Print Page | Close Window

How long would you grow it?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=686
Printed Date: June 19 2024 at 2:22pm

Topic: How long would you grow it?
Posted By: uzma
Subject: How long would you grow it?
Date Posted: June 30 2003 at 7:27pm
Hello Long Hair Lovers

I am just wondering how long you would let your hair get? Would you stop at a particular length?

I have no idea what my growth potential is as neither of my grand-mothers nor my mother let their hair grow very long.
So my personal hair growth odyssey involves a discovery of my unknown maximum length.

Do you know how long your hair will grow....or are you willing to find out..?

Thanks in advance .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
An Interlude........

I never read the story of Rapunzel, but as an avid Tolkien admirer, I found long hair inspiration in the character of Luthien Tinuviel from the Silmarillion.

Luthien was an elven princess, of loveliness that beggared description. The most beautiful of the children of the world.

The arts of enchantment "...caused her hair to grow to great length, and of it she wove a dark robe that wrapped her beauty like a shadow..."

Luthien cast a spell into her hair and trapped it there by twining it into a rope.

It's a beautiful story, but the image of hair so long that it can be worn as a cloak around the body, is truly fascinating to me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

-------------
Uzi

Replies:
Posted By: SuperGrover
Date Posted: June 30 2003 at 10:06pm
That is a nice image. I think Alanis Morissette did that in a video once?? For "Thank You".

I think I might stop at my waist. I just like the length of waist length hair. At this point it seems like my hair is growing so slowly that this will never be a concern of mine.

I do wonder how long my hair would get.
I recently learned that my Great Grandmother had long hair. She lived to 100 years old! I don't really know how long her hair was. Whenever I saw her, it was in a bun.

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Posted By: AmandaPanda
Date Posted: June 30 2003 at 10:24pm
The longest I think I'd ever want my hair to be is ankle length. I don't think I could take care of it myself if it's any longer than that.
Currently, my longest goal is mid-thigh. Once my hair gets that long, I will decide if it'll look good longer, and if I will still be able to take care of it.

-------------
http://amandapandahair.spaces.live.com/ - My Long Hair Odyssey

Posted By: 3katz
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 7:31am
As long as it will get in what is left of my lifetime, which is plenty of time. So far, it's only been as long as a little past shoulder length. Unless it becomes a royal pain, I want to see its full potential.

Jean

Posted By: CrazyGirl
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 11:47am
Waist length for me....

-------------
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1016946 - http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1016946

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 12:10pm
My current aim is BSL or waist-length, but if it happens to be able to grow longer than that, I'd be curious of my hair's natural end length.

Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 1:17pm
Thank you for your responses, ladies.

Lets see…so far we have:

Waist-length = 2 SuperGrover & CrazyGirl

Ankle-length = 1 AmandaPanda

Full potential-length = 3 Jean, papillion_purple and me

*’:*~’:*Can you imagine us all in 10 years time…with our glorious flowing locks….*’:*~’:*

If we all got together at that time, we would create a female forest of beautiful long hair....the stuff of faerie tales and legends.. :’*’:..

Yours dreamily.....

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Kintaro
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 4:02pm
I know that 10x15 is 150 + 46 I have now is 196. Even though I'm 201 tall , some would be on the floor by then, but not to over-project, let's say they'd be at the knees or a bit below by then. However I'm going terminal :P

-------------
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.

Posted By: Laine1998
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 4:26pm
I would go for waist length.

I was almost there and I cut quite a bit off, but it needed it. I am growing it back again, using a better shampoo/conditioner and it seems to be helping a lot.
The summer seems to help me, I just wrap it up in a bun and secure it with a "scrunchi sport!" it keeps it out of my face, detangled, and it grows because it is being left alone!

-------------

Posted By: grenwich
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 5:29pm
Add me to the tally of those who're going for it.

My hair is as long as it has ever been as an adult - I don't think it's stopped growing, so let's see how far it will go. If it gets to the point where I can't take care of it - I think I'd have to consider losing some length. I don't want someone else to have to care for my hair....

