Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=68700
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 2:53pm

Topic: Perm Question
Posted By: monicah
Subject: Perm Question
Date Posted: June 14 2011 at 12:04pm
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I picked the curly hair forum. I just got my hair permed yesterday, and yes, I know to wait a few days before shampooing my hair! For the first wash after the wait, should I use a shampoo and conditioner or conditioner only? My hair was fine-ish before the perm, but usually took the scrunching I did pretty well before hand. I'm also using The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture shampoo and conditioner. Is that fairly good stuff to use?

Replies:
Posted By: sun159159
Date Posted: June 14 2011 at 3:22pm
Keep in mind that using a conditioner or any kind may soften the permed hair so it will be harder to scrunch.  If you need a conditioner to offset the chemical treatment then use just a little and don't glop it on.  Maybe only apply to the sectons that really need some conditioning.

Posted By: monicah
Date Posted: June 14 2011 at 10:14pm
Thanks. I REALLY want the perm to last as long as possible...I"m attending a wedding in July and hopefully it'll still look good by then :)

Posted By: hairfashion
Date Posted: June 24 2011 at 2:12am
Originally posted by sun159159 sun159159 wrote:

Keep in mind that using a conditioner or any kind may soften the permed hair so it will be harder to scrunch.  If you need a conditioner to offset the chemical treatment then use just a little and don't glop it on.  Maybe only apply to the sectons that really need some conditioning.

I have a question,Several years ago,I want to have a cur hair,But It failed,The hair dresser said that my hair is too difficult to curl it.Why?Someone can tell me?And can I have a curl hair.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window