Print Page | Close Window

Which destinations will you never visit again?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Off Topics
Forum Name: Travel Talk
Forum Description: Airlines, Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70305
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 10:12am

Topic: Which destinations will you never visit again?
Posted By: Ericachristina
Subject: Which destinations will you never visit again?
Date Posted: March 16 2012 at 5:01pm

Are there any places you have visited or even hotels you have stayed in that you would NOT want to visit again? If so Why?

For me it would be Belize City. I know there are beautiful places in Belize but the area where we stopped on our cruise was not pretty...it was sad because I was so looking forward to it. The area was dirty, very drab and there were police standing at the side of the roads with huge machine guns so I did not feel very safe. We went shopping and air boating but I’d definitely like to go somewhere else if I am ever in Belize again.

Another place I don’t think I will be visiting again is Samana Dominican Republic. This stop on one of the cruises I went on was rather rural and a bit unclean. The beach I went to was horrible, dark sand, dark looking water and the town was very scarce. The people were nice but that was a poor choice for a stop if you ask me. They can try again when the area is a bit more developed for tourism.

Replies:
Posted By: stevieb
Date Posted: April 23 2012 at 3:20pm
Mexico....sorry, just wasn't a good vacation. 

Date Posted: April 23 2012 at 6:04pm

Hi Stevieb

What part of Mexico did you go to?

Posted By: boconnor
Date Posted: June 26 2012 at 11:50am
I've loved Mexico both times I've gone - Acapulco had amazing clubs (although I wouldn't return anytime soon with the current crime) and Playa Del Carmen was amazing too.

I don't think I would return to Daytona Beach or Panama City Beach - both were fun for Spring Break in High School/College, but too much now that I'm older.

Date Posted: June 27 2012 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by boconnor boconnor wrote:

I've loved Mexico both times I've gone - Acapulco had amazing clubs (although I wouldn't return anytime soon with the current crime) and Playa Del Carmen was amazing too.

I don't think I would return to Daytona Beach or Panama City Beach - both were fun for Spring Break in High School/College, but too much now that I'm older.

I had a good time in Mexico too, I went to Cozumel and it was clean with a beautiful coast and very safe. I guess it depends on what part you visit and when.

Posted By: boconnor
Date Posted: June 28 2012 at 1:19pm
I've heard Cozumel is beautiful along with Cabo. Acapulco was safe when I was there (2004) but I've since seen reports of tourists being killed in and around the resorts. Granted, no place is going to be completely safe, but no point in taking the risk in a heightened area. There are so many destinations in the world, that I don't see much of a reason to return to any twice. I think my next tropical vacation would be to somewhere in the Bahamas.

Date Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by boconnor boconnor wrote:

I've heard Cozumel is beautiful along with Cabo. Acapulco was safe when I was there (2004) but I've since seen reports of tourists being killed in and around the resorts. Granted, no place is going to be completely safe, but no point in taking the risk in a heightened area. There are so many destinations in the world, that I don't see much of a reason to return to any twice. I think my next tropical vacation would be to somewhere in the Bahamas.

The Bahamas is very nice I have been there twice. I went to Nassau for a week the first time and then three days the second time. I also went to Paradise Island for the day, and Exumma islands. Exumma was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen; it is a chain of small islands about 1and a half hours by power boat from Nassau. I saw a program that said that around those islands had the clearest water on earth! I took a power boat day excursion from my hotel and it was breathtaking! So if you do go there make sure to check that out it was the highlight of my visit.

I actually posted a short blog entry about my trip there if you want to check it out
http://ericabookandmovie.blogspot.ca/2011/02/travel-blog-exuma-bahamas.html - http://ericabookandmovie.blogspot.ca/2011/02/travel-blog-exuma-bahamas.html

Posted By: goldtin
Date Posted: July 28 2012 at 1:31am
I have no place where I can't be like to go again.sorry!

Print Page | Close Window