Ciao!
Gren

-------------

1bCiii
between tailbone and classic (43.5inches)

Posted By: Karrinne
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 10:05pm
I would like to hit knee length and would be thrilled if it would get to ankle length, much more than that would be hard to care for. But we'll see, I have a ways to go before I hit either one!!!

-------------
hair today/hair tomorrow/hair always
??/37/52
See my hair at http://karrinne1960.tripod.com - http://karrinne1960.tripod.com

Posted By: hairalways
Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 5:29am
AS it says in my signature...my first goal is to get to 26". I am better able to handle small goals than to set the bar too high for myself all at once. Once I reach 26, I will have a little party for my hair with lots of aromatherapy and oils...maybe even go to a salon and have it braided into an updo.

Then my next goal is waist, which on me is about 30"....then more celebrating!

I think that if I reach waist and can handle the extra weight, I might try longer. I have some heavy hair.

On this topic....Dave, or any of you other long haired lovelies - have you ever weighed your hair?

Jacqui

-------------

Posted By: Laine1998
Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 11:04am
Hairalways,

thats a good thought!! I have never thought about the actual weight to hair..hehe Something else to "subtract" when we get weighed...

Laine

-------------

Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 1:46pm
My ex-bf's sister cut off 18 inches of hair a few years back. We weighed it on kitchen scales and it was just over 1oz.
And she had thick, abundant hair.

So not much to deduct from the scales unfortunately, Laine .

-------------
Uzi

Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 1:52pm
Hi Jacqui

Yo mentioned a hair celebration when you reach your goal......why wait so long..????

I am planning a celebration on August 13th, when it will be exactly 1 year since scissors were used on my hair.
One year of un-cut hair calls for much feasting and gifting of hair-toys and oils amongst like-minded friends.

Speaking of which, I have a few long-haired chums in real life, now.
I conclude that long hair magnetically attracts it's own kind to itself .

-------------
Uzi

Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

*’:*~’:*Can you imagine us all in 10 years time…with our glorious flowing locks….*’:*~’:*

If we all got together at that time, we would create a female forest of beautiful long hair....the stuff of faerie tales and legends.. :’*’:..

LOL Then we could braid it all together into one beautiful multi-colored braid!
OK, maybe that wouldn't work... you couldn't get all of us close enough together. I'm just being silly.
It could work with like 4 or 5 people though. :)

Your party sounds marvelous, Uzi. Wish I lived close enough to crash it.

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 4:04pm
SuperGrover ~ I like your idea of a SuperBraid.

And if you were in London, you would not need to crash the party, you would be invited as a guest of honour…specially so if you bought Gunther with you (in which case you would be guests of honour).

Anyway, there is no reason why we can’t get creative and have an online celebration of Long Hair Happiness Day…whenever that might be….maybe we should make a date…...all suggestions welcome...

Time to update the tally of lengths:

Waist-length = 4 SuperGrover, CrazyGirl, Laine and Jacqui

Ankle-length = 2 AmandaPanda and Karrinne

Full potential length = 5 Jean, papillion_purple, Kintaro, Grenwich and myself

Well we have enough in the waist-length and full potential-length categories for making those braid you spoke of Traci.

You have me thinking ......maybe in 10 years time, those of us who have kept in touch can send each other a fallen strand of our long, long hair.
We can each make a tiny multi-coloured braid as a keepsake of our achievements..~:'*':~

Don't mind me..I'm just laying a trail of dreams
………..~''*

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 6:17pm

Speaking of which, I have a few long-haired chums in real life, now.
I conclude that long hair magnetically attracts it's own kind to itself .

Birds of a feather flock together, Uzma.

Originally posted by SuperGrover SuperGrover wrote:

Then we could braid it all together into one beautiful multi-colored braid!

You mean sorta like this?

ftp://ftp.tlhs.org/week/week1358.jpg
ftp://ftp.tlhs.org/week/week1360.jpg

Oh, and Uzma, you can toss me into the "full-potential" category, even though that hasn't ever been my goal, it's where I find myself these days.

-------------

Posted By: AmandaPanda
Date Posted: July 02 2003 at 9:28pm
I like that braid idea.

