-replaced_n_1613657.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D171652 - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/ann-curry-today-replaced_n_1613657.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D171652

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: June 20 2012 at 9:14pm
Sounds more like the Today Show is leaving her...

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: June 21 2012 at 2:01am
Get a new do lose the job. LOL. Really if they let her go it will be a sad day.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: June 21 2012 at 1:15pm
Maybe ageism is a factor? She looks great for her years but is, I believe, 56.

Date Posted: June 21 2012 at 6:58pm
And is the new shorter look a last attempt to look slick and professional for her bosses in order to try and avoid the axe? Such things have been known.

Print Page | Close Window