Print Page | Close Window

Going from medium brown to lighter blonde- how?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=68661
Printed Date: May 28 2024 at 9:18am

Topic: Going from medium brown to lighter blonde- how?
Posted By: yawnee
Subject: Going from medium brown to lighter blonde- how?
Date Posted: June 08 2011 at 8:57pm

How do you guys suggest going from:

to:

or if there's any other shade suggestions that's totally welcomed :>

btw, I'm new here so I apologize if I'm doing something wrong.

Replies:
Posted By: Dark40
Date Posted: July 22 2011 at 3:45pm
You can try Clairol Nice N' Easy's Ultra Light Natural Blonde shade Box87, hopefully that will work.  How light are you trying to go?

-------------
Shannon D. Bax

Posted By: Jojoswr
Date Posted: July 22 2011 at 6:27pm
If you want to go blonde like that, you'll need to use a bleach first, then use a toner. A  hair color alone will only lighten your hair 1-2 levels and bring out the red tones.
If you are going to do it yourself go to Sally's or contact Clairol Chat through their web site.

Posted By: xenus001
Date Posted: July 24 2011 at 8:06am
Yes, I agree with Jojoswr.  If you use box color you MAY pull red, orange or something else if your natural base has lots of red.  I agree that you should bleach like Jojoswr says. 

Whatever you decide, always do a patch test first to see what will happen rather than just slap the color onto your head and hope for the best results.

Posted By: beachgerl
Date Posted: August 11 2011 at 11:19pm
For anyone who wants to go to a light blonde from brunette needs to do a double process. Double process = bleach + toner. It's only way to go light without the brass, orange or icky yellow tones that occur while lightening one's hair. Seeing a pro will make it easier for you and they have products that are good and gentle to hair that undergoes drastic changes. Then you can do the root touch ups yourself. This is a high maintenance so it's not recommended to anyone who is not into high maintenance mode. =)

-------------
http://www.fauxblondes.com - Faux Blondes International Beauty Ezine

Print Page | Close Window