Nice braid, Dave

Check out the multi-colored braid here(scroll a bit):
http://fsck.com/~johanna/070102/braid/ - http://fsck.com/~johanna/070102/braid/

-------------
http://amandapandahair.spaces.live.com/ - My Long Hair Odyssey

Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 12:45am
Oooh, that's great, Amanda!

Wow those pictures take a long time to load! And I have a Cable connection! But worth the wait.

-------------

Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 6:54am
Uzma - I have yet to find a "long hair" afficionado in person here where I live...I mean, I have friends who wear their hair long...a few inches past shoulder if that is considered long. But I think it is just the style they happen to be wearing now. They all blowdry and color it and don't really seem to have the same reverence we have for it.
It would be awesome to have a live person to hang out with and braid my hair!

I will celebrate with you on Aug 13!

Jacqui

-------------

Posted By: andi
Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 7:00am
Years ago a magazine ( I think it was New Scientist or Omni) asked the question 'how do you weigh your head?' The issue being, without decapitating yourself how do you only weigh the head and not any part of the body - if you put your head on the scales of course your body is adding to the total mass weighed.

'How do you weigh your hair?' as a much harder question :-) Lets say you are not allowed to cut it all off and put it on the scales...

As another 'hair maths' question - we know that hair appears shorter when plaited as it weaves rather than is straight. There ought to be a direct relationship between hair thickness and length 'lost'......

-------------
''A single open mind
can open any door'
Sonia Rutstein

Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 10:27am
Thanks for the invitation, Uzi! I wish I could go. I'd love to visit England someday. I'm so pathetic. I'm 24 and I don't even have a passport yet!
Gunther wouldn't be so excited about coming, however. That's a long plane ride to endure without a litter box!

Ahem, anyway...
I agree. It would be great to have a local friend to hang out with and play with hair. Share conditioner. :)

As for weighing hair... couldn't you just get a basket-like scale? Like they have in the produce section? If you stood very near to the scale, or stood with your head hovering just above it, and put all your hair in the basket, I think you'd get a pretty accurate reading.
I don't however recommend trying this at your local grocery store. No THAT would gross out your fellow customers and probably attract some store employees real fast.
But in theory... :)

And I should think you could weigh your head this way, if you wanted. You'd have to lie down on a bed, with your head sticking off the head of the bed. Then put the scale right there, and relax and let the scale hold your head. You'd have to have your shoulders and neck supported by the bed.

Traci

-------------

Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 1:16pm
Hey Jacqui

My new hair-buddies are way out of my league. One has tailbone length hair at age 21, and the other is at thigh length at age 24.
I'm the oldie of 38, at just past shoulder-length learning from these young lasses .

I hope you find some chums that you can "talk hair" with in RL. But if not, you still have all of us here .

SuperGrover

you kill me, honey.

If I see anyone furtively weighing their hair in the fruit section at the supermarket, I'll know who is responsible for that crazy act...YOU, ya mad gal...tee hee

-------------
Uzi

Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 1:20pm
ooo forgot to say:

Great braids, Dave and Amanda.

Can you imagine if the two triads tried walking around with the braids in place..........the amaxing 3-bodied braid monster..........what a riot .

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: 3katz
Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 2:00pm
ooooh, those braids are so beautiful! I love the contrasting colors and symbolism of them! So very warm and chummy!

Jean

-------------
3katz

Posted By: Girl Tia
Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 6:44pm
I love my long hair.

How long would I grow it???
Well it is nearly mid-back now.
Would I want it longer???Maybe a little past my wiast would be long enough.
I keep it trimmed at my current length however, just haven''''t gotten around to growing it longer.

Posted By: Girl Tia
Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 6:47pm
I should add, I love my hair in rollers!!!

Date Posted: July 04 2003 at 8:02pm
Thanks, Amanda Panda!

