Print Page | Close Window

UGH!!! Making myself crazy!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Loss
Forum Description: Support group for those suffering from hair loss.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70050
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 11:56pm

Topic: UGH!!! Making myself crazy!
Posted By: hairwanter
Subject: UGH!!! Making myself crazy!
Date Posted: January 30 2012 at 3:35pm
So Im going to try for the short version of my story....about a yr. ago I wanted to darken up my normal highlights and my stylist applied a glaze (I believe) it was Redken (which is the brand of highlights I have always had). I loved the color, but my hair texture seemed to change from there on, my hair seemed dry and lifeless. Months later I just didnt feel like my hair was "right" I switched from Aveda shamp/cond to WEN. I loved WEN, felt like my healthy hair was back. A few mths later I felt as tho I was loosing an abnormal amount of hair. I switched back to Aveda and switched hairdressers just to switch things up. The new stylist used Aveda hair products, and did highlights with foils and then painted the rest with a dark color (not sure how else to explain this) I loved the color, but the hair loss continued and then I began to have scalp burning. My scalp was red and inflamed. I saw a dermatologist who Rx'd a steroid liquid and advised I use Rogain. I tried both of these and I felt things got worse. The burning worsened, and I now I had flakes. The answer given by the derm was "perhaps you have some depression or anxiety" (Im beginning to think she's right!!!!) I saw multiple doctors after that, my iron was slightly low, so I am taking an iron supplement. My thyroid checked out normal, as did my testosterone, DHT and other various labs. I had my hair colored this same way maybe 3 more times and this last time I had only foils done. The strange thing is I have no burning while the color is processing & no increase in burning the first few days after the color. I will say things are slightly better, the burning is less general so to speak, it's like a sharp stabbing burn that moves from place to place on my scalp, altho I do also have the generalized burning to. From time to time I feel like my ears or forehead burn. Could this be from the Aveda color? One other strange note-I have upped my vit. B quite a bit and I feel this has made a difference, twice I have stopped and noticed an increase in the burning. At one point I waited 14wks or more before a color, and I continued to have the burning. One thing that has come up in dr. visits is stress-I do have normal life stress (job, kids....) and when this all began, I had a death in the family... Anyone out there have any thought???????   That didnt turn out so short did it!!!!

Print Page | Close Window