Print Page | Close Window

my wifes buzzcut

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6935
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 2:17pm

Topic: my wifes buzzcut
Posted By: xxxzvp
Subject: my wifes buzzcut
Date Posted: October 19 2004 at 6:42am
I met my wife over three years ago,and at that time she had permed hair to the middle of her back. Over the course of the last two years it has steadily gotten shorter, yet her last trip to the salon gave her what she calls a "military buzz." The sides and back are shaved off to the scalp,and the top is about a half of an inch long. Actually she looks quite good in this style,we both agree. The problem she is running into is with her co-workers,especially the men, most of the women like it,although there are several females who are almost repulsed by her hairstyle. Has anybody else out there ever encountered this kind of persecution?

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: October 19 2004 at 1:09pm
I've heard many stories about "hair persecution". I've even gotten some from my own family members because they thought mine was too long (it was only to the middle of my back then too). Frankly, it's no one's business how she has her hair but hers, and if people have a problem with it, it's them with the problem, not her.

It goes to show you who at work is a compassionate /mature person - and who would rather selfishly try to control you by telling you what they think of your hair when you didn't even ask them!

Posted By: The Asian Invasion
Date Posted: October 19 2004 at 3:20pm
It really depends on where she works. I know that many professional companies, do not like to see their accountants in buzzbuts, but to each their own, I'd say. =)

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: October 19 2004 at 11:19pm
This "repulsion"... I think it happens with everything that is not mainstream in certain settings. Unusual dress, different colored hair, tattoos, ...

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: October 21 2004 at 3:41pm
I'm surprised it's mostly women with the unkind cuts. While I never prefer ultra-short hair on women, I'm respectful when a woman gets a radical chop. In discussions behind a woman's back, many men are positively brutal. Bob

-------------