-------------

Posted By: princessmonica
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 11:45am
count me in for tailbone length but who knows the more it grows the more i love it i keep moving the length. the longer it grows the longer i want it lol. as for now tailbone

-------------
http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders - http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders

Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 1:44pm
So here is what our length aspirations look like:

Waist-length = 5 SuperGrover, CrazyGirl, Laine, Jacqui and Girl Tia

Tailbone-length = 1 Monica

Ankle-length = 2 AmandaPanda and Karrinne

Full potential length = 6 Jean, papillion_purple, Kintaro, Grenwich, Dave and myself

Anything beyond waist-length in my city (London) is atypical.
I spot tailbone-length maybe 4 times a year.
Anything beyone tailbone is very rare.

So, we’re all quite a dedicated bunch of looooong hair growers.
So pleased to know you all and to be in such good company.

Looooooooooooooooooooong may we all grow

-------------
Uzi

Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 9:03pm
Well, here in scorching hot Florida, waist length is a rarity. I spot thigh length maybe once a year....It is definitely important to become well practiced in the art of braiding during the torturous months of summer!

I am so looking to feeling my hair at my elbows and waist!! Sometime next year my hair will reflect my soul. (hopefully, if it is still on the 1/2" track.

jacqui

-------------

Posted By: Benji the Sausage
Date Posted: July 07 2003 at 4:18pm
My goal is waist length as I'm in High School and really would have issues with EXTREMELY long hair (which I dye as of now because my natural color is ugly) when in school and stuff. in te long run id grw it as ong as t would go.

-------------
BSL/Blonde/Chemically Treated (abused)
1b/cMii
I swear by Redken Extreme and Shea Butter.

Date Posted: July 07 2003 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by hairalways hairalways wrote:

Well, here in scorching hot Florida, waist length is a rarity. I spot thigh length maybe once a year....It is definitely important to become well practiced in the art of braiding during the torturous months of summer!

I am so looking to feeling my hair at my elbows and waist!! Sometime next year my hair will reflect my soul. (hopefully, if it is still on the 1/2" track.

jacqui

Jacqui!

You don't see much long hair in Florida? Whereabouts do you live, if I may ask? Here in the greater Tampa Bay region I see LOTS of long hair. I've been noticing that an increasingly large number of girls and women have waist-length hair. I see "classic" length hair on others about once every few weeks.

I do agree with you that braids here are a must during the tortuous 7 months of summer!

Here's hoping your hair continues to grow at 6 inches per year. If it helps, that's how fast my hair grows.

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2003 at 9:08pm
DAve - No WAY do you live in Tampa. So do I!!

I live in South Tampa, Westshore area....."The Land of the BMW SUV driving soccer moms" (me and my Mazda just don't fit in). Everyone over here sports a shag cut or some modification of it......you see a lot of bobs too. I guess I was referring more to women in their 30's. There are young girls who wear their hair long, bsl to be the most common. I guess I am just not hanging out in the right places.

What a coincidence!! So where do you like to pay Golf round here? Pebble Creek, Hunters Green, Westchase? USF?

Jacqui

-------------

Date Posted: July 08 2003 at 6:51pm
LOL! Jacqui... it's a small world, indeed!

I have played golf at all the courses you've mentioned, and more. The area is a sanctuary for golf lovers.

Yes, I guess those in their 20s generally seem to be have the longest hair, while those in their 30s are more prone to bobs... though they, too, are growing them out some (I know quite a few who are).

Another Tampaite... Tampanian... Tampan? (nah, sounds too much like something else) What do you call someone who lives in Tampa? I know, I know... a resident of Tampa.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2003 at 5:53am
Very cool! My husband loves the newer courses. Doesn't get to play much lately tho.

Yes! Bring on the new wave of women in their 30's with longer hair!

I will be the pioneer who will inspire the masses (feeling rather full of it this AM)

I have seen Tampanians written on plaques at the Library and such...so I think that's what the folks here like to be called...I was going with Tampans for a while before someone corrected me (embarrassing story involving too much wine and people who my husband works with and didn't want to be embarrassed in front of)

jacqui

-------------

Posted By: RedJen
Date Posted: July 09 2003 at 7:31am
Hi there (off-and-on poster here.)

I'm going for full potential. I'm between tailbone and classic-length right now, hoping to hit classic by Christmas (it grows SLOOOOW!) My ultimate goal, though, is to see how long it can get.

