Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70374
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 9:19pm

Topic: Time for a new stylist?
Posted By: OH2TX
Subject: Time for a new stylist?
Date Posted: March 26 2012 at 4:35pm
I think it may be time for a new stylist...
I have been going to the same woman for the last 4 years.  And while she does make my hair look "nice," she just does not help push me out of my comfort zone. 

I know that may sound "silly."  But I talk to her about trying different styles or trying out bangs or what-not.  But she always seems to want me to keep my hair in the same style or something very similar to what I have been wearing for the last several years.

Any suggestions on how I can get her to be slightly more adventurous or is this a lost cause?!

Replies:
Posted By: xxxzvp
Date Posted: March 27 2012 at 3:54am
It's a lost cause, time to look for someone new. Good luck, a good stylist is very hard to find.

Posted By: bnbivi00
Date Posted: March 27 2012 at 7:06am
Where do you live? If you live in the Lexington, KY area, I would love to have you as a client. I push all my clients to do different things and try new things. Drives some of them crazy but most are receptive.

-------------
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Posted By: OH2TX
Date Posted: March 27 2012 at 2:43pm
It is a challenge to find someone new which is definitely 1 reason I have done so.  But a'las, I think it's probably time.
I took pictures to her the last few times of getting my hair done of some shorter styles (shorter than what I have) that I was potentially interested in, and she said to me -- "You know your hair grows so slow.  I don't think we really want to do this..."

Print Page | Close Window