Print Page | Close Window

Is this hairstyle becoming popular?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=68688
Printed Date: May 08 2024 at 2:06am

Topic: Is this hairstyle becoming popular?
Posted By: xxxzvp
Subject: Is this hairstyle becoming popular?
Date Posted: June 12 2011 at 2:14pm
My wife has been wearing a heavy weightline mushroom style on and off for almost two years now. Now she is thinking about going for a more bowl like style, over the ears. I have been seeing this style more often on young women, although I would not call it mainstream. What do you folks think about this style? One pic is of my wife's current haircut, the other is of the cut she is thinking about.

Replies:
Posted By: Heratic
Date Posted: June 13 2011 at 1:36am

The two styles shown are variants on what I would call a mushroom cut.  The latter reminds me of styles that women were wearing in the eighties but that with a modern twist.   I like it but haven't seen many women with such a style -  so whether its a new emerging trend or not is hard to tell.

Having said that my wife has been contemplating having her hair clippered very short above her ears for a couple of months now.  What appeals to her is the contrast in length as she can no longer be as flamboyant with colour due to her work.   

Having seen the occasional similar styles I believe she has decided to go for something similar, although it wouldn't be a mushroom cut as she doesn't like them, at her next appointment, probably in a month's time.

-------------
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Print Page | Close Window