-------------
20/42/as long as it will get
2b/Red

Posted By: Nez
Date Posted: July 11 2003 at 11:05am
Hmm maybe to my waist, I don't think I would go any longer. Probably a good 6 inches short of that though.

-------------

Posted By: galadriel~
Date Posted: July 11 2003 at 6:34pm
Right now my goal is 38" but I bet when I reach that goal I'll want classic length. After all when I started my goal was waist lenght.

-------------
23/34/38 2c iii

Posted By: SnowWhite
Date Posted: July 11 2003 at 9:28pm
Add me to those that are going for tailbone length.

-------------
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><

Date Posted: July 12 2003 at 11:35am
Here's how our gang is looking:

Waist length = 7 SuperGrover, CrazyGirl, Laine, Jacqui, Girl Tia, Benji the Sausage and Nez

Classic length = 1 Galadriel

Tailbone length = 2 Monica and SnowWhite

Ankle length = 2 AmandaPanda and Karrinne

Full potential length = 7 Jean, papillion_purple, Kintaro, Grenwich, Dave, RedJen and myself

Welcome to all the newbies and long may we all grow .

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: TKDKix
Date Posted: July 13 2003 at 12:26pm
Right now my goal is bra-strap length, b/c it is only at my shoulders. I like little goals, vs. big ones that will depress me. I have always had a hard time growing my hair out, because I hated the awkward stages of growth. But now, the sky is the limit b/c I am past the point where I have funky layers everywhere!

-------------
Today not possible, tomorrow possible!

Date Posted: July 13 2003 at 2:29pm
Hi TKDKix, welcome to the board! It's always nice to "see" new faces here. (this is mine: )

Small goals are an excellent idea. Whatever works for the individual is what works. And those "small" goals come with relatively brief intervals, too... it's always nice to celebrate their achievement.

-------------

Posted By: wheeler
Date Posted: July 13 2003 at 6:39pm
I was on a long hair site a few months ago and the author was saying something about how they didn't want to die without knowing how long their hair would grow. I think that unless it got very hard to manage or unhealthy looking I will let my hair grow until it stops. I think the perfect length for me would be classic length, but if i'm already there then why not go for a full head of hair?

-------------
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck

Date Posted: July 13 2003 at 6:47pm
Hi Wheeler

I think we can re-write that old saying "Curiosity killed the cat" to read "Curiosity grew the longest locks".

I visit museums fairly regularly, being an dork and all, and see the Egyptian mummies, bog men and other examples of preserved (or not) human bodies.
It is notable how the hair survives the bones in many cases. Yet it is almost pure protein and should therefore decompose and decay away with the flesh.
Kind of long-lived is hair .

Sorry for the morbid topic .

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: psycobitch
Date Posted: July 14 2003 at 2:34am
I always thought even a BS would be nice, more than nice actually-wonderful!
But if I am beeing completely honest WAISTLENGHTWAISTLENGHTWAISTLENGHTfor me, thank you!
I´ll just have to wait and see if I´ll ever get there...

Uzma, to guote one a dear person;" Also there is one other element to add to it which is the small details of difference camouflaged on the big, absolute equity of days and nights,that in the end amounts to a chaotick progress, where and when you can not hold to a thing, to difference or sameness and really when you come out of it you do not which line you are in, why are you doing that and not this and how predictably unpredictable your life is,and so is your death."
So, morbid is not always bad- to correct a common mis-understanding.

-------------
Wings

Posted By: Erinlynn
Date Posted: July 18 2003 at 4:51pm
I wouldnt mind letting it grow to the fullest potential...but again, at that point you end up haveing to wear it up =( There is no way I could keep my almost knee lenght hair out of the way and comfortable while working (i work outside, a wetland biologist), swimming, or just being myself. Even bellydanceing was a problem. You cant swing your hair around as well, it wraps around your head and then you look silly trying to fix it while danceing especialy if you have thick hair.

So for the sake of enjoyment I had to cut it. I want to dance about and let my hair be wild and free! So waist lenght is perfect. I actualy cut it shorter so that I could have a good portion to donate but it will be back to my waist soon enough.

