Print Page | Close Window

I need some advice/ answers

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=69165
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 11:15am

Topic: I need some advice/ answers
Posted By: skclemmons
Subject: I need some advice/ answers
Date Posted: August 19 2011 at 7:35pm
Right now I am recovering from a horrible cut job. I've been growing my hair out for years and recently got my hair "trimmed" and now it is a slightly grown out bob. I am trying to teach myself to not dye or straighten my hair or anything.
In order to do this I was considering getting micros done.
Before I go into the questions I want to make it clear that yes I am a Caucasian, yes I realize that micros are "African-American style" but I am desperate and would like to see how they look on me.
1.) Is there a hair length that is needed to do good micros?
2.) Will getting them done stunt the hair growth or could it possibly help it because of less manipulation day to day?
3.) How would I take care of my hair? I know I can't wash it how I normally do so what would I do to control how dirty my hair gets etc.
4.) I could really use some tips for helping hair growth.
Currently I am taking multivitamins and biotin, not just for the hair growth though.

Replies:
Posted By: Dark40
Date Posted: October 10 2011 at 5:17pm
i know whatcha mean about recovering from a horrible cut job.  My hair is slightly passed my shoulders.  But micros my help you even though they are am Afro-American style.  I would honestly get them.  I don't think they will stunt hair growth.  Now, I've never had them before but like afro-american hairstylists have alway said, "braids are good for hair growth."  I hope I have helped.  Good luck!  Let me know how it turns out.

-------------
Shannon D. Bax

Posted By: itslewlew
Date Posted: October 10 2011 at 11:52pm
what are micros? never heard of them!

Posted By: Dark40
Date Posted: October 18 2011 at 12:59pm
they are mini-braids.  Or, they are like mini-plaits.  You can get several of them put into your head.  The are all over the web!

-------------
Shannon D. Bax

Print Page | Close Window