Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70152
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 3:53pm

Topic: Desperate Hair Question!
Posted By: crazywaves
Subject: Desperate Hair Question!
Date Posted: February 24 2012 at 11:02pm
I've been searching for an answer to my problem for YEARS and am starting to feel like I'll never find a solution. At this point I will take ANY advice! Well, for a little background on my hair, I am 50% Italian, but have received 100% of the Italian physical features. In other words, thick, crazy hair. It's not the thickest hair I've seen, but still thick by most standards. It straightens with a flat iron very easily (which is how I always wear my hair) and is shiny and healthy when I do so. My problem is, I don't want to keep straightening my hair!! I use lots of product, so it's not as damaged as it could be (yet... I'm 19). However, in the summer time, I love going swimming and going to the beach. But I DREAD what my hair will look like afterwards. After swimming or after I shower my hair gets HUGE. I'm talking 1980's massive. I let it air dry after showers (I haven't used a hair dryer in years) and it's pretty long (to my chest/middle of my back.) It's not curly either. If I had curls, this poof would seem reasonable. It's just slightly wavy and kinky. When I ask this question everyone either says "you're lucky you have volume!" or "you just need frizz serums". That's NOT the problem though! It's WAY too much volume for my 5'1" frame. And it's not frizzy either, it's just big and puffy. So my question is: Do you know of any products that you swear by that can help tame this poof? I feel like I've tried everything!!! I'm dying for that natural beachy hair everyone looks forward to having in the summer. I don't want to keep hiding my hair in ponytails if it's not straight!

Print Page | Close Window