-------------

Posted By: ll_insomnia_ll
Date Posted: July 20 2003 at 9:46pm
I don't want my hair to get any longer than mid-back length.. yup.

-------------
no

Date Posted: July 21 2003 at 9:16pm

I visit museums fairly regularly, being an dork and all, and see the Egyptian mummies, bog men and other examples of preserved (or not) human bodies.
It is notable how the hair survives the bones in many cases. Yet it is almost pure protein and should therefore decompose and decay away with the flesh.
Kind of long-lived is hair .

Sorry for the morbid topic .

Hi Uzi,

A few years ago there was a local newspaper report on a traveling exhibit of mummies from South America... I believe the mummies were estimated to be about 1400 years old... anyway, one of them, a woman, still had a shock of hair attached which was about 5 feet long. Yep, amazing how the hair lasts.

-------------

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: August 22 2003 at 1:12pm
Sorry, I'm kinda late posting here.My goal is prbably about 37", but I expect I'll reach it and go past it if I can because I always want to beat everyone I know at everything. Being competitive is in my blood. Whilst it sounds stupid, I want my hair to be long enough to put it in a plait that goes right around my head in a circle rather than crossing pigtails because it doesn't look as good. Only 10cm to go. Two questions though:
1. How long is 'classic length'
2. Where's your tailbone (note to self-listen to boilogy teacher more)?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: Karrinne
Date Posted: August 22 2003 at 7:45pm
Answer to questions:
1. Classic length is at the bottom of your buttocks.

2. Your tailbone is the near the end of your spine, past your waist, near the top portion of your bottom.

-------------
hair today/hair tomorrow/hair always
??/37/52
See my hair at http://karrinne1960.tripod.com - http://karrinne1960.tripod.com

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: August 23 2003 at 12:53pm
A-ha, thanks for that.. Hmm. So, because I'm quite short with long limbs, I'm past tailbone, and I suppose I'm aiming for classic length.

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: Gollan
Date Posted: August 23 2003 at 7:00pm
I'm glad this post popped back up because it has made me think about this question. I've been so concerned with getting my hair grown past my shoulders that I haven't given much thought to how long I want it. Minimum, mid back. If it looks reasonable I could go for the waist/belt level. (I'm a guy so I won't be talking about BSLs or tailbones :D).

-------------

Posted By: cadensmama2002
Date Posted: August 23 2003 at 11:27pm
WAIST LENGTH!!!! i really dont think i cound get it longer than that and have it healthy...but i'm sure gonna try!!!

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: August 25 2003 at 1:33pm
I'm tempted to let my hair grow down to my waist (Like Metallicas new Bassist Robert, he has cool hair) but unless I get rich I probably won't. I think I'd have it down to the middle of my back. It's very wavy so it's slow to grow.

Posted By: Benji the Sausage
Date Posted: August 25 2003 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Viineman Viineman wrote:

I'm tempted to let my hair grow down to my waist (Like Metallicas new Bassist Robert, he has cool hair) but unless I get rich I probably won't. I think I'd have it down to the middle of my back. It's very wavy so it's slow to grow.

i saw some dude at ozzfest with hair like that. he actually looked like metallicas bassist, and he was with some guy who looked like KoRns guitarist. And they both looked and had the same hair as the guys in the bands. I'm bad with names....

it was kindof amusing. The guy with the really long hair looked like he put a lot of effort into it. It was really nice and shiney. The other guys hair scared me. It was just. wrong.

Nearly every guy there had long hair anyway.

however at the warped tour which i am never going to again, everyone had short hair (guys and girls. cept for a few) and everyone had at least ONE part of their hair dyed.

i think im the only one who goes to concerts and analyzes hair between bands.

oh. I changed my mind. I'm growing it to classic length now.

-------------
BSL/Blonde/Chemically Treated (abused)
1b/cMii
I swear by Redken Extreme and Shea Butter.

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: August 25 2003 at 7:04pm
I said, when I started growing it out, that I want to see how long it will get. Now, at mid-back, I realize the work that goes in to keeping it nice-looking. But all it takes is some information and a change of rutines. During the summer I have really worked with conditioners (didn´t even use them before!), oils, tools and sleeping habits now it actually looks pretty healthy again.

I guess the reason I want to check the length is that my dad always said that we didn´t have the genes for long hair in our family. He was dead sure we (or more particularly I, who had that ambition already as a kid) couldn´t even get it to waistlength. So I guess I have something to prove, in a way.

And when my curiosity is satisfied, I believe classic length would be the most becoming for me.

I hope everyone gets to the lengths they aspire to!

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Posted By: Anne-Loes
Date Posted: September 16 2003 at 7:31am
I reached my goal of waist-length hair but I need about 10"more to be able to sit on my hair. What shall I do? I'm doubting for month's already.

-------------
Anne-Loes

Posted By: Steen
Date Posted: September 16 2003 at 8:05pm
Hrmmmm, I'm at Classic length now... I believe I would like to go to at least mid-thigh. If it's still goin well from there, then i'll keep on. My mom had mid-calf (idolizing Ms. Gayle ), so I think I'll be able to keep going for a while.

-------------
42.5" Nut Brown Bluntcut

Posted By: CrazyGirl
Date Posted: September 16 2003 at 8:50pm
Have you guys ever thought of meeting up? I think it would be really cool to meet you guys in person!

I'm from Los Angeles... anyone from the area?

-------------
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1016946 - http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1016946

Posted By: princessmonica
Date Posted: September 16 2003 at 11:21pm
i'm in san diego

-------------
http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders - http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders

Date Posted: September 21 2003 at 8:59pm
I have made friends with, and then met, many long-haired people (adults, mind you ) "found" on the www. It's great fun. Trust is obviously a huge issue, as always when meeting other people for the first time, so meeting in a public place (restaurant, mall, etc) can be a good idea.

-------------

Posted By: Kateyez37
Date Posted: September 23 2003 at 12:26am
Since I have a ways to go, I will have to see how long my hair will actually grow before it starts splitting off. I have fine hair, so I don't think it will be able to grow as long as many of you here.

I'm aiming for just above waist length. I hope I can achieve it. :)

Kris

-------------

Posted By: AnnaJeanLee
Date Posted: September 30 2003 at 5:30pm
Mine is at waist length now. I don't want it any longer then this. The longer it gets I have a hard time caring for it and putting it up because of my physical disability.

-------------
Anna :P

Posted By: Coyote
Date Posted: September 30 2003 at 6:04pm
I'd love to get it to classic length...but only if it still looks decent. Shortest I'd want it is to my mid-back, though.

-------------
"Hope is when we feel the pain that
makes us try again" -Chico Science

Posted By: caramia
Date Posted: October 01 2003 at 5:52am
Bra strap length for me, I think. It's only just touching my shoulders now - growing out from a pixie cut.

Caramia

-------------
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: March 13 2005 at 9:33pm
I would like to grow it to my elbows or my waist maybee longer. It is currently 23 inches and will feel good when I can get to 30 inches.

-------------
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Posted By: vijay
Date Posted: March 14 2005 at 7:37am
hai i am vijay haircare advicer and messur

my coudin sister has 98cm hair length now.her aim is grow upto floor length.her husband also love her hair

i am giving tips and massage to her and she take daily one biotin 1000mcg.

ok anyway if u want any tips means ask me
mpvijay@indiainfo.com

bye to all

urs
vijay

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: March 14 2005 at 7:39am
Danny Cecati said that when his hair reached floor length, he would cut it to the tops of his shoes. That sounds about right.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: GoldieLocks92
Date Posted: March 14 2005 at 11:20am
Waist length, I think. From there I'd decide if wanted to go longer, but most likley not. I can't deal with hair thats TOO long. It'd probobly get in my way any longer than waist length.

-------------
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 6:57am
I'd really like mine to go mid-thigh, absolutely.  I think this is just the coolest looking length!  After that I'll have to see how much luck I have caring for it and keeping it out of trouble before I commit to going longer.  

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Print Page